Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2012   #21
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 5 Texans vs Jets Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
We are screwed....
Yep, I did some thorough analysis and we are inferior at QB:

TEAM First Name Last Name Overall Speed Awareness Throw Power Deep Accuracy

Texans Matt Schaub 89 62 88 88 78
Jets Mark Sanchez 80 69 74 88 71
Jets Tim Tebow 77 81 78 87 80
Texans T.J. Yates 74 61 67 86 76
Jets Greg McElroy 66 64 57 78 67

Texans John Beck 70 65 74 77 55
Texans Case Keenum 64 70 53 81 59

I included the last 2 names because these guys aren't playing for the Texans so I have to leave them out of my analysis. Going deep inside the numbers:

Overall Texans QB: 163
Overall Jets QB: 223

I don't really feel like running the other numbers because that's all I need to show right there, the Jets QB's have a MUCH higher overall skill score than the Texans. If we had kept Beck I'd give us the nod on QB's but I think Em Diggy was actually being a little hard on the Jets and just called it even between the Jets and Texans even when it's obvious the Jets QB's are overall MUCH better.

Also, for anyone questioning Tebow's accuracy on long passes, I'd like to point out he scored an 80 on deep passing so I look for Tebow to be really stretching the field with his pin-point passing game all day long based on what I'm seeing here. I also just want to point out that I have played the game before (3rd string fullback freshman and sophomore years and sometimes kickoff team) so I know what I'm talking about.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #22
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114151 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post

“Sooner or later you are going to realize, just as I did, that there is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.”
Aaaah... a properly employed Matrix reference...

Repped
Old 10-05-2012   #23
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we know where he gets his name, he gets in a hole and just keeps on digging... No wonder this guy is on Youtube.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #24
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
. I'm not going to give him the web hit.
Me either .... and outside of the comic factor ... I dunno why anyone would (well , maybe just to be nice but I aint often accused of that).

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #25
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2679 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

I give up watching this guys videos... Each week he says something dumber then the last week..

Sanchez over Matt?? You lose all credibility there. Their secondary is as good as ours? They lost their top 2 CB and we still have ours in Joseph.

I'm surprised he didn't give them the advantage at WR because Stephen Hill has more potential then Andre Johnson
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #26
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
I give up watching this guys videos... Each week he says something dumber then the last week..

Sanchez over Matt?? You lose all credibility there. Their secondary is as good as ours? They lost their top 2 CB and we still have ours in Joseph.

I'm surprised he didn't give them the advantage at WR because Stephen Hill has more potential then Andre Johnson
Yeah, I've stopped watching already. And after this, I'll stop clicking on his thread. Matter of fact, think I'm gonna put him on ignore.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #27
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Em thanks for video.

I disagree with our QB and other positions` evaluation. I couldn't agree on RB position for last couple weeks and now QB and other D positions. Perhaps, Jets' QBs may have potential to be good in their indefinite NFL future. But, when you pick an effectiveness as QB for each team, I pick Matt over those two any day. Matt fits great in our scheme. He is accurate, his play action is so good that sometime fool TV camera guys not to mention opponent's D. He may not have a strongest arm but strong enough to throw long if necessary. I thought Sanchez would grow to be a good NFL QB after seen his rookie yr performance. But since his rookie yr, I don't think he hasn't developed as expected. Tebow is Tebow. He is good Uni QB but a big question mark as NFL QB to me. So yeah, I take Matt over these two any day.

Go Texans!!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #28
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

I think we know where he gets his name, he gets in a hole and just keeps on digging... No wonder this guy is on Youtube.
Cool part is that I'm on YouTube because I own everything I do.. Make a living as a small business owner. I am in charge of me. Hope you reach the same standard of personal success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Me either .... and outside of the comic factor ... I dunno why anyone would (well , maybe just to be nice but I aint often accused of that).
You must live a miserable life Corrosion...don't worry, hopefully you can find happiness in the next 44 years. Here's an eFlower for you.
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #29
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN View Post
Em thanks for video.

I disagree with our QB and other positions` evaluation. I couldn't agree on RB position for last couple weeks and now QB and other D positions. Perhaps, Jets' QBs may have potential to be good in their indefinite NFL future. But, when you pick an effectiveness as QB for each team, I pick Matt over those two any day. Matt fits great in our scheme. He is accurate, his play action is so good that sometime fool TV camera guys not to mention opponent's D. He may not have a strongest arm but strong enough to throw long if necessary. I thought Sanchez would grow to be a good NFL QB after seen his rookie yr performance. But since his rookie yr, I don't think he hasn't developed as expected. Tebow is Tebow. He is good Uni QB but a big question mark as NFL QB to me. So yeah, I take Matt over these two any day.

Go Texans!!!

Thanks Samurai! People give both QBs flack but they have the WORST skill positions in the league.. Even Matt Cassell, who's the worst starting QB in the league imho, has better weapons at his disposal. Tough situation to be in if you're a Jets QB
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #30
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144460 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
Cool part is that I'm on YouTube because I own everything I do.. Make a living as a small business owner. I am in charge of me. Hope you reach the same standard of personal success.

