Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2012   #41
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: What Jets Fans Saying About The Upcoming Game (I Agree With Them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Well it's a good thing the Jets have the Messiah on their roster, because they are going to need an act of God to come close to winning this game.

Sanchez is going to be torn up by the Texans defense.
This is my biggest fear. Them boys from Kirby are going to put a hurt'n on Sanchez... he'll be taken out of the game then T-Bow is going to win the game for them.

<---Wade can't believe I just said that.
Old 10-01-2012   #42
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

blah blah blah hype hype hype

Just get us to the Super Bowl and win it. I don't care how or what our ratings look like or what our season record is. I just want the trophy.

No cake. Just icing.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #43
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Or the jets could just be a poor team. No revis, no santonio. Sanchize playing like crap.

Being upset about something doesn't make you good if you don't have the ability. This isn't the patriots or ravens coming off of an embarrassing loss...it's the jets. The jets are like a pissed off 5 year old...yeah they could nut shot you and put you down for a second, but it's a whole lot more likely that you'll just pick them up and throw them somewhere. Being mad doesn't give you ability or talent.

If every bad team that got mad and decided to play hard the following week we wouldnt have the 0-16 lions or 2-14 texans or the whole host if other bad teams.

It's just as likely that the pissed of jets keep losing and end up one of the worse teams in the league this year as it is that they have a come to Tebow moment and find their inner tiger.
They are still pro-athletes. And sometimes all it does take is the right set of circumstances, with the right inspiration. I'm hoping Week 5 isn't the right circumstance, and that Week 4 isn't the right inspiration.

Hopefully we can beat the living hell out of them and give them the inspiration to put themselves back together, if it's going to happen at all this season.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #44
thunderkyss 
&amp; so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
still work to do. last 8 games schaub has won..

titans, browns, jags, bucs, dolphins, jags, broncos, titans..

a schaub led team needs to go out and beat the ravens and packers then go on the road and beat the bears.... i believe he can, im just not ready to believe this "no one beats them" talk...
I understand the apprehension. Schaub beat a bunch of bad teams.... so what.

But we didn't just beat a bunch of bad teams, we whup'd that azzzz.... we were averaging over 27 points over that period, most of the wins were by huge margins.

You can't chose your opponents, but you can embarass the bad teams that unluckily gets on your schedule.

No, that doesn't mean that we'll blow out the Ravens or the Pats, those are good teams (suspect defenses), but you should expect to be able to put points on the board & control the clock.

Then you throw in Jj Watt's performance over the last 10 games or so & "no one beats them"
Old 10-01-2012   #45
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Why does it feel like one of the posters in this thread is going by a new screen name? Hmmmm.....
Old 10-01-2012   #46
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81208 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
We're also 4-0 & don't know how long we'll keep this win streak going.

However, I'll say this. Last time we played the NFC East..... I think it was 2010, Dallas & the Giants came to Houston about ready to throw in the towel. They left looking like the best team in the league.

I've finally come to grips that our division sucks, so I don't think there is any such thing as a "must win" or anything like it coming up. But the next game against the Jets is going to tell us a lot.

They're on the road, so it's not like they'll have to win it for the fans. The divisions almost wrapped up, so they don't need to win for any kind of lead. They'll be on Monday night, so all they've really got to play for is their own pride.

Same 'ol Texans??

We'll see.
??? Teams don't play for their fans, they play for their teammates, coaches, and themselves.. I doubt in the big scheme of things they really give a flip what fans think.

It's also just week 5 and this is a conference opponent, which means it involves tie breaker implications. Until we have home field advantage wrapped up there is PLENTY to play for. The entire goal that was set in the offseason was to make Baltimore (and anyone else) come to our house. The season isn't over and they aren't taking their foot off the gas anytime soon.

Lol at people who are scared of the Jets stepping up because they are embarrased or because the media or fans are hounding them.. all of that has been going on for well over a year now and they still haven't stood up.. because they suck and don't have talent. It's like expecting the 2005 texans to rise up, it ain't going to happen. Houston is going to NY to pillage their city and take their woman.. hide your kids, hide your wife, they'll be raping everyone out there..

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 10-02-2012 at 02:16 AM.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #47
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44358 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
??? Teams don't play for their fans, they play for their teammates, coaches, and themselves.. I doubt in the big scheme of things they really give a flip what fans think.

