Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 10-04-2012   #21
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quarter season 2013 mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
AJ 16 for 268 17 avg 2TDs or 67 yds per game x 12=804more + 268= 1,072 for season. I think most will agree these stats will improve but I like way Schaub is utilyzing AJ.
I don't have a problem with how he is using any of the WR's. We run the ball a lot.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 149849 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think Dion Jordan is going to rise like crazy...

I hope we'd be able to get him towards the end of the first round, but I think he's going to jump up draft boards...

A 6'6", well built, fluid pass rusher with good burst of the snap capable of standing up or putting his hand in the dirt....

I need to watch him play more, but I'd take him at the end of the first round and not look back..
Don't disagree as I've quickly moved him up from 3rd to 2nd. I am hoping other Nose players will step up and allow me to shift from first round to second if Jordan continues to rise as season progresses.
Old 10-04-2012   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 149849 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1. Nose Jesse Williams Alabama 6'3" 320
2. OLB/DE Dion Jordan Oregon 6'7" 243
3a. S/CB Micah Hyde Iowa 6'1" 190
3b OG Alvin Bailey 6'5" Arkansas 315
4. WR Marcus Davis Virginia Tech 6'4" 232 4.3 43 inch vertical
5a TE Jake Stoneburner Ohio State 6'5" 245 4.49
5b ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky 6'1" 265 109 T (17 for loss)3.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 1 INT
6. SS Ray Ray Armstrong 6'4" 220 4.59
7. BPA
Arkansas 11 am, Virginia Tech 11:30, Wisconsin 2:30, LSU (ILB Kevin Minter)2:30, Ohio St 7 pm, Oregon 9:30 pm.

Games I'll watch October 4th
Old 10-04-2012   #24
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I think Dion Jordan is going to rise like crazy...

I hope we'd be able to get him towards the end of the first round, but I think he's going to jump up draft boards...

A 6'6", well built, fluid pass rusher with good burst of the snap capable of standing up or putting his hand in the dirt....

I need to watch him play more, but I'd take him at the end of the first round and not look back..
That guy sure looks good, doesn't he?
But I'm not sure he'll jump.
From what I read, he already put on some more weight this year and still is in the low 240s.
Don't know how he's going to hold up against the OTs in the NFL on the run.

Wolf, there are cut ups of 4 or 5 games from last year on youtube.
They don't take very long to watch.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...jordan+youtube
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #25
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
That guy sure looks good, doesn't he?
But I'm not sure he'll jump.
From what I read, he already put on some more weight this year and still is in the low 240s.
Don't know how he's going to hold up against the OTs in the NFL on the run.

Wolf, there are cut ups of 4 or 5 games from last year on youtube.
They don't take very long to watch.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...jordan+youtube

Thanks for the link 76Texan. Dion looks like he's got really good speed and athleticism, but he also looks raw and could use another year to fill out his frame. It seems he's got a good speed rush but no moves. I hadn't looked at him since I don't consider OLB as a position of need for us next year.

Last edited by Wolf6151; 10-05-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #26
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You do realize this is Cody's last contract year?
To me it doesn't matter whether he stays or goes, we still need another NT. If for nothing else than more depth. And Fangupo, or any other UDFA, is not the answer IMO. So, I do agree with you that NT should be high on the draft priority list. How high will the Texans be looking? I don't know. But, if there is another Mike Martin type available in the mid rounds I hope they don't pass him by like they did last draft.

Also, y'all are pretty confident the Texans will get another 3rd round pick, I assume for losing Mario in FA. But, isn't that contingent on how he plays as part of the FA compensation formula?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #27
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Thanks for the link 76Texan. Dion looks like he's got really good speed and athleticism, but he also looks raw and could use another year to fill out his frame. It seems he's got a good speed rush but no moves. I hadn't looked at him since I don't consider OLB as a position of need for us next year.
He is playing at DE but has OLB written all over him.
Old 10-05-2012   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
To me it doesn't matter whether he stays or goes, we still need another NT. If for nothing else than more depth. And Fangupo, or any other UDFA, is not the answer IMO. So, I do agree with you that NT should be high on the draft priority list. How high will the Texans be looking? I don't know. But, if there is another Mike Martin type available in the mid rounds I hope they don't pass him by like they did last draft.

