Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2012   #101
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What Jets Fans Saying About The Upcoming Game (I Agree With Them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Matt Schaub, and his Prothean lookin'-ass (Mass Effect reference), is the
reason this team will not lay an egg in Prime Time. This man watched
T.J. Yates clinch the Texans' first division championship, first playoff win,
and fight within a toenail of making the AFC Title Game.

He then listened to an offseason of people wondering if Yates should start
over him. Well, he's definitely locked in from what I can tell over these
first four games. His demeanor is that of an axe murderer, even when
the team is up 24 points. They ain't comin' out flat Monday Night.

Texans will FORCE ESPN to swallow crow raw, whole, with feathers and
claws, and like it. Time to show the league who the best team in the
NFL is.
All the more reason for Ryan to send his assassins after Schaub and damn the penalties and fines.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #102
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 270486 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

Where does he get those wonderful picts??

ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #103
BlueSteel
Veteran

Rep Power: 151 BlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respectedBlueSteel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
u know what scares me tho recently what are we 0-3 verses the jets and we are playing in metlife there house IDK
Our current roster is 0-0 against their current roster. Just a thought.
Old 10-04-2012   #104
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Damn Dex, that was like Barry White, a bottle of wine, and my lady on a Saturday night and the kids are away at Grandma's.

Dim the lights....

What, you drunk, randy and making a scene?
Old 10-04-2012   #105
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

NFL is.
Love that positive attitude Dex! Tried to rep ya but I guess I have to spread it around more.

Are you a car salesman?
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #106
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

NFL is.
I agree with most of this. I disagree, however, that beating the Jets in PrimeTime will show the league who the best team in the NFL is. The headlines will mostly be how bad the Jets are.

Now, beating the Ravens and Packers....
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #107
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294021 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

jets/giants are in NY, along with most of the major studios and large audiences. Houston, as we are painfully aware of, is not a major TV ratings market for sports.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #108
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 380289 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I just don't see Ryan letting his guys get beat down - on the MNF national stage - like they did last Sunday. This COULD be a war. If you think Denver went after Schaub, I fear you ain't seen nothin' yet.
This certainly could turn into a fight. I will point out the Jets have not been getting good QB pressure. They are 29th in the league with 5 sacks.
Old 10-04-2012   #109
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
This certainly could turn into a fight. I will point out the Jets have not been getting good QB pressure. They are 29th in the league with 5 sacks.
They screwed the pooch by not drafting Ingram with their first round pick. They were excited when Coples looked good in the preseason and not he's barely seeing the field. He has Marioitis....... Just doesn't play with a high motor.

The problem that they tried to go to a hybrid 4-3/3-4 and then brought Maybin back hoping he'd build on his surprising average year last year just makes things worse. Pace is their best pass rusher and his better days are behind them. They have to do so much blitzing just to get pressure which will make it even harder now with Revis out because they can't just play man coverage all of the time now.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #110
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
All the more reason for Ryan to send his assassins after Schaub and damn the penalties and fines.
I ain't too worried about that. Kubiak and company have had six full seasons
of practice against punk-ass cheap-shot play, four games a year against
Del-Rio and Fisher-led teams.

Rex Ryan is no where near as filthy as those two guys are, and that's
saying a lot. This will be a rout, as Monday Night Games turn out to be. The
good games are always on Sunday Night, because the matchups feature teams
from the previous year's playoffs.
Old 10-04-2012   #111
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
u know what scares me tho recently what are we 0-3 verses the jets and we are playing in metlife there house IDK
That's ridiculous Norg.

Last year was our first time in the Play-offs. We'd never done that before. We'd never been 3-0. We'd never been 4-0. We'd never had a defense this good. Forget play-off appearances...We actually won our first play-off game ever as a franchise...

We've never had a team this good before.

Norg, if you are going to get nervous every time we are faced with a "first" type of challenge then you might want to invest heavily in some pepto and passion flower.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #112
JVL713
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 JVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respectedJVL713 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not going to get cocky. Playing hard and with a chip on the shoulder is what has gotten us to where we are today, the players seem to understand that as well.
JVL713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #113
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Well all i have to do is go back to last year when we were clearly the better team against the Indianapolis Colts and we played on Thursday Night Football and lost to them. The stage on a night game is set at a higher level and teams will come out to play. If our staff is reminding our team of that time, this team will be focused and ready.

Now going off what Rey said about "firsts", if we wanna be a Super Bowl Champion there are alot of first that we are going to have to accomplish. Beating NYJ will be a first I'd like to see get done.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #114
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135003 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright, here's a reason for Jets fans to cheer!

Old 10-04-2012   #115
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Well all i have to do is go back to last year when we were clearly the better team against the Indianapolis Colts and we played on Thursday Night Football and lost to them. The stage on a night game is set at a higher level and teams will come out to play. If our staff is reminding our team of that time, this team will be focused and ready.

Now going off what Rey said about "firsts", if we wanna be a Super Bowl Champion there are alot of first that we are going to have to accomplish. Beating NYJ will be a first I'd like to see get done.
After clenching a playoff spot, I considered all the remaining games pre-season games used to try to teach TJ different things to prepare him for the post-season. Losing that Thursday Night game meant nothing to me.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #116
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 286048 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I just don't see Ryan letting his guys get beat down - on the MNF national stage - like they did last Sunday. This COULD be a war. If you think Denver went after Schaub, I fear you ain't seen nothin' yet.
This is why I don't think Ryan is a good coach. I don't think he has any say in the beat down his team is going to take. He's good, when everything is new, or when they are winning. But I don't think he's the kind of guy you need when things are falling apart. He's not the keep it together type, or the build it type.
Old 10-04-2012   #117
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
What, you drunk, randy and making a scene?
Old 10-04-2012   #118
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
This is why I don't think Ryan is a good coach. I don't think he has any say in the beat down his team is going to take. He's good, when everything is new, or when they are winning. But I don't think he's the kind of guy you need when things are falling apart. He's not the keep it together type, or the build it type.
He's a defensive coordinator.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #119
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
He's a defensive coordinator.
And a very good one at that. His personnel isn't that great there right now though.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012   #120
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I LOL'd at this exchange about circumstances in which the Texans have never won:

Quote:
FWIW: "... And in prime time. The Texans have never won away from home at night..."
And the response:

Quote:
What about when there's a full moon, it's less than 69 degrees, tebow is blowing a goat in the locker room and there are 3 wolves howling in the parking lot???

hate these type of stats

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read