Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2012   #81
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What Jets Fans Saying About The Upcoming Game (I Agree With Them)

Coming off a atrocious loss like this you would like to have an easy or average opponent but luckily we get the best team in the NFL so far. On Monday night none the less. Don't have our best defensive player and most likely won't have our best offensive player. Where as good as dead.

That is my favorite one. Funny thing is i bet when the schedule started a lot of jets fans penciled in an easy W. Good to see the team is getting respect, now lets go stomp the jets in the ground on MNF and make the rest of the nation take notice.

PS - If the world does end this year on the 21st i'm gonna be pissed. Atleast the Myans could of seen the newest NFL franchise was about to win a superbowl and extended their calender a month or 2. Them bastards.
Old 10-02-2012   #82
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142041 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Coming off a atrocious loss like this you would like to have an easy or average opponent but luckily we get the best team in the NFL so far. On Monday night none the less. Don't have our best defensive player and most likely won't have our best offensive player. Where as good as dead.

That is my favorite one. Funny thing is i bet when the schedule started a lot of jets fans penciled in an easy W. Good to see the team is getting respect, now lets go stomp the jets in the ground on MNF and make the rest of the nation take notice.

PS - If the world does end this year on the 21st i'm gonna be pissed. Atleast the Myans could of seen the newest NFL franchise was about to win a superbowl and extended their calender a month or 2. Them bastards.
12/21/2112 doesn't mark the end, it marks the beginning... OF AN EON DOMINATED BY THE HOUSTON TEXANS!

Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #83
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post

Lots of jets fans actually had this as a loss before the season.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #84
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 31376 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
There's nothing like a MNF game in either NY or Green Bay. I hope it's a close game right up until the final gun.
If close you mean by 20 or more, then I agree.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #85
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 20453 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
In a 3 way tie head to head gets tossed unless a team sweeps or is swept. Very possible scenario.
The head to head doesn't "get tossed" unless not all the teams played each other. If the head to head is even (all teams 1-1 against each other) it is used - it is just not decisive so you go to the next tiebreaker. If the Conferecne record is even it is not tossed - you go to the next tiebreaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
conference record is ahead of common games when seeding teams with the same record.

In a three way tie, say Ravens Pats Texans, it is seeded according to conference record unless there a sweep in head-2-head.

So AFC record is VERY important.
He explicitly stated concern tiebreaker between the Patriots and the Texans. If the Texans beat the Patriots the Texans win any two way tiebreaker against the Pats. If the Texans beat the Pats, the Texans beat out the Pats in a three way involving the Ravens. Or the Broncos. Those are the most likely teams.

You play 12 AFC teams and only 4 NFC teams. So the clearer way to think about winning the Conference tiebreaker is "you must lose more games to the NFC than the other teams". Pats, Jets, Ravens, Broncos, and Chargers are all already 0-1 vs the NFC. So to win the Conference tiebreaker, the Texans need to lose at least 2 (probably 3) of their 4 games against the NFC. I would rather just beat them instead and have a better record than the other AFC teams.
Old 10-02-2012   #86
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
There's nothing like a MNF game in either NY or Green Bay. I hope it's a close game right up until the final gun.
Reverse jinxing. I like it.

Keep up the good work, man.
Old 10-03-2012   #87
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

u know what scares me tho recently what are we 0-3 verses the jets and we are playing in metlife there house IDK
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #88
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Because you get tired of hearing the same old crap from the same old people here.
Hey sonny, what's wrong with "old people?" We gotta crap just like everybody else. Can't help it if it's "old crap."
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #89
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99799 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Wow, how far have we come?

Man, I still remember that 2 win season...
I'm trying to FORGET that season...
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #90
k2djspike
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 k2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respectedk2djspike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
u know what scares me tho recently what are we 0-3 verses the jets and we are playing in metlife there house IDK
As long as we bring our A game im not scared. As far as record goes I can just as well say we were 0-10 going to 4-0 starting the season. Go Texans!!
k2djspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #91
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 59622 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Coincidentally enough, Wade asks JJ Watt about your very quote after the last game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQ6335puOc
Old 10-03-2012   #92
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Been over at theganggreen.com and a portion of there fanbase is clinging to there previous wins as evidence they will do it again.