Also, y'all are pretty confident the Texans will get another 3rd round pick, I assume for losing Mario in FA. But, isn't that contingent on how he plays as part of the FA compensation formula?
I think if Cody re-signs we will not draft a Nose before 5th. Wade would then draft ILB high to shut down run. I too would like to have a Martin type nose.

I am not the expert on comp picks but sounds logical that Mario's play could make difference. He does have wrist injury.
I think main focus on comp picks is what you gave up in FA status versus what you get. Mario > Alan Ball/ Ryan Harris. I also think round the player was originally drafted in plays a part.
Old 10-06-2012   #29
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He is playing at DE but has OLB written all over him.
Maybe you get yourself confused after watching so many players?
He's playing everywhere, like Rey said, with hand on the dirt or without.
Also, he lined up outside, off the line to defend the pass quite a bit.
He's a versatile player, even more than Cushing (when he was at USC.)
Old 10-06-2012   #30
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think if Cody re-signs we will not draft a Nose before 5th. Wade would then draft ILB high to shut down run. I too would like to have a Martin type nose.

I am not the expert on comp picks but sounds logical that Mario's play could make difference. He does have wrist injury.
I think main focus on comp picks is what you gave up in FA status versus what you get. Mario > Alan Ball/ Ryan Harris. I also think round the player was originally drafted in plays a part.
I think there's very little chance that Cody is re-signed. With Brown and Schaub in new contracts and Barwin needing to be re-signed, that money will have to come from somewhere and a 1st round pick is cheaper and usually better than a vet. FA.
I don't know all the rules of comp. picks but I think we signed Ball and Harris for vet. minimum and that won't count against us when considering comp. picks. Also Mario's huge contract should guarantee us a 3rd round comp.. I just hope we get that 5th for Brisiel.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #31
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I am going to piggy back onto this thread. Boredom on a Saturday night leads to another Mock. I will not use a pick number due to the fact that I am adding in estimated supplemental picks. (3rd for Mario, 5th for Brisiel, and a 7th for Allen).

1st Alex Okafor DE Texas Sr 6-5 265
2nd Shayne Skov ILB Stanford Sr 6-3 242 This is a more realistic place for him
3rd Bacarri Rambo FS Georgia rSr 6-0 210
3 Sup Desmond Trufant CB Washington Sr 6-0 186
4th Joseph Randle RB Oklahoma State Jr 6-0 200
5th Anthony Rashad White DT Michigan State Sr 6-2 330
5 Sup Jonathan Bostic ILB Florida Sr 6-1 246
6th Xavier Nixon OT Florida Sr 6-5 314
7th Lucas Reed TE New Mexico rSr 6-5 250
7 sup Ryan Allen P Louisiana Tech rSr 6-2 215

Very few of these guys are going to have roster spots. This team is young and deep, so any pick after the 3rd or 4th rounds will have to play very well in order to get a roster spot.

If Barwin continues to play with no sacks, he could be in for a low ball offer and possibly be allowed to walk. Thus my 1st pick. We need ILB help and depth. With Rambo's suspension due to a failed drug test, would the Texans look at him, a lot of weight would have to be given to the interview and college coaches reviews of him. They did give Braman and Posey chances. Trufant is a solid pick in the late 3rd. And if a back like Randle is available in the 4th you jump up to hand in your card on draft day. The guys after that are just filling up training camp spots on this team.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #32
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe you get yourself confused after watching so many players?
He's playing everywhere, like Rey said, with hand on the dirt or without.
Also, he lined up outside, off the line to defend the pass quite a bit.
He's a versatile player, even more than Cushing (when he was at USC.)
I'm going to look at some of those clips when I get a chance, but so far I like what I've seen from him. Good looking athlete.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #33
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Football Outsiders show that Martin played 35 defensive snaps in the first game of the season, and ZERO since.

He also played 14 ST snaps in that game.
He totaled 14 ST snaps in the last 3 games (just 3 against the Texans.)
I've been rewatching the game (I do this pretty much every day) and notice that it was Martin that Ben Jones held (and got called for a penalty) on the play that AJ beat the CB deep with a double move.
He was wide open and could have had an easy TD, but Schaub had to throw the ball early and overshot him by a mile.

The drive stalled at the Titans 36 and we had to punt.

It goes to show that these "professional sites" can, and do make mistake from time to time.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read