Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2012   #21
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 31892 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Injuries from Titan's game

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsorc View Post
We play a 3-safety dime package. With Demps and Keo down, Ball took over as the dime safety. Makes sense since he did play some S in Dallas.
Thanks for a legitimate response.
Old 10-01-2012   #22
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
You see, there are 2 safeties. The free and the strong.
More like a left and a right at this point.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #23
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 30855 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans/st...68389037563904

Quote:
Coach Kubiak at podium now. RG Antoine Caldwell has ankle sprain. Will be day-to-day. Quintin Demps had surgery today for broken forearm.
Demps to IR? No.

https://twitter.com/NickScurfield/st...68641635332096
Quote:
Nick Scurfield @NickScurfield
S Quintin Demps had surgery on a broken forearm. Not season-ending, but he will miss "some time" per Kubiak #Texans
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #24
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Do the Texans bring some one in or just move Eddie "The Missile" Pleasant up from the practice squad.

http://blog.houstontexans.com/tag/eddie-pleasant/
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #25
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm thinking that they just ask Ball/Keo to play safety and Move Brandon Harris to the active roster.

Last year Harris also got some work at safety, but not in an actual game. Supposedly he was an option there last year when DMan got hurt.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #26
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

atleast its the backup, but demps was ballin..

would love to see Pleasant suit up even if its only ST work..
Old 10-01-2012   #27
BlackFizz
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm thinking that they just ask Ball/Keo to play safety and Move Brandon Harris to the active roster.

Last year Harris also got some work at safety, but not in an actual game. Supposedly he was an option there last year when DMan got hurt.
I don't know if it is just that simple. We play dime alot, and Keo IMHO is not a legitimate option. He will get us killed on long plays repeatedly due to his lack of an nfl skill set(athleticism, awareness, tackling, ect). Ball(along with Bradie James and T Newman) was a big reason why Wade's defense in Dallas fell off so badly and ultimately got him fired. He simply can't cover anyone deep down the field. Ball is and has been a major liability in Wade's scheme before and I don't see that changing. Lack of quality depth in our secondary may ultimately be our demise come playoff time. I heard on SR610 on the way home that we may be in search for veteran safety help. I pray we find an adequate replacement until Demps can return.

BTW has B Harris ever played safety before?? A any level??
just curious
BlackFizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #28
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Has anyone heard anything about Ben Tate? I heard he had a X-ray on his foot.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #29
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Troy Nolan?

Troy Nolan Released by Dolphins on 9/25 is still a Free Agent. I would like to see him back in Houston. I would rather him than Keo to replace S Quintin Demps.
Old 10-01-2012   #30
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20
Default Re: Troy Nolan

yes please! we can sign him to a minimum if he agrees.
Old 10-01-2012   #31
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Troy Nolan?

Well with Demps being out for a few weeks with a broken forearm, we should pick up Nolan.

Who could we cut on our roster to make room for him?

Or would we call up pleasant?

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #32
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak said in the press conference it should be dealt with tomorrow.

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #33
srrono
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
Well with Demps being out for a few weeks with a broken forearm, we should pick up Nolan.

Who could we cut on our roster to make room for him?

Or would we call up pleasant?
I am ready to end the Holiday experiment drop him bring back Nolan. Let Manning, Forsett, and Martin handle return duties.
Old 10-01-2012   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
atleast its the backup, but demps was ballin..

would love to see Pleasant suit up even if its only ST work..
JUP!! Same here. I wanna see Pleasant activated.
Old 10-01-2012   #35
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Has anyone heard anything about Ben Tate? I heard he had a X-ray on his foot.
Has anyone heard anything?
Old 10-01-2012   #36
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He had a toe bothering him, per Kubiak's press conference. No report on the results of the xray that I know of.
Old 10-01-2012   #37
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think I heard it was a toe... Not necessarily a "turf toe" situation, but a toe nonetheless.
Old 10-01-2012   #38
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFizz View Post
I don't know if it is just that simple. We play dime alot, and Keo IMHO is not a legitimate option. He will get us killed on long plays repeatedly due to his lack of an nfl skill set(athleticism, awareness, tackling, ect). Ball(along with Bradie James and T Newman) was a big reason why Wade's defense in Dallas fell off so badly and ultimately got him fired. He simply can't cover anyone deep down the field. Ball is and has been a major liability in Wade's scheme before and I don't see that changing. Lack of quality depth in our secondary may ultimately be our demise come playoff time. I heard on SR610 on the way home that we may be in search for veteran safety help. I pray we find an adequate replacement until Demps can return.

BTW has B Harris ever played safety before?? A any level??
just curious
I never said it was simple, just giving an opinion on what I think the texans will do.

And I have no clue if Harris has ever played safety, but I know that they were considering him for the position last year when manning was hurt.

If I'm not mistaken, in order for them to bring someone in they need to cut someone. I think they'd rather keep what they have and work with it than cutting someone.

I could be wrong and have been plenty, but that's how I see it.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #39
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I think I heard it was a toe... Not necessarily a "turf toe" situation, but a toe nonetheless.
Well has anyone heard any details about this? A toe injury can be disabilating to a RB,
Old 10-01-2012   #40
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Demps, depending on his fracture or fracture combinations is likely to see the field again no sooner than 4 weeks (in most cases unwise), and could be more likely closer to 2 months or longer. Plated forearm fractures in NFL players are significant risk for refracture of the forearm...........close to 20%.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read