Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 10-06-2012   #21
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Kubiak -
What do you expect him to say?

Kubiak once said zac diles was looking like a pro bowler. He defended jacoby endlessly and if you ask him about him now he'd say positive things about him.

I really don't care what kubiak says to the press. Barwin has not played well at the wolb position. Reed doesn't have gaudy stats either but I know what I'm looking at on the field and I don't even pay attention to stats religiously. Reed has played his position we, barwin has been below average.

Barwin should lose some weight to get more explosion off the snap.
Almost all of the pass rushers have a sack or a few qb pressures except the nose tackle and the wolb who is supposed to be one of your better pass rushers.

He'll beyond that, just be more active. Show up in the frame more. Be around the ball more. He's not even making his presence felt out there. If we lose watt I think we'll have to scheme our way to a successful pass rush because I don't see barwin winning his individual match ups right now.

Hence my belief that we could benefit greatly from a really good outside pass rusher.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #22
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1/4 Season 2013 Mock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Kubiak once said zac diles was looking like a pro bowler. He defended jacoby endlessly and if you ask him about him now he'd say positive things about him.
Kubiak has also called out players for under performing and needing to work on things so your belief Kubiak was just blowing smoke on Diles and Jacoby is illogical.

Your disagreement about Diles and JJ doesn't mean Kubiak was engaged in puffery. Diles is a starting LB and JJ is in the same role at WR on a SB contender.
Old 10-06-2012   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I really don't care what kubiak says to the press. Barwin has not played well at the wolb position. Reed doesn't have gaudy stats either but I know what I'm looking at on the field and I don't even pay attention to stats religiously. Reed has played his position we, barwin has been below average.

Barwin should lose some weight to get more explosion off the snap.
Almost all of the pass rushers have a sack or a few qb pressures except the nose tackle and the wolb who is supposed to be one of your better pass rushers.

He'll beyond that, just be more active. Show up in the frame more. Be around the ball more. He's not even making his presence felt out there. If we lose watt I think we'll have to scheme our way to a successful pass rush because I don't see barwin winning his individual match ups right now.

Hence my belief that we could benefit greatly from a really good outside pass rusher.
This is my position and glad I am not the only one seeing what I see. I realize Barwin is going against good players but he went against good players last year also.
Some of you say I'd be adding an OLB to a crowded position. I'd draft one with Barwin being off roster so it would not be crowded.
Old 10-07-2012   #24
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79884 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm somewhere in the middle.
Barwin is doing OK, but nothing to really write home about.
(And I don't care if he doesn't have a sack; he needs to have a little more presence in the backfield.)
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #25
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Kubiak has also called out players for under performing and needing to work on things so your belief Kubiak was just blowing smoke on Diles and Jacoby is illogical.

Your disagreement about Diles and JJ doesn't mean Kubiak was engaged in puffery. Diles is a starting LB and JJ is in the same role at WR on a SB contender.
You are wrong on every level. One, I wasn't asserting that kubiak was "blowing smoke". I was asserting that.....he could be incorrect...gasp....

Kubiak does not criticize players publicly and he will only acknowledge that players have not played well when it becomes painfully obvious.

And Diles being a starting lb means what?

Kubiak said he was on the verge of being a pro bowler. The guy has bounced around the league and is a mediocre player. He is a starting lb on one of the worst teams in the league and that somehow, in your mind, justifies Kubiak's assertion that Diles was about to be a pro bowl level player? Talk about illogical.

And jacoby is doing well for Baltimore, but once again, my point is that despite jacoby's shortcomings HERE kubiak never bashed jacoby and even after the punt debae in baltimore he didnt speak negatively about him He talked him up a bunch--even when he struggled.

He's saying barwin is playing well, so I guess if he bounces around from the rams, unemployment and colts and ends up starting for one of the worse teams in the league then in your mind kubiak was right.
Old 10-07-2012   #26
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 300095 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You are wrong on every level. One, I wasn't asserting that kubiak was "blowing smoke". I was asserting that.....he could be incorrect...gasp....
Totally disingenuous. Asking "what do you expect him to say" does not imply someone is incorrect sometimes. It implies they are always going to say positive things.

