Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-02-2012   #121
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario not so super so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
I'm watching the 1st game (Bills/Jets) :

Mario is trying bull rush moves vs the Jets Ts. Every time he notices it DOESN'T work, he'd literally stop going. "**** it, I can't beat him". Stops fighting once his "move" didn't work. He beat #77 Austin Howard once, late in the 1st half.
I watched a highlight of the Patriots massacre, there was one play where the Pats ran away from him and he was disengaged from his blocker. Instead of hussling and trailing the play (you never know what can happen, fumble, anything) like "Big Earl" did with Kendall Wright.. He literally stood straight up, turned around, and just watched the RB run into the endzone. Mario Williams' motor sucks, there's a LOT of quit in that guy. Frankly I'm glad he's gone. I'd hate to see how he would've played here with a 100 million dollar contract.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #122
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I watched a highlight of the Patriots massacre, there was one play where the Pats ran away from him and he was disengaged from his blocker. Instead of hussling and trailing the play (you never know what can happen, fumble, anything) like "Big Earl" did with Kendall Wright.. He literally stood straight up, turned around, and just watched the RB run into the endzone. Mario Williams' motor sucks, there's a LOT of quit in that guy. Frankly I'm glad he's gone. I'd hate to see how he would've played here with a 100 million dollar contract.
On the first drive vs. NYJ, he was stopping (like you said) and stood there like "nah, they got it".
Old 10-02-2012   #123
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Check this thread out..

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showt...ht-to-be-angry

Bills fans ain't happy, they want a refund. After the 35-3 "Choke job" they deserve every misfortune that comes their team's way.
Old 10-02-2012   #124
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Mario was more...active I'll say, in the games vs. KC and CLE. Had a few pressures. Nothing that would WOW you, but doing much more than the NYJ game. When it's available to me, I'll check the NE game.

EDIT: His sack vs. CLE, he got a good jump off the snap and basically went around the RT...kind of alluding to what folks were saying in this thread. Another thing...on that same drive, TE Ben Watson (smh) stonewalled Mario. That hurt to watch. Watson ain't even a good blocker.
Old 10-03-2012   #125
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Mario was more...active I'll say, in the games vs. KC and CLE. Had a few pressures. Nothing that would WOW you, but doing much more than the NYJ game. When it's available to me, I'll check the NE game.

EDIT: His sack vs. CLE, he got a good jump off the snap and basically went around the RT...kind of alluding to what folks were saying in this thread. Another thing...on that same drive, TE Ben Watson (smh) stonewalled Mario. That hurt to watch. Watson ain't even a good blocker.

Unfortunate, Mario's only move to date has remained simply trying to run around the outside of the D. He has not seemed to effectively add any other moves in all his years in the league. And now with money in hand........he doesn't need to.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #126
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Unfortunate, Mario's only move to date has remained simply trying to run around the outside of the D. He has not seemed to effectively add any other moves in all his years in the league. And now with money in hand........he doesn't need to.
You forgot his dreaded "steer rush" move.
Old 10-03-2012   #127
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Jethro Franklin tried to motivate MW to learn new pass rush moves and make him go all out every play he was on the field.

Result: Franklin got fired. MW is a certified coach killer, how many DL coaches were here during MW time here? 3-4? That says something.

But, you continue on Fiddler/TK, you can throw up hypotheticals all you want. But the film doesn't lie.

A reincarnation of Vince Lombardi couldn't motivate MW into being the player he could be.

Last edited by steelbtexan; 10-03-2012 at 10:41 AM.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #128
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
Honestly, serves them right. I may be holding a petty grudge, but I remember when he signed with Buffalo it wasn't enough for their fans to be excited for the signing.

Even their own GM took one. I remember (either at a press conference or a radio interview) he mentioned how they'd use him where he "belongs," and never have him drop back in coverage (as if we used him almost extensively in coverage).

Mario isn't the only one to blame for this, I'm pretty sure Dave Wannstedt has a lot more to do with why they're struggling defensively, but it's still nice to see Bills fans complain after they dogged on Houston so much after getting Mario.
Which is ironic because after 4 games this season he as the same number of PD's as he did last year in about 4 1/2 games.