It's also just week 5 and this is a conference opponent, which means it involves tie breaker implications. Until we have home field advantage wrapped up there is PLENTY to play for. The entire goal that was set in the offseason was to make Baltimore (and anyone else) come to our house. The season isn't over and they aren't taking their foot off the break anytime soon.

Lol at people who are scared of the Jets stepping up because they are embarrased or because the media or fans are hounding them.. all of that has been going on for well over a year now and they still haven't stood up.. because they suck and don't have talent. It's like expecting the 2005 texans to rise up, it ain't going to happen. Houston is going to NY and pillage their city and take their woman.. hide your kids, hide your wife, they'll be raping everyone out there..
I agree 100%. This is a huge game b/c it's an AFC game and realistically we are competing with the Patriots for home field in the playoffs. This is a big game in terms of tie breakers.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #48
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post

It's also just week 5 and this is a conference opponent, which means it involves tie breaker implications. Until we have home field advantage wrapped up there is PLENTY to play for. The entire goal that was set in the offseason was to make Baltimore (and anyone else) come to our house. The season isn't over and they aren't taking their foot off the break anytime soon.

Lol at people who are scared of the Jets stepping up because they are embarrased or because the media or fans are hounding them.. all of that has been going on for well over a year now and they still haven't stood up.. because they suck and don't have talent. It's like expecting the 2005 texans to rise up, it ain't going to happen. Houston is going to NY to pillage their city and take their woman.. hide your kids, hide your wife, they'll be raping everyone out there..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Ryan While Heading To The Tunnel at Halftime
Sho' ya RIGHT!!

LMAO!!

Rep!
Old 10-01-2012   #49
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 29061 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I agree 100%. This is a huge game b/c it's an AFC game and realistically we are competing with the Patriots for home field in the playoffs. This is a big game in terms of tie breakers.
No. Our tiebreaker with the Patriots will be our game against the ... Patriots. Jets game has zero tiebreaker effect for the Texans against Patriots, Bills, Dolphins, Broncos, or Ravens. The Jets are helpful as a tiebreaker against other AFC teams, especially Steelers and Chargers (common opponent).
Old 10-01-2012   #50
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked this one. He is very optimistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.reyes16
24-10 Texans if we can stop the run. If we can't, 42-3.
Old 10-02-2012   #51
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 97853 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
blah blah blah hype hype hype

Just get us to the Super Bowl and win it. I don't care how or what our ratings look like or what our season record is. I just want the trophy.

No cake. Just icing.
No no no, you got it backwards......... All cake, no icing.
Old 10-02-2012   #52
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokalus View Post
I usually don't understand why people like to check out other team's forums, but in this case, I thank you for the link.
Because you get tired of hearing the same old crap from the same old people here.
Old 10-02-2012   #53
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 5916 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

the Jets have crap players, they can be motivated like JJ watt and will still suck
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #54
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 5916 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
No. Our tiebreaker with the Patriots will be our game against the ... Patriots. Jets game has zero tiebreaker effect for the Texans against Patriots, Bills, Dolphins, Broncos, or Ravens. The Jets are helpful as a tiebreaker against other AFC teams, especially Steelers and Chargers (common opponent).
conference record is ahead of common games when seeding teams with the same record.

In a three way tie, say Ravens Pats Texans, it is seeded according to conference record unless there a sweep in head-2-head.

So AFC record is VERY important.
Old 10-02-2012   #55
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
conference record is ahead of common games when seeding teams with the same record.
Yeah, and head to head is above all of those. I'm hoping we can stay unbeaten heading into our Bye week. It'll be tough, but if we do that then I think a 15-1 or 14-2 record would be very reachable.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #56
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 299943 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Here are the tie breaker rules.
Old 10-02-2012   #57
JamesBill
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
Yeah, and head to head is above all of those. I'm hoping we can stay unbeaten heading into our Bye week. It'll be tough, but if we do that then I think a 15-1 or 14-2 record would be very reachable.
In a 3 way tie head to head gets tossed unless a team sweeps or is swept. Very possible scenario.
Old 10-02-2012   #58
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
In a 3 way tie head to head gets tossed unless a team sweeps or is swept. Very possible scenario.
I understand that, but he didn't mention anything about a 3 way tie. Way too early to think about that kind of stuff anyway. We just need to handle our business and stay healthy.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #59
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
From the Jets board:

When did Jets fans start trolling themselves?
My favorite
Old 10-02-2012   #60
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81208 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
My favorite
I about fell out of my chair when I read the post that said "and Tebow leaves due to injury.. splinters to the ass". At least they have a sense of humor.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read