Quote:
Kubiak does not criticize players publicly ...
Yes he does. There have even been multiple threads around here about his calling out various players and whether it was a smart motivational technique. There are lots of smaller comments which are critical but don't result in separate threads.

But really your whole response is dancing around. Are you asserting (1) Kubiak is blowing smoke or (2) Kubiak states things he believes but is just incorrect?
Old 10-15-2012   #27
Rey
Hall of Fame

1) Dion Jordan, OLB

2) Michael Mauti, ILB

3) Abry Jones, NT

3) C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE

4) Johnny Adams, CB

5) Denard Robinson, RB/WR

6) BPA

7) BPA
Old 10-15-2012   #28
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Totally disingenuous. Asking "what do you expect him to say" does not imply someone is incorrect sometimes. It implies they are always going to say positive things.

Yes he does. There have even been multiple threads around here about his calling out various players and whether it was a smart motivational technique. There are lots of smaller comments which are critical but don't result in separate threads.

But really your whole response is dancing around. Are you asserting (1) Kubiak is blowing smoke or (2) Kubiak states things he believes but is just incorrect?

No he does not. Kubiak does not come out and say X player is underperforming. He might (MIGHT) come out and say that a guy has messed up when it's completely obvious, but on a general basis Kubiak does not talk negatively about players nor coaches in the media. You suggesting he does is ridiculous.

And my response is not dancing around. I have no idea why Kubiak is saying Barwin is playing well. How the hell am I supposed to know that. All I know is that what is coming out of his mouth and what is happening in reality does not match up. You can assign whatever reason you want.
Old 10-15-2012   #29
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not draft savy as some people on the board, but at this point I'm not looking at specific players as much as gauging what we're likely to need after the season ends.

Looking at the team right now, I am not sure James has been anything more than a stop gap, he could be valuable depth next year though. I do think ILB or RT should be considered the biggest spots to address.

Initially it looked like WR could be solved this year. Well, I guess good news is the position LOOKS young and deep. I think Martin could turn into a slot burner, Jean when healthy looks like he could turn into a #2, but Posey ....Well I still think it's a wasted third rounder. I just hope we see something better next year. Bottom line though is there doesn't look like there's a stud guy here. The FO could look WR high like Round 2.

I think with our 2 #rds the FO should look to DT, I think Cody will re-sign pretty cheaply and I think he does a good job. (I also like On the Nose), but we do need some help here and it would be interesting to see this defense with a guy who can get serious push up the middle. Second, I am not sure Caldwell resigns next year, but Jones is looking good in snaps and Brooks has the physical tools to dominate, who do we have after those two?

I do think this coming draft the FO will really have the ability to take BPA this year.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #30
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1) Dion Jordan, OLB

2) Michael Mauti, ILB

3) Abry Jones, NT

3) C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE

4) Johnny Adams, CB

6) BPA

7) BPA
Outside of your first round pick, I love the mock. Mauti fits a need and is a hard nosed player, Jones fits at NT, Fiedo, while not having the breakout season I expected is still a talented player, Adams can bolster the secondary, and Robinson would be a fun toy for Kubiak.

However, I just dont like Jordan, especially in the first. I dont see what other people see.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012   #31
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1) Dion Jordan, OLB

2) Michael Mauti, ILB

3) Abry Jones, NT

3) C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE

4) Johnny Adams, CB

6) BPA

7) BPA

I like Jordan but not in the first and don't see the need at OLB. I don't like Robinson, he just doesn't have a position in the NFL, maybe in the 6th or 7th but I think the 5th is to early for a project player without a position. What can you tell me about Abry Jones, I asked about him in the college forum but never got any answers and haven't seen him play though I like the size and critiques that I've read. Jones might be a 3rd-4th round NT candidate if we don't get Short or either of the Williams.

Last edited by Wolf6151; 10-15-2012 at 09:25 PM.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read