Buffalo is a FAIL on so many levels.
Old 10-04-2012   #129
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
But, you continue on Fiddler/TK, you can throw up hypotheticals all you want. But the film doesn't lie.
The "film" is subjective. Just like they're saying Arian makes it look effortless, but you see the 1600 rushing yards & you gotta give him his props. Mario may not "Look" like Jj Watt or Jared Allen, but he got results.
Old 10-04-2012   #130
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 87056 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
The "film" is subjective. Just like they're saying Arian makes it look effortless, but you see the 1600 rushing yards & you gotta give him his props. Mario may not "Look" like Jj Watt or Jared Allen, but he got results.

Reminds me a lot of the idiocy one of our posters displayed defending Travis Johnson while he was here.

What a fool he was. (me)

Funny how people will sift through our past games to find one where MW made a play.

It is an exercise in futility to even try to compare MW to Watt.

Old 10-04-2012   #131
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Did anyone catch the "Off The Mark" segment with Mark Schlereth on NFL Live yesterday?

He slammed Mario hard. Basically showed a bunch of play where Mario was getting dominated, including one where he couldn't even get past a TE. Mark asked what $100 million gets you. His answer? BLOCKED!! lol!
Old 10-04-2012   #132
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 379526 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Did anyone catch the "Off The Mark" segment with Mark Schlereth on NFL Live yesterday?
Stink is about as honest/straightforward as you can get.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #133
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Stink is about as honest/straightforward as you can get.
In that same segment, Mark also slammed Titan Leroy Harris for his remarks about JJ Watt. He did a little math and said that game times 16 would be 32 sacks for a season. His attitude about Harris was that he was basically a dumbass for saying anything about Watt when he was clearing being dominated by JJ.
Old 10-04-2012   #134
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Reading the Bills MB is funny. Now they're going around comparing MW's first 4 games to Julius Peppers' first 4 games in Chicago and are using that as proof that MW is going to be a bad ass like Peppers. Those poor, poor people.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #135
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 23870 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kinda weird watching this pan out, I'd excused the lesser performances from Mario all this time and I think a lot of people round here, myself included, made up excuses for him that weren't really there.

Hurts a bit to suddenly see it from an outside perspective and come to the realisation that this guy simply isn't putting the effort in, whether that be in training, on the field, in the film room, he's allowing his natural skills to just about get him by and not doing anything more than necessary.

Doubtless he'll have the odd big game here and there, especially on primetime, that will make his numbers look respectable for the season, but this guy should be up there with the likes of Peppers in sack numbers year in year out and isn't.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #136
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

In all honesty, it looks to me like that defensive coaching staff is not very good. They have some decently talented defensive guys on that roster and should be much better than they are.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #137
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Eventually, Mario will dominate in one game (that the Bills would have won anyway against a bad team), get 4 sacks to total like 6 on the year....and then have a season ending injury...

THAT is Mario Williams.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #138
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 23870 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
In all honesty, it looks to me like that defensive coaching staff is not very good. They have some decently talented defensive guys on that roster and should be much better than they are.
I do kind of see that side of the story. You could certainly say that was his reason for never dominating here either, he never got a decent DC to make use of him until his last 5 1/2 games in Houston.

I'll never ever think any less of a guy in his position taking the most money available to him in a short career, but he had the option to stay with the right DC for him OR he could have gone somewhere with another good DC and chose not to. Maybe his breakout last season was simply him playing for his fat contract. We may never find out.

Still I'd prefer to see him come good than carry on like this.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #139
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Dave Wannstedt has always coached good to excellent defenses...he has a long resume of quality defensive production although he makes a miserable head coach.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #140
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I was in the "let Mario walk" crowd and it's pretty much playing out like most of us suspected. Texans D chugs on, Mario struggles in Buffalo.

Really I thought it was crazy for anyone who has been paying attention to his on the field play to throw him that kind of cash. However, I knew someone would, thankfully it was Buffalo, whom I still hold a grudge against. So it worked out well.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read