Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2012   #81
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Would it be terribly inappropriate to yell "Your Mom?" here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #82
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Can we talk about the big fat elephant in the room for a second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
1. Spelling.
2. Punctuation.

"Where's the weak spot for the Ravens game? That's the one to be talking about. Or the Pats. "

And that's kinda the point. The Pats had 2 RBs go over 100 yards yesterday and the Ravens have Ray Rice.

If we have a weakness against the run, we're going to be exposed against those teams.
I doubt we play the same game against the Ravens or the Pats. Last year, our defense wasn't that great against the run either, still we managed to hold Ray Rice, MjD & a whole host of other RBs. Until yesterday, we went 8 consecutive games without allowing a 100 yard rusher & that included 2 play-off games.

Normally when you open a lead like we had, you'd expect them to throw the ball, that's our M.O. that's when we've got them where we want them... pin our ears back & all that jazz. That didn't happen yesterday. They found out they couldn't throw the ball against us, so they just ran & ran & ran & ran the clock out.

We put the JV team in halfway through the 4th Qtr.... for all of Chris Johnson's running, they got 1 touch down. that's it, 7 points. No field goals, no big 20 yard CJ2k runs.

I'm sure they're going to spend a lot of time in the film room & figure out how to stop the run with the front 7..... in nickel situations.
Old 10-01-2012   #83
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

I think all we need to know about our run D can be learned from watching the two goal line plays against the Broncos after the ridiculous PI call on Kareem in the end zone.
When we're playing the run, we turn 1st and goal at the one into 3rd and 6.

You're not going to take everything away from an NFL offense. We've seen teams try to do it to us and it leads to AJ walking into the endzone or death of a thousand 8 yards check downs.

The Ravens and Bears will be better tests of our run D, but in this league, with this team, as long as we're decent against the run and keep up our dominance in the passing game (and our 20 point leads), we're picking the right poison.
Old 10-02-2012   #84
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1. Spelling.
2. Punctuation.

"Where's the weak spot for the Ravens game? That's the one to be talking about. Or the Pats. "

And that's kinda the point. The Pats had 2 RBs go over 100 yards yesterday and the Ravens have Ray Rice.

If we have a weakness against the run, we're going to be exposed against those teams.
miter saw tell them you "could care less"

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #85
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Regarding the main subject here, I just agree with others that CJ3yearsAgo got a lot of garbage stats. Go ahead and run the whole 2nd half and burn clock when you're losing to us by too much. We're fine with that.

We do seem to have a weakness regarding the run up the middle, but we are the number 1 overall D right now and this is the time in the NFL where, if you're going to have a weakness, that's the one to put up with. We sure don't want to have any weaknesses in our pass D. So, we're not the best D ever. We don't have to be, because we do have an offense.

Old 10-02-2012   #86
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Only team in the NFL that hasn't given up a rushing TD - Houston Texans.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #87
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Only team in the NFL that hasn't given up a rushing TD - Houston Texans.
I didn't know that. Maybe we are just not focused on the run at times, but do just fine when we are.

I don't know, but I'm a lot more worried about this team staying healthy.

Old 10-02-2012   #88
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 249976 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I didn't know that. Maybe we are just not focused on the run at times, but do just fine when we are.

I don't know, but I'm a lot more worried about this team staying healthy.
I'm always worried about injuries. But mostly what I worry about is always the next game. I don't care if we are supposed to beat the jets by a gazallion points, I still worry.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #89
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I'm always worried about injuries. But mostly what I worry about is always the next game. I don't care if we are supposed to beat the jets by a gazallion points, I still worry.
We could definitely lose to the Jets on the road, but 4-1 is no nightmare. If it happens, it might teach our guys some kind of valuable lesson and be worth the 1 loss.

Old 10-02-2012   #90
KA4Texan
C27A

Rep Power: 5487 KA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedKA4Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We could definitely lose to the Jets on the road, but 4-1 is no nightmare. If it happens, it might teach our guys some kind of valuable lesson and be worth the 1 loss.
Agreed, but only if they lose focus would the loss be "worth it".

After all, they need to be at least twice as good as the "other guy"

Not for our town, not for the fans..... although God knows we in Houston need it.

But for themselves..... no matter how good they looked last season.

it was TAKEN from them due to PM being down.

in order for them to CLAIM what they have worked so hard for they have to do it twice as good as anyone else, to prove to the nation the lack PM is irrelevant to the success of these Texans.
Old 10-02-2012   #91
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Perhaps to another team but not the STINKIN' JETS and their toe suckin' lypo banded, blow hard (get my point?) coach!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #92
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Our D is ranked 1st in total yards and points. A few runs up the middle aren't going to kill us.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
Old 10-02-2012   #93
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202148 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Impressive state.

Quote:
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

#Texans rank 1st in @nfl in point differential (+17.5/game). Next-best team: Falcons, +12.0/game
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #94
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Perhaps to another team but not the STINKIN' JETS and their toe suckin' lypo banded, blow hard (get my point?) coach!
That just about sums it up....
Old 10-02-2012   #95
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still quite new to all this but these Texans rock!! I so enjoy watching them kick butts each week...I know the tough times will come but at the minute I'm just enjoying what I'm seeing
LondonTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #96
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonTex View Post
I'm still quite new to all this but these Texans rock!! I so enjoy watching them kick butts each week...I know the tough times will come but at the minute I'm just enjoying what I'm seeing
Soak it all in, man. Soak it all in.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #97
LondonTex
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3606 LondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respectedLondonTex is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Soak it all in, man. Soak it all in.
can't wait for the Jets game
LondonTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #98
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 48076 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The tough times have passed!

There were seasons when we didn't have this many wins.
Old 10-03-2012   #99
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the elephant in the room is our crappy special teams.

Our return game has looked ordinary at best, and our kicking game is plagued by noodle leg Graham and his inability to kick from distance.

The old saying is special teams win championships, does anyone really think we have championship quality special teams?
Old 10-03-2012   #100
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
I think the tough times are upon us. Used to be, when we punted the ball (which happened a lot) you could go get some concessions, take a bathroom break, smoke a cigarette, & make a quick pass through one of the novelty shops, then get back to your seats on time to watch the offense.

Now that the defense is just as exciting to watch, if not more... you pretty much have to get all that done before kick-off.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read