Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2012   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans call out "Big Country"

Quote:
The Houston Texans voiced their frustration with the play of Tennessee Titans offensive tackle David Stewart following Sunday's contest between the AFC South rivals.

Multiple members of the Texans' defense told the Houston Chronicle that Stewart used "dirty" tactics, claiming that he attempted to pull Brooks Reed's hair and threw punches throughout the contest.

"I saw some things I've never seen before," Texans defensive end Antonio Smith told the Chronicle. "I saw him try to pull (Reed's) hair out, tried to ride somebody's back, which I thought was kind of funny, actually."

Smith made similar complaints about Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito after Week 1. Houston linebacker Connor Barwin echoed Smith's sentiments, comparing Stewart to Incognito.

"He's like Incognito," Barwin told the Chronicle. "Everybody will say it -- (Stewart) is a dirty player. He threw a punch at me. He threw a punch at Brooks."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/84...texans-players

As a favorite now, it seems like we're getting everyone's dirtiest. At least it didn't result in injuries.
Old 10-01-2012   #2
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans call out "Big Country"

Well at least we know Barwin was indeed playing. And yeah there's going to be dirty play, just glad we rise above it and don't respond in kind.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #3
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected

Also from the article:

Quote:
Tennessee right guard Leroy Harris also made a bold statement following the lopsided loss, telling the Chronicle that Texans star defensive end J.J. Watt is "not anything special."

Watt recorded a pair of sacks in the contest, increasing his league-leading total to 7, and forced a fumble.

"(Watt) is not anything special," Harris told the paper. "He's just persistent at what he does. And if you use bad technique, he'll exploit. I locked him down most the game, except those two plays (sacks)."

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #4
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2158 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

My opinion is that there are dirty players all over the place out there. I don't like that our top-rated defense is complaining in the media about this kind of stuff. Makes them look like panty-wearing wussies upset that somebody's trying to steal their barbie doll.
Old 10-01-2012   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 115170 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

How many DLs say our OL is dirty? Part of the game. Destroy him at the LOS and let the cards fall where they may.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #6
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
How many DLs say our OL is dirty? Part of the game. Destroy him at the LOS and let the cards fall where they may.
Yeah, but that's because of legal cut blocking, not because they are pulling hair and punching the rushers.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #7
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoochyTX View Post
My opinion is that there are dirty players all over the place out there. I don't like that our top-rated defense is complaining in the media about this kind of stuff. Makes them look like panty-wearing wussies upset that somebody's trying to steal their barbie doll.
No, I don't think so. I feel like if they call out a couple players during 1 season, all it can do is bring more scrutiny in the direction of the dirty players - more fines and a solid reputation for being dirty trash.

I'm sure they were asked their opinion too. Not like they organized a press conference to complain

I know Matt Thomas waited 20 minutes to talk to Big Country - but he was instructed not to talk to the media.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84758 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I remember reading a qoute awhile back about defensive lineman calling our lineman dirty (I think it was the Jags), but I'm sure that's because Dlineman don't like to be cut down and don't like people diving at their knees.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #9
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

I am rewatching the game and on the play where Quin takes out locker, you can see him punching Brooks Reed
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #10
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 74835 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Seems like our guys whine about dirty players every week.

Perhaps it is our team.
Old 10-02-2012   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84758 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

Perhaps it is our team.
Or they're just answering questions. I'm sure they were asked about "Big Dumbass" since he was being a dumbass the entire game, ripping off helmets, drawing P.F. flags, and shooting his team in the foot.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 10-02-2012 at 04:38 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #12
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

These are not professional actions commensurate of NFL & it's players, hence he should be disciplined as such & out of the league if improvement not shown.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #13
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30851 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post

Perhaps it is our team.
Lesser teams resort to these kind of moves when they know they measure up to a team physically. You wouldn't see a team like San Fran or Baltimore doing that kind of stuff. If the Texans feel like players are pulling cheap stuff like this then I don't mind them putting it out there. And besides the Incognito incident when has someone complained about the opposing team being dirty? I'm sure it's not "every week".
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #14
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoochyTX View Post
Right. Panty wearing wussies that destroy everyone in their way.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

I noticed Stewart's dirty antics all throughout the game, so this is no surprise to me.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if our guys are panting wearing wussies, but Connor says there's nothing wrong with that.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

At least Connor made the post-game quotes stat sheet.
Old 10-02-2012   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
I noticed Stewart's dirty antics all throughout the game, so this is no surprise to me.
My daughter, who knows very little about the way the game is played, and rarely comments on the game, ask me who the heck that guy was. Said he was a jacka*s and shouldn't be allowed to play so dirty! So, Stewart was noticed bigtime, even from an untrained eye!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #19
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah. He was playing after the whistle a good bit of the time too. Funny thing is, I'd put money on anyone in our front 7 over Big Tubbo in a fisticuffs battle.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
My daughter, who knows very little about the way the game is played, and rarely comments on the game, ask me who the heck that guy was. Said he was a jacka*s and shouldn't be allowed to play so dirty! So, Stewart was noticed bigtime, even from an untrained eye!
LOL!

He and Icognito remind me of Mongo from Blazing Saddles.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read