Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-11-2005   #41
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhcougar08
I prefer to keep Pitts at LT next year, draft a OT and put him at RT till he adjust to the NFL, and also draft a Guard, then play with that.
As long as we dont use the first pick for them. That should be reserved for Reggie Bush and no one else. They use the 2nd round and both 3rd rounders on linemen if necessary, but somewhere they need a high quality TE...
Old 11-11-2005   #42
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

It's the big question in the draft. Do you plug your holes, or do you go for the best talent? Drafting Bush would signify that we are looking at talent alone at the risk of not plugging our holes (offensive line, tight end, safety). IMO, they should plug these. Having Bush would be great, but he doesn't fill our voids.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005   #43
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso
It's the big question in the draft. Do you plug your holes, or do you go for the best talent? Drafting Bush would signify that we are looking at talent alone at the risk of not plugging our holes (offensive line, tight end, safety). IMO, they should plug these. Having Bush would be great, but he doesn't fill our voids.
How can you say he doesnt fill our voids? That is totally wrong, IMHO. We need a high caliber running back and with the draft so deep in quality linemen, we can pick em up in the later rounds. OUR linemen are coming togeather slowly but surely. If they stay togeather for 3 years they may be one of the best in the leauge, they are certainly the highest paid....
But you don't ever pass on talent like Bush. That would be ignorant....
Old 11-11-2005   #44
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
How can you say he doesnt fill our voids? That is totally wrong, IMHO. We need a high caliber running back and with the draft so deep in quality linemen, we can pick em up in the later rounds. OUR linemen are coming togeather slowly but surely. If they stay togeather for 3 years they may be one of the best in the leauge, they are certainly the highest paid....
But you don't ever pass on talent like Bush. That would be ignorant....
The role of 1000-yd rusher has already been taken by DD. Look, I have posted before that I don't think DD is the be all, end all answer to the RB equation. And I will admit to having thought before that having Reggie in our lineup would be really awesome. I hate to say it, but DD is our best offensive weapon. He would play well just about anywhere. IMO, if we have a position that is filled, that would be running back. But since day 1 our problem has been the line, and nothing has every been done to fix that problem that has worked successfully. If you could get Bush and Ferguson/Winston in the same draft, then I would say go for it. But if it came down to one or the other, I'd say go with the linesman.

Also, I completely disagree with you that the line is coming together. It is falling apart. They are bringing back Riley. They are moving Brown again. I will let somebody else provide the stats, but I know the line is worse than last year, and I am pretty sure it is probably the worst we've ever had, with maybe the exception of our first year. This is a problem. It is getting worse. It has to be addressed.

What I would have liked to have seen is a few of these teams like Miami and Kansas City who have two high calibre backs lining up. How does this affect the game? Unfortunately, UT is not cooperating. Priest is out, and Ricky is, well, Ricky. How would having Bush and DD lining up in the backfield affected our passing game? I guess we'll have to wait till next year to find out...
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read