Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-02-2012   #1
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3743 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Quarter Season Congrats

The pre-season hype over the Texans has been met square-on. Houston has looked pretty freakin' good the first four games, and is easily one of the top four teams playing in the NFL right now.

You guys and gals have been backing this team through the sucky years. Last year's playoff loss to the Ravens had to sting, but sometimes you learn more from failure than you do victory. Right now the Texans seem to be a team no one want to face at the moment.

Enjoy the ride!
Daravenator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 200326 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Quarter Season Congrats

Thanks, man.

You guys are still up there, though. We've got to prove it against quality opponents and we'll have our chance with the upcoming schedule.

Good luck to you except when you play us.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #3
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks!

Believe me all us old timers are lovin' the ride!!

Hopefully we'll be able to return the playoff favor to you this year

I was at the game last year and I will say the Ravens fans were fantastic and treated us good (okay except for the one drunk guy with no teeth-he did throw a beer can at us while walking to the stadium...)

Good luck to you (except for Oct 21st.)
Old 10-02-2012   #4
Daravenator
Veteran

Rep Power: 3743 Daravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respectedDaravenator is a quality contributor and well respected

The Ravens are still up there, but they have a lot of holes that need filling. The defense is nothing like we are used to seeing. Right now the Texans don't seem to have anything that stands out as a true weakness. They are playing great on both sides of the ball. IMO, Arizona is still a pretender, and Atlanta always seems to get just so far and that's that. I think Houston is for real this year.
Old 10-02-2012   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Ravens fans have been good sports, IMO, when they've visited our boards here.

Thank you for the positive words. Your team is the one team I think we end up having a true all-out battle with this year.

Good luck to you, yada yada yada...
Old 10-02-2012   #6
awc713
Rookie

Rep Power: 247 awc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respectedawc713 is a quality contributor and well respected

ravens also have jacoby jones. huge hole there
awc713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #7
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13211 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awc713 View Post
ravens also have jacoby jones. huge hole there
But...they SAW what he did to lose his job here! Their players were on the field; their fans were in the stadium when it happened! Why would they take him?
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2012   #8
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 35346 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas T View Post
Thanks!

Believe me all us old timers are lovin' the ride!!

Hopefully we'll be able to return the playoff favor to you this year

I was at the game last year and I will say the Ravens fans were fantastic and treated us good....

Good luck to you (except for Oct 21st.)
I'll agree, Raven's fans were great.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
Old 10-02-2012   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Tom View Post
But...they SAW what he did to lose his job here! Their players were on the field; their fans were in the stadium when it happened! Why would they take him?
Well, he did win them a playoff game.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #10
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daravenator View Post
The Ravens are still up there, but they have a lot of holes that need filling. The defense is nothing like we are used to seeing. Right now the Texans don't seem to have anything that stands out as a true weakness. They are playing great on both sides of the ball. IMO, Arizona is still a pretender, and Atlanta always seems to get just so far and that's that. I think Houston is for real this year.
I'm still scared of ya'll. Your running game can hurt us, and what little that I saw of your no huddle offense was impressive. It'll be a good game when we finally do meet, and a real indicator of which team has what it takes to go deep into the playoffs.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Ravens scare me more than the Packers. Only team on our schedule that scares me as much as the Ravens is New England.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #12
Daravenator
Veteran

So far Jacoby Jones has made some great catches and played well. Looks like a good pickup for Baltimore so far.

Trust me though- I understand why you feel the way you do. I say the same to 'Skins fans about Cundiff.
Old 10-02-2012   #13
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 75563 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Ravens scare me more than the Packers. Only team on our schedule that scares me as much as the Ravens is New England.
Not scaird of ANY of 'em. The Pack least of all. They seem to have some wart appearing. NE, not so much either. They haven't faced a :defense: that can keep Brady off the field yet. They won against two non-teams. They lost to two undefeated teams. Though not blown out by any stretch. I'm not making the statement that they shouldn't be a concern. They certainly are. I just don't think they're unbeatable be the Texans even in their house as long as we play to our potential.

That brings us to the Ravens. We all know our record there. I believe, deep in my bones (all 206 of 'em ) that that changes on October 21st.

And I'm going to be there to see history!

Go Texans!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So far Jacoby Jones has made some great catches and played well. Looks like a good pickup for Baltimore so far.

Trust me though- I understand why you feel the way you do. I say the same to 'Skins fans about Cundiff.
JJ is a heart attack just waiting to happen. That's both good and bad, believe me.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Easy quarter of the schedule done.

Need to clean some stuff up w/O-line & run D for a much tougher next quarter:

@Jets, Packers, Ravens, Bills.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #16
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yea, he's been on the Ravens payroll since January 15th as far as I am concerned.

I used to like the Ravens but I am sorry to say that this is no longer the case. I am deep in Ravens territory up here at Fort Meade, and all the civilians in our operations center are fans. I can't wait for our week seven victory.
Old 10-02-2012   #17
2slik4u
All Pro

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 11791 2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected2slik4u is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The pre-season hype over the Texans has been met square-on. Houston has looked pretty freakin' good the first four games, and is easily one of the top four teams playing in the NFL right now.

You guys and gals have been backing this team through the sucky years. Last year's playoff loss to the Ravens had to sting, but sometimes you learn more from failure than you do victory. Right now the Texans seem to be a team no one want to face at the moment.

Enjoy the ride!
I appreciate it. I honestly believe the road to the super bowl goes thru Baltimore. I think you guys are just as "complete" as we are. All facets of your team mimic ours except our defense is a little younger.
Old 10-02-2012   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Enjoy the ride!
Thanks bro!!! Some of us are in it for the long run. That said, you've always been a good poster 'round these parts.... Welcome back!

Quote:

Of course Jacoby looks good..... Well, he will right up until he won't!!

I read one of the funniest B-More message boards posts after JJ signed there... (and I paraphrase):

This is AWESOME!! He already won us a playoff game!!!!
Old 10-02-2012   #19
bshep86
Rookie

Section: M&T Bank Stadium
Rep Power: 1052 bshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respectedbshep86 is a quality contributor and well respected

If you haven't paided attention to my listed location, I'm from Baltimore.

I'm really hoping the boys can back up all my trash talking I've done for the game on the 21st. lol

Old 10-03-2012   #20
Daravenator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Yea, he's been on the Ravens payroll since January 15th as far as I am concerned.

I used to like the Ravens but I am sorry to say that this is no longer the case. I am deep in Ravens territory up here at Fort Meade, and all the civilians in our operations center are fans. I can't wait for our week seven victory.
Ft. Meade? I'm surprised you aren't neck-deep in Redskins fans. That's about right at the dividing line. Haven't been down Mapes Rd in years. Used to be stationed at Tipton AAF back in the day.

I think the Ravens-Texans game will be telling for both teams. Can Houston stop Ray Rice? Can Baltimore control Matt Schaub?

Just one thing. Please! No #&*%@! hurricane this year!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read