You must live a miserable life Corrosion...don't worry, hopefully you can find happiness in the next 44 years. Here's an eFlower for you.
Not hardly .... It should almost be almost criminal to live such a happy life.

44 and retired over a decade.

I get to stay home and take care of my kids , make sure they are on the right path in life.

Had the ability to take care of my grandmother for the last 15 years until her recent passing.

Three wonderful kids .... all making straight A's.

A big (o)(o) wife 11 years my junior who supports me in anything and everything .... yes she's crazy.

Dont owe anyone a cent.

Hey man , I hope you can reach the same standard of personal success some day.

Old 10-06-2012   #31
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53447 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm starting to wonder if it's part of his plan to say things that intentionally gooses a certain fan base while putting inflated praise on others to cater to the most clicks
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #32
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
I'm starting to wonder if it's part of his plan to say things that intentionally gooses a certain fan base while putting inflated praise on others to cater to the most clicks
You make a good point ....

For me , he wants to be a professional yet isnt professional in his approach - No use of statistical analysis. I cant take that seriously.

If you want to be a professional , you have to do the complete job , not half of it. Anyone can give an opinion , those who take their craft seriously can back up that opinion with more than just a statement of "skillset."

EM ... take thatas constructive criticism not as a dig at you personally.

(You see what I did there ?! )

Old 10-06-2012   #33
EVOLVIST
Kid A

Rep Power: 24813 EVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respectedEVOLVIST is a quality contributor and well respected

I've known of Diggy for a while now, back on the old Texans' board - back when the highlight of his video was watching him try to turn on a microphone in the trailer to his predictions. Haha! Good times.

But remember ladies and germs, like all of us these are only opinions, except in Diggy's case he puts through the time, the effort, the research and the money to put a homegrown product out there. Why? Because he loves the game. Any other motives he has, like the number of clicks or what-have-you, is secondary to how he started off.

I'm just saying: give the guy a break a little, okay? I don't agree with everything he says; just like I don't agree with a lot of mindless homerism, either. Just take it for what it is. His vids should be fun...and they are.
EVOLVIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #34
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Y'all also are forgetting they have Greg McElroy at 3rd string QB who won a national championship with Alabama and had a high Wonderlic score. We don't even have a 3rd QB now that we released Beck. So not only do they have 2 QB's who have NFL playoff expereience they also have championships in college PLUS they have MORE QB's. So it's easy to see that the Jets are at worst even at the QB position and probably better. I'll have to check the Madden ratings to make sure but I'm pretty sure the overall skills will heavily favor the Jets.
I don't know, 'cuz I heard Shwaubie can play a mean game a golf.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #35
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLVIST View Post
I've known of Diggy for a while now, back on the old Texans' board - back when the highlight of his video was watching him try to turn on a microphone in the trailer to his predictions. Haha! Good times.

But remember ladies and germs, like all of us these are only opinions, except in Diggy's case he puts through the time, the effort, the research and the money to put a homegrown product out there. Why? Because he loves the game. Any other motives he has, like the number of clicks or what-have-you, is secondary to how he started off.

I'm just saying: give the guy a break a little, okay? I don't agree with everything he says; just like I don't agree with a lot of mindless homerism, either. Just take it for what it is. His vids should be fun...and they are.
You were Ok until you added the bold ....

Old 10-06-2012   #36
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't remember exactly where I read this, but someone was giving the typical "the Jets will win IF" and "the Texans will win IF" breakdown. The former included a whole laundry list. The latter: "If their plane lands."
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #37
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114151 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I don't remember exactly where I read this, but someone was giving the typical "the Jets will win IF" and "the Texans will win IF" breakdown. The former included a whole laundry list. The latter: "If their plane lands."
That should read, if they show up and play the game.
the plane could land and the bus driver not take them to the stadium... Those Jets fans are reeeeally desperate... they may highjack the bus
Old 10-06-2012   #38
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Again, Emory is not trying to be provocative. I think he believes what he says. And he does research through tape if not statistical analysis. Personally, I think some of both are necessary to see the big picture, but to each his own.
Old 10-06-2012   #39
ObsiWan
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Again, Emory is not trying to be provocative. I think he believes what he says. And he does research through tape if not statistical analysis. Personally, I think some of both are necessary to see the big picture, but to each his own.
Just because I disagree with some of the assessments doesn't mean I won't check them out. If I did that - let differences in opinion affect me - I'd have to stop coming in here.
Old 10-06-2012   #40
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post

I read a good amount of football articles, scouting sites, mock draft stuff, and I have never seen anyone with a top 10 QB list rate Sanchez above Schaub. It's nearly universally accepted now that Sanchez might be replaced this year due to his poor play, and nobody is really confident in Tebow enough to say he deserves the starting job. Long term, I expect the Jets to be drafting a first round QB within the next two years and probably after cleaning house. Sanchez is clearly a below average QB in the NFL and has a 72 career QB rating to show for it.

To say that the QB position between these two teams is a push is ludicrous. You might possibly be the only person on the internet (outside of NYC and Gainsville) who seems to think they are evenly matched. We're talking about a 35 point QB rating difference between the starters alone, and you think that's a push. Thanks for the laughs.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read