I am more nervous about our team laying down on the national stage than anything the Jets can do. If both teams play to their ability we will PWN them.
Old 10-03-2012   #93
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Been over at theganggreen.com and a portion of there fanbase is clinging to there previous wins as evidence they will do it again.

I am more nervous about our team laying down on the national stage than anything the Jets can do. If both teams play to their ability we will PWN them.
Matt Schaub, and his Prothean lookin'-ass (Mass Effect reference), is the
reason this team will not lay an egg in Prime Time. This man watched
T.J. Yates clinch the Texans' first division championship, first playoff win,
and fight within a toenail of making the AFC Title Game.

He then listened to an offseason of people wondering if Yates should start
over him. Well, he's definitely locked in from what I can tell over these
first four games. His demeanor is that of an axe murderer, even when
the team is up 24 points. They ain't comin' out flat Monday Night.

Texans will FORCE ESPN to swallow crow raw, whole, with feathers and
claws, and like it. Time to show the league who the best team in the
NFL is.
Old 10-03-2012   #94
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post

NFL is.
Dayum, Dex is on fire. Great perspective.
Old 10-03-2012   #95
BullBlitz
Section 331

Rep Power: 5859 BullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respectedBullBlitz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Reverse jinxing. I like it.

Keep up the good work, man.
No problem. All working out as I had hoped. Man.
BullBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #96
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 18345 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackHammer View Post
Yep! I love going to the opponents board and seeing how they view the Texans.
This year in particular........because it's mainly fear and trepidation instead of joy and the thoughts of an easy win.

I'm not gonna lie. I love to see our opponents fans shaking in their boots for a change.
I also remember the days of seeing the quotes from forums of teams that the Texans somehow managed to beat whilst being in the basement of the AFC South from before the game - predicting how many dozen they'd beat the Texans by.

Anyone who has watched the Texans over the past decade, or knows anything about football teams playing their asses off when they've been embarrassed at home knows that they can write the Jets off at their peril.
Old 10-03-2012   #97
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
I also remember the days of seeing the quotes from forums of teams that the Texans somehow managed to beat whilst being in the basement of the AFC South from before the game - predicting how many dozen they'd beat the Texans by.

Anyone who has watched the Texans over the past decade, or knows anything about football teams playing their asses off when they've been embarrassed at home knows that they can write the Jets off at their peril.
The Texans happened to have beat those teams well into the second
half of the season, when it was more about seeding for those upper-echelon
teams than clinching. With so much on the line right now, for every
team in the NFL, I expect the Jets to get rolled in their own house over
night. Tuesday morning is gonna be a hell of a news day for Texans fans.

Last edited by DexmanC; 10-04-2012 at 12:51 AM.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #98
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

NFL is.
Damn Dex, that was like Barry White, a bottle of wine, and my lady on a Saturday night and the kids are away at Grandma's.

Dim the lights....
Old 10-04-2012   #99
kiwitexansfan
Let's Mock!!!!!

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

NFL is.
SOLD!!

where gonna kill 'em.

Old 10-04-2012   #100
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't think this game is anywhere near the gimmie that a lot of people (These Jets fans for instance) think it will be. Teams that take this much abuse from their fans and the media during the week tend to get their backs up and play hard. The Jets are getting roasted by just about everyone with an opinion on them and they were humiliated Sunday. They're going to play hard and if the Texans buy into all this Jets bashing and Texans hype they could lose that game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
bingo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
This is my fear. They got trashed by the Steelers, they barely pulled one out against the Dolphins, then then got SMASHED by the Niners.

We're going into their house and they're like an injured honey badger.

This could be a war.

I don't see how we don't crush them, though.
I just don't see Ryan letting his guys get beat down - on the MNF national stage - like they did last Sunday. This COULD be a war. If you think Denver went after Schaub, I fear you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read