Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-04-2012   #81
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Cut...Beck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Namath, Dryer, Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris.......all vegetarian. However, an example of a true vegan is Jon Fitch, who at age 34 at is the #5 MMA welterweight competitor in the world, with only 4 losses to his name. In an episode of Myth Busters which some of you may have caught, the team wanted to test whether a person could punch their way out of a coffin. For his part, Fitch laid on his back and punched up into a sensor. With only 3 inches of before contact, sensors measured Fitch’s punch at 1,450 pounds of force. In other words, it would be preferable to get hit in the face with a sledgehammer which would generate 1000 pounds of force.
http://www.greatveganathletes.com/node?page=5

From this, we can see that FB Fiametta and basketball player John Salley are confirmed as Vegans.

There are several big men on that list, including several power lifters, a couple of wrestlers, a MMA fighter, and Germany's strongest man Patrik Baboumian.

76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #82
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
http://www.greatveganathletes.com/node?page=5

From this, we can see that FB Fiametta and basketball player John Salley are confirmed as Vegans.

There are several big men on that list, including several power lifters, a couple of wrestlers, a MMA fighter, and Germany's strongest man Patrik Baboumian.

You don't need to convince me. I've seen many vegan athletes excel to high levels. As I've stated in the past, athletes like Arian can do very well, paying attention to some very basic principles. My post on Namath et al. was more for accuracy.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #83
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You don't need to convince me. I've seen many vegan athletes excel to high levels. As I've stated in the past, athletes like Arian can do very well, paying attention to some very basic principles. My post on Namath et al. was more for accuracy.
Exactly why I brought up the distinction.

Lots of people confuse the two or at least, think they're the same thing.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #84
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
This stat is telling. Both of our backs have dropped in production this year, most likely due to either defenses keying in on it (allowing our air attack to flourish in the first 4 games) or because our two new starters still need time to either develop or gel with the rest of the line.

It's strange to take the two changes: change in offensive line and change in Arian's diet, along with the statistical evidence of the ENTIRE running attack struggling, and point to Arian's diet as the reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
We're not being creative with our running plays at all. It seems like we're running 95% stretch plays and the other 5% is a power run on 3rd down and 1. I want to see more pitches, draws, counters, something. Our running game hasn't looked this bad since 2009 and you can't use the same recipes you used when you had road graders like Winston and Brisiel.
It looks like a combination of all these thiings, except for the concern about Caldwell, Jones, or Newton.

I have watched each play very closely (with the help of the endzone view from the coach tapes - through NFL Game Rewind), and there were more poor plays to the left side (plays that resulted in a loss of yardage or no to little gain).

Overall, all the guys had their share of subpar plays (all the O-linemen, and also Casey at FB.)
OD and Graham, on the other hand, performed quite well.
From what I can gather, Wade Smith probably allowed the most penetration (but he's been good on pass blocking.)
The combination of Caldwell and Jones might exceed that, but did not result in more "poor" plays.

On top of that, neither Foster nor Tate had exploded for a long one yet.

Last year, Foster had run of 43, 42, 30, 28, 27 and 22 (in the regular season)
This year, his longest was 22.

The same goes to Tate.

Another 20 yards would have brought Foster's average from 3.7 up to 3.9
Old 10-04-2012   #85
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Oh no, I was not trying to convince you, Doc.
You know more about these things than most of us.
I was using your post as complimentary (and vice versa).

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read