Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2012   #41
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 292438 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Intresting stuff about the Texans in this power rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Well, yes and no. Sometimes, a team can't get over the hump - or are stuck in the middle - and need a coaching change. Chicago comes to mind as a team that, if they don't hit certain goals this year, I could see making a coaching change.
True, but like I mentioned, most teams are in dire straights. Just look at the new head coaches this year alone:

Jeff Fisher, St. Louis Rams
Greg Schiano, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Joe Philbin, Miami Dolphins
Romeo Crennel, Kansas City Chiefs
Chuck Pagano, Indianapolis Colts
Mike Mularkey, Jacksonville Jaguars
Dennis Allen, Oakland Raiders

That's 7 for 7 of teams that were craptacular and in need of much more than just a head coaching change.

You're right, though, in that an existing team with talent could try to make a head coaching change for an attitude adjustment. The question is, then, does Wade strike you as a HC that would do it at this point in time? I can see both sides, but with his age and health questions, it seems like the deck is stacked against him right now.
Old 10-04-2012   #42
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, yes and no. Sometimes, a team can't get over the hump - or are stuck in the middle - and need a coaching change. Chicago comes to mind as a team that, if they don't hit certain goals this year, I could see making a coaching change.
That's what happened with Tampa Bay back when they won the super bowl. Same with San Diego after they went 14-2

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'm calling it now. If we get to the Super Bowl, Wade will be the HC of the Jets in 2013.

I'm betting the F.O. asked Wade to stay, because we have a real opportunity to get to the big dance. Then, he'll be looked at for a much more prestigious gig..... NYJets, NYGiants (Coughlin may elect to retire), Chicago, Philly (he'd love that one I'm sure)
Old 10-04-2012   #44
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I'm calling it now. If we get to the Super Bowl, Wade will be the HC of the Jets in 2013.

I'm betting the F.O. asked Wade to stay, because we have a real opportunity to get to the big dance. Then, he'll be looked at for a much more prestigious gig..... NYJets, NYGiants (Coughlin may elect to retire), Chicago, Philly (he'd love that one I'm sure)
The owner of the Jets is way too much of a flake to make this call. Yes, NYC is a major market, but, as I said upthread, Chicago would be a much more appealing job, all things considered.

Chicago, San Diego, Cincinatti and Philadelphia should all be open next year.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #45
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
as the head coach of the Texans...?

Not as long as Kubiak wants the job .... He'd have to retire after a to open the door.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #46
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Chicago, San Diego, Cincinatti and Philadelphia should all be open next year.
Four playoff teams firing head coaches ?!

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #47
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Four playoff teams firing head coaches ?!
Like I said: if some of those teams don't hit their goals, they may decide that a coaching change might get them where they need to go. Philly, in particular, has to win the Super Bowl for Andy Reid to keep his job, in my opinion.

And San Diego has underachieved for the last few years. They definitely need a change.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read