Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2012   #30
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
I don't think they want to keep him out for 8 weeks if he doesn't have an 8 week injury.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
Right, which is even more of a reason they'd want to use it on a guy they could afford to sit for 8 weeks rather than a guy they'd want back asap.

I can see the argument that they'd rather wait until week 6-8 to use it if they need to so they could have a full roster of players for the meat of the season and they guy that was out would be back right in time for play offs.

But the saving it for an important player argument doesn't make any sense to me. What exactly are you gaining by saving it for a more important player that may or may not get injured?

Nothing.

In fact you'd potentially be losing a roster spot for nothing if that hypothetical more important player never gets injured.

If you use the rule on demps you can add Nolan without cutting anyone. That gives you time to think and evaluate who you will cut when demps is back healthy and all the while you still operating with a full set of players.

If another guy gets injured later but not season ending, oh well, a bubble player might get cut. But I don't see how it matters in regards to the actual player getting injured. Hence me repeatedly saying saving it for a more important player doesn't make sense.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read