Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-03-2012   #1
Mr. WhoDat
Rookie

Default Intresting stuff about the Texans in this power rankings

http://www.sptalk.net/?p=1142

Looks like our Texans are number one in this poll too... but they have a bold prediction saying that Wade will probably get another chance at a head coaching job.
Mr. WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #2
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Intresting stuff about the Texans in this power rankings

For a team looking for a short term fix or boost it wouldn't surprise me one bit. I'd love to see him retire as the Texans' DC, but I don't think it's likely.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #3
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Oldest head coach to win an NFL championship: George Halas was 68 in 1963.

Oldest head coach to win a Super Bowl: Dick Vermeil was 63 in 1999.

Oldest man to head coach an NFL team: Marv Levy tied with George Halas at 72.

Can't find a stat on the oldest head coach ever HIRED by an NFL team.

Uncle Wade will be 66 years old when training camp starts next summer.

I don't see him being a head coach again, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: Looks like Dick LeBeau was the oldest rookie NFL head coach ever hired --- he was 63. Joe Gibbs was also 63 when he was RE-HIRED by the Redskins in 2004.

2nd EDIT: Tom Coughlin broke Dick Vermeil's record earlier this year, winning a Super Bowl at 65.

Last edited by TexansFanatic; 10-03-2012 at 10:52 AM.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #4
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Oldest head coach to win an NFL championship: George Halas was 68 in 1963.

Oldest head coach to win a Super Bowl: Dick Vermeil was 63 in 1999.

Oldest man to head coach an NFL team: Marv Levy tied with George Halas at 72.

Can't find a stat on the oldest head coach ever HIRED by an NFL team.

Uncle Wade will be 66 years old when training camp starts next summer.

I don't see him being a head coach again, but I could be wrong.
I think some of your info. is out of date. Coughlin was 65 when he won the Super Bowl this past January (edit - should be February).
Old 10-03-2012   #5
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74785 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I honestly think Wade is happy right now. He is the highest paid DC in the league, coaching in his home city where his family is on a peddistool and gets to be around his dad who is up there in age.
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #6
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
I think some of your info. is out of date. Coughlin was 65 when he won the Super Bowl this past January (edit - should be February).
Quite right. Thanks.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #7
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 82854 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, Wade will end up as HC of the cowgirls again, after they fire Garrett following their next loss.

michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-03-2012   #8
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Live in the NOW maaaaaaaaan.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #9
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Who would replace Wade? If he replaced with another good DC it should not matter.
Old 10-03-2012   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 270038 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Who would replace Wade? If he replaced with another good DC it should not matter.
C'mon, let's not act like just any good ol' DC would do.

But I don't think Wade is going anywhere. He had a chance to interview for the Bucs and turned it down.
Old 10-03-2012   #11
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll worry about Wade's chances of getting another HC gig after the season.

If I was him at this point.... why would I though?

He's the highest paid DC in the league (rightfully so) and has pretty much the same latitude as a HC here.

In Houston he's much more revered than the HC.

I think Him and Kubiak are in position to be in a very good symbiotic relationship and could very well win a championship or two.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #12
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

His age will no doubt be a factor in any teams hiring him which is why I said it would have to be a team looking for a quick fix. Like it or not Wade's regular season record as a head coach is pretty good. For a team like the Browns who really need to revive their fan base I think Wade would be a great hire. Again, I hope this doesn't happen but he's made it known he'd like to be a HC again.

The good thing is the Browns position is the only one I could see being a viable opportunity after this year. If the Chiefs continue to struggle then they'll likely go a different route than what they have in Crennel. The rest of the teams that are likely to struggle have young QBs or new coaches so I don't anticipate many openings. The Chargers, Chiefs, Eagles, Browns, Bills, Cowboys, Titans, and Lions because of their lack of discipline are the main teams that come to mind. I don't see him as a fit anywhere but Cleveland. The longer it takes for him to get a job the better.
Old 10-03-2012   #13
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post

But I don't think Wade is going anywhere. He had a chance to interview for the Bucs and turned it down.
It does matter who the next DC is. You want someone with a good track record. I see Wade staying.
Old 10-03-2012   #14
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. WhoDat View Post
http://www.sptalk.net/?p=1142

Looks like our Texans are number one in this poll too... but they have a bold prediction saying that Wade will probably get another chance at a head coaching job.
as the head coach of the Texans...?

Old 10-03-2012   #15
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:

We all know he turned that interview down out of guilt. He was getting a lot of heat about taking that interview during the playoff push, but deep down I think he really wanted to take it.
Old 10-03-2012   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 270038 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
We all know he turned that interview down out of guilt. He was getting a lot of heat about taking that interview during the playoff push, but deep down I think he really wanted to take it.
We all know that? No, that is your crystal ball.
Old 10-03-2012   #17
Mr. WhoDat
Rookie

He's said he is happy here, but he still wants to be a head coach. I think if he was paid as much as a head coach, then he would stay. Other than Philly or KC not sure what coaching vacancys will be open. I guess there is a chance that Rex Ryan might be gone.
Mr. WhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #18
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
We all know that? No, that is your crystal ball.
So he went from talking about how much he wanted a Head Coaching gig, started getting blasted by the media, and took a meeting with McNair to discuss the matter before he told Tampa nevermind. Yeah a crystal ball is really necessary for that one.
Old 10-03-2012   #19
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I actually bumped into Wade's sister a couple weeks ago and we discussed this. He is DEFINITELY interested in trying to get another head coaching gig. I shared about this in my "Musings of a Deaf Person" thread.
Old 10-03-2012   #20
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

If he leaves, I hope we replace from in house. I like the system we have in place now and wouldn't want anything to change. Hopefully after two years an assistant would have picked up enough to keep the system in place

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read