Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-29-2012   #21
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Let's get together in NY for the Texans vs Jets 10/8/12 anyone else going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katytexans View Post
Do you mean Saturday and Monday? Game is on Monday
LMAO - sorry, Sunday and Monday. But the folks working on this need a better head count
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012   #22
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: Let's get together in NY for the Texans vs Jets 10/8/12 anyone else going?

I'm going but will be heading right from work, don't arrive till late Sunday night so likely will be hitting the game then hitting the bed, as I'll be jetlagged from being in London the week before.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #23
texanskan
Veteran

Section: 115 Row H
Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to texanskan
Default Re: Let's get together in NY for the Texans vs Jets 10/8/12 anyone else going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
LMAO - sorry, Sunday and Monday. But the folks working on this need a better head count
A better Sunday spot for the games are needed. I have been to that bar on a couple of occasions and while it is a tremendous place for Texans fans to get together it's not good for watching all the games on tv.

"You either got a jump shot or you slang crack rock"
texanskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #24
TexasMade5717
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAggie10 View Post
I bought a ticket to go the Texans-Jets game, planning on going solo. None of my other coworkers are Texans fans!

I am currently working in Brooklyn and was wondering if anyone was going to be going from Penn Station to the game?
Sorry bud. Flying into Newark so I wouldn't have to cross thru Manhattan and all that. Just roll solo, I'm sure you'll see other Texans fans bc most tourists will stay in Manhattan.
TexasMade5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #25
TexasMade5717
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage View Post
Just moved out to NYC... Have a ticket, and as long as I don't get assigned out for work travel I will be there... Can't wait for this game!
Hope you're able to make it, see ya there!
Old 09-30-2012   #26
TexasMade5717
Rookie

Quote:
I sent you a friend request here, let me know what that next step is to get in touch with the Facebook group.
Old 10-01-2012   #27
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone want to watch the Sunday games anywhere?
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #28
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Let's get together in NY for the Texans vs Jets 10/8/12 anyone else going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMade5717 View Post
I sent you a friend request here, let me know what that next step is to get in touch with the Facebook group.
Dd I accept and add you to the group?
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-02-2012   #29
texanskan
Veteran

Rep Power: 611 texanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanskan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
Anyone want to watch the Sunday games anywhere?
I am in, we will be in lower Manhattan email me alex@ctpind.com

Old 10-02-2012   #30
korkedbatz
Rookie

Section: 133

Dalton's Sports Bar is a pretty cool place to watch the Sunday games. 611 9th Ave Between 43rd & 44th
korkedbatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #31
TexasMade5717
Rookie

Quote:
Dd I accept and add you to the group?
No you haven't yet.
Old 10-02-2012   #32
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMade5717 View Post
No you haven't yet.
Now I have
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-02-2012   #33
NYCTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 NYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of FamerNYCTexan is a Hall of Famer

Been chatting with Texanskan - we usually go to the Idle Hands for the official Texans bar for the Texans game. But seeing as how its not set up really for multiple games simulataneously, I can see why you might want to go to an actual sports bar.

For that, there are several options. It is best to call ahead and get an area though. And stay away from Tonic in midtown - tourist trap and crazy chaotic.

Tonic East on 3rd Ave is pretty good but again it will be chaotic on NFL Sunday.

My friends and I are meeting at Stout near Penn Station on Monday at 4 PM. I will be in my white Arian Foster jersey and you cant miss me. Tall, dark guy..

I am not sure about Tailgate Joes but Stout is close to Penn Station so we can all get on the NJ Transit together if need be.
Old 10-02-2012   #34
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 9013 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

link to FB group?
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #35
Grindhouse
noob

Does anybody need two tickets for the game?
Grindhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #36
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaJokaa View Post
link to FB group?
Sigh, lol. Send me a FR, tell me your name and I'll add you.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 10-04-2012   #37
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Link to FB page?!?!?!?

Old 10-04-2012   #38
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's my blog writeup of unofficial plans + common sense road game tips:

Unofficial plans for Texans fans going to MNF Jets game

If you know someone who is going, please pass this on to them. I heard from some folks who went to the Denver meetup that a bunch of folks who don't know about TexansTalk or the FB group went to the bar because someone sent them the blog post about it. New old media!

Also, it adds a post game meetup spot. There's a giant bronze Snoopy statue outside the west game. Sometimes it is nice to meet up post game to take a picture, get decent number of fans together for safety.
Old 10-05-2012   #39
texanskan
Veteran

I'm in NYC right now. The boys and I will swing by the Texans bar to watch the first half of the 1st games Sunday but will walk someplace that is better suited to watch all the games.

If anyone want's to watch college ball Sunday i.e LSU vs FLA, South Carolina vs Georgia and UT vs WVU hit me up

Old 10-05-2012   #40
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's everyone sitting for the game? I'm at 104.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read