Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2012   #21
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cromartie confident he can cover AJ

AJ dropped two HUGE plays in the Denver game, hence him being upset. He dropped one in the endzone and the other long one where the ball hit his facemask.
dtran04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #22
unclejamima
Rookie

Rep Power: 172 unclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respectedunclejamima is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL, one slipup by a Cro or a Safety and it'll be Andre slappin 6. Its not like he,s doing it himself, lets see what happens when OD and Foster start rippin it up and and Andre gets lost in the back end.
unclejamima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #23
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theNumber80 View Post
Andre isn't playing bad though. He's gotten open several times and Schaub doesn't look his way. Andre should be Schaub's 1st/2nd read. I mean Schaub has thrown it up for grabs to Kevin Walter and Lestar Jean yet he doesn't do it for Andre? And the two times he did we got a TD and almost another if not for some fluke ninja kick by Champ. Part of it is the playcalling because Andre only has ONE red-zone target so far and the other part is Schaub's unwillingness to look Andre's way. And what happens when he targets Andre in the passing game? Our offense is 5x better. The first offensive drive against Tennessee when we targeted Andre looked absolutely FLAWLESS. Andre NEEDS to be implemented into the offense way more. 25 targets in 4 games is inexcusable. A top 3 receiver not leading his team in targets? When does that EVER happen?

They're rotating out Andre more than ever early on in the season i've noticed. I think we'll see him a lot more in the coming weeks with two big primetime games followed by the Ravens. Just trying to keep him fresh for those games I think.
Old 10-06-2012   #24
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Cromartie is confident he can father six children by monday...
Old 10-06-2012   #25
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43559 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
I get the feeling AJ has been a bit unhappy with his own performances so far this season, I've read quotes where he's talked about the adjustment from his knee injury and how he keeps feeling as if something is wrong with it but he isn't sure if its a real problem or not.

I also read a comment about a conversation him and Schaub had on the sideline during the Broncos game where he said he'd been playing crap all game, but Schaub said something to the effect of the ball was coming his way and he made that catch for the first down on the next drive.

AJ is our best receiver out there even if he isn't feeling at his best, but we need to hope he can get back to feeling 100% over these next few games because we're going to need him there with some tough games coming up.
In that game, AJ dropped a pass that hit him right in the hands that would have probably been a TD. He also wasn't able to coral the pass in the end zone on the play where Schaub got hit by Mays. In fairness, that was very well covered, and AJ shouldn't blame himself for that play. My though is he was upset with himself on those two plays.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #26
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43559 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
AJ dropped two HUGE plays in the Denver game, hence him being upset. He dropped one in the endzone and the other long one where the ball hit his facemask.
Exactly... Didn't see the second page to this thread before writing the previous post.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #27
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
They're rotating out Andre more than ever early on in the season i've noticed. I think we'll see him a lot more in the coming weeks with two big primetime games followed by the Ravens. Just trying to keep him fresh for those games I think.
This is my thought process. We need him in on the field more in January, not nearly as much in September with the weak schedule we faced barring the Denver game.
Old 10-06-2012   #28
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Really looking forward to this. It's on live on BBC TV at 1:30am.. This game will get tons of exposure to UK folk as everyone has access to this game as it's not on Sky but regular tv (altho I subscribe to NFL gamepass so get to see all the games)

AJ and co are 'bout to lay the smackdown on some Jets!
LondonTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #29
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing is, we have such a well rounded offense that we can just pick on other teams weaknesses. If he covers AJ then we won't force it, we will just use one of our other weapons that they are unable to cover.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #30
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

If Crom plays anything like he did against the steelers then the jets are in trouble .... He got picked on in that game and then made such a weak play attempt against Mike Wallace which ended in a steelers TD and turned the flow of the game on its head! He sucked big time... Not to mention they're missing revis and Holmes .. They do have the ever so potent Shonne green tho
LondonTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #31
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

this was funny from a few years ago when Cromartie was with SD

"his" facebook page
http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/smac...st-sunday.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #32
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203861 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
this was funny from a few years ago when Cromartie was with SD

"his" facebook page
http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/smac...st-sunday.html
Great snippets. Cromartie has always run away from contact. Though he does like to point his team mates to the spot where THEY should make contact. AJ needs to give him one good smack on the way past him in order to remind him how much he really does hate contact.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #33
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope Cromartie doesn't end up impregnating AJ. We had a LB that was pregnant once and it didn't go well for us......
Old 10-06-2012   #34
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 57187 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cromartie cant even cover up his junk let alone Andre, this fool is stupid
Old 10-06-2012   #35
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
in 4 games: 16 receptions, 268 yards & 2 TDs. He'll break 1k in the regular season.

I'm good with that.
I'm not. Half of the catches and nearly half the yds came in the opener.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #36
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 108211 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

"i dont think he's that great, i shut andre johnson down ... except for those two 80 yard touchdowns"
Old 10-06-2012   #37
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Cromartie confident he can cover AJ

I know Andre wanted to go up against Revis oh well. I think the Jets may use Cromartie with help..on Andre....I still think Andre is going to have a big game myself. National TV....He is going to be ready....
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #38
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
"i dont think he's that great, i shut andre johnson down ... except for those two 80 yard touchdowns"
rofl
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #39
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Antonio Cromartie cant name all of his kid's names, much less hang with Dre.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #40
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

He should worry about covering his dick.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read