Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-05-2012   #61
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Theismann says Romo “isn’t that good”

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
To be fair he has played some games with Hall of Fame quality.
Statistically he has always done well ,but he plays till december every year and shuts it down early. I notice a lot of his Hall of Fame quality plays and come backs happen because he has put himself or his team in the hole with 3rd tier bone head plays. Funny how often he gets credit for fixing problems he caused in the first place.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #62
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 34621 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Statistically he has always done well ,but he plays till december every year and shuts it down early. I notice a lot of his Hall of Fame quality plays and come backs happen because he has put himself or his team in the hole with 3rd tier bone head plays. Funny how often he gets credit for fixing problems he caused in the first place.
The Cowboys are paper thin at every position. By December, injuries take their toll and your depth really starts to show. But sure, let's blame that on Romo, too.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #63
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89407 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by paycheck71 View Post
The Cowboys are paper thin at every position. By December, injuries take their toll and your depth really starts to show. But sure, let's blame that on Romo, too.
My opinion is based off watching Romo for years. They havent always been weak at their current positions ,but Romo has always been the same hot and cold Qb. After a while, stop looking for excuses not to blame the guy and admit hes part of the problem. David Carr syndrome.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #64
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Thesiman calling someone a mediocre QB?

If there was ever a definition of pot calling the kettle black.....
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #65
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 34621 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
My opinion is based off watching Romo for years. They havent always been weak at their current positions ,but Romo has always been the same hot and cold Qb. After a while, stop looking for excuses not to blame the guy and admit hes part of the problem. David Carr syndrome.
Agree to disagree, I guess. Like I said earlier, in a long list of problems Dallas has, Romo is nowhere near the top. Could they improve on their QB? Sure, but in that case so could 20 other teams.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #66
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
On teams centered around an aerial attack, i.e. the pressure is on the QB, Moon got to the playoffs 7 times. I'm taking Moon in a heartbeat.
Moon < Pressure

I have never seen a QB look so great then turn around and fold in the clutch as much as Moon.

I was probably his biggest fan during that stretch but toward the end I started realizing what a choker (no pun intended on his domestic issues) he was.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #67
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 304149 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Moon < Pressure

I have never seen a QB look so great then turn around and fold in the clutch as much as Moon.

I was probably his biggest fan during that stretch but toward the end I started realizing what a choker (no pun intended on his domestic issues) he was.
I've always liked Moon, but this is the truth. He was not an inspirational leader. I remember him sitting alone on the bench many times, disengaged from the game, lost in thought, and certainly not firing up the troops in any way. I remember wondering if he even wanted to be there sometimes.

35-3 was a good example. He had a perfect first half, but simply failed to seal the deal in the second half. Yeah, team meltdown, and not entirely his fault, but he did make some bad mistakes along with the rest of the team in the second half of that game. I can't imagine guys like Montana, Aikman, Elway, Marino, Young, giving up a 33 point lead in less than one half of a playoff game.
Old 10-05-2012   #68
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 306641 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Moon < Pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I've always liked Moon, but this is the truth. He was not an inspirational leader. I remember him sitting alone on the bench many times, disengaged from the game, lost in thought, and certainly not firing up the troops in any way. I remember wondering if he even wanted to be there sometimes.
I hear you guys and know you watched him a lot more than me. Just as a counter example though, look at Manning. Other than the one SB win he is 5-10 in the playoffs. He was definitely developing a choker label until winning the SB in his 7th try. I doubt he wins another SB and in the end he will go down as an all time great whose results didn't end up matching his overall play. At the end of the day, you can't choke in the playoffs unless you get to the playoffs.
Old 10-05-2012   #69
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 304149 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I see what you're saying, but Moon never won more than one playoff game in a season, and never made it to a conference championship game. That Oilers team went to the playoffs seven seasons in a row, was loaded with talent, but could never do much once they got there.

"He also holds the postseason mark with 16 career fumbles – in just 10 games. During a divisional playoff against Kansas City on Jan. 16, 1994, he fumbled a mind-boggling and record-setting five times." Source

His playoff record (3-7) is closer to Dan Fouts (3-4) than anyone else. At least Fouts went to two conference championship games.

Last edited by Double Barrel; 10-05-2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: fixed grammar
Double Barrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #70
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 306641 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Heck I was at that damn KC playoff game - I guess I had blocked out all the fumbles.
Old 10-05-2012   #71
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: Theismann says Romo “isn’t that good”

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
when he scrambles and is in "hero ball" mode bad things can happen because he starts flicking it around.
That's how Joe Theismann played in the CFL

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read