Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-06-2012   #1
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anyone excited about Forsett as our #2 this week?

I am. As much as I hate to see Tate hurt, I'm excited about getting a better look at Forsett in the #2 spot and hopefully lightening Arian's workload. At the tail end of the Jax game, they continually snuck a safety into the box at the end of the game and Forsett was still exploding through his gaps. We'll see if he moves into that role barring Tate playing, but even if not you have to assume we should be able to run all day on the jets and he'll still get some carries.
Old 10-06-2012   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone excited about Forsett as our #2 this week?

I've been out of town all day. What the hell happened to Tate, can someone fill me in?
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #3
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 51554 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected

Hasn't been practicing. Has a toe injury. A freaking toe. Kubes said he will be a gametime decision which probably means he won't play.
Old 10-06-2012   #4
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak said he'll feel good about it if he practices tomorrow, which he will.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it turf toe? If it is, that will effect him the entire season.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #6
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 77922 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

All 3 of those guys will move the chains in our offense.

Comfortable with any of them toting the ball.

In fact the more they share it around the more pop and energy they will all have.
Old 10-06-2012   #7
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Seth Payne ‏@PayneNFL
Quote:
Jets backup QB Tebow is a virgin. Texans backup RB Justin Forsett saved self for marriage then went forth and multiplied. Advantage Texans.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-06-2012   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Is it turf toe? If it is, that will effect him the entire season.
Some of us suspect turf toe including Cloak but the Texans have been extremely vague as usual.

Old 10-06-2012   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Forsett will prove to be an asset to this team. From game one I've been expecting him to relieve some touches off Foster at least. Very good catching the ball out of the backfield also more than adequate blocker. So yes I'm excited to see him get some reps allowing Tate to go easy & Foster much deserved rest.

Quote:
RB Justin Forsett
(on if he feels like he’s still learning this offense) “I’ve been in this offense for a couple years now before I got here running a zone scheme and West Coast offense. I’m pretty accustomed to it.”
(on the team’s confidence in him) “It’s unbelievable. It feels good that they have confidence in me. They trust me to go out there and I just got to be consistent and continue to show them what I can do.”
(on having a three-headed monster at running back) “It’s special just because I try to put in a lot of work. I try to work hard every day. For other people to take notice, I’m appreciative.”
(on what he can bring to the offense) “Just a lot of energy, a lot of excitement, I can go out there and make plays and be productive any way I can and try to be a spark for the team.”

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #10
c10x
Veteran

Rep Power: 360 c10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respectedc10x is a quality contributor and well respected

Honestly I'm surprised he hasn't already been getting touches at RB. I don't think he needs 15 touches a game or anything, but he's definitely good enough take 5-10 snaps from Foster/Tate to help keep fresh legs.
Old 10-06-2012   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Forsett is good, and if he gets some playing time Monday, he'll show it. The Texans are blessed with excellent talent at the RB position. As long as two of our three RBs are healthy, the opposition will have to account for them.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #12
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm just happy we'll have a #2 RB, hopefully he gets plenty of run.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #13
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Tate and Caldwell both practiced today, so Tate is probably good to go for Monday night.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Tate and Caldwell both practiced today, so Tate is probably good to go for Monday night.
If they do make in onto the field on Monday night, the real question will be for how long.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #15
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Forsett < Tate. Therefore, no I'd prefer Tate. This is the regular season. I want the best talent on the field. We can get a look at him once we've got the #1 seed locked up or in practice
Old 10-06-2012   #16
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 76785 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
If they do make in onto the field on Monday night, the real question will be for how long.
And if the answer is the entire game, then what?
Old 10-06-2012   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
And if the answer is the entire game, then what?
I don't think that would give me all that much comfort longer term. A recurrent ankle problem in an Olineman and a toe "issue" in an RB is not something to take lightly. We'll have to see how they perform if they get out there......and how they fare after the game, symptom-wise and physical exam-wise.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #18
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

My biggest concern with replacement RBs is fumbles.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh...

I think Forsett can do just fine, but I don't expect him to get many more carries than Ben Tate usually gets unless it's a complete blow out...which is possible, But not a given.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #20
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 30463 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Didn't Kubiak say he wanted to see how Tate was feeling at practice today, and then make a game time decision? So, the fact that he practiced today without knowing how it went shouldn't tell us anything. If Kubiak has any type of confidence in Forsett, which I don't see why he wouldn't, the prudent thing to do is to sit Tate out.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read