Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2012   #21
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What Jets Fans Saying About The Upcoming Game (I Agree With Them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
From the Jets board:

When did Jets fans start trolling themselves?
Now, that was funny!

I don't think we will run away with this game, but, I do anticipate a win. My stomach flutters when I think about how poorly we do on National TV though! But, I have a feeling Jets fans might boo their own team more than they will the Texans. Esp if/when Sanchez starts screwing up!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #22
pirbroke
All Pro

Rep Power: 7756 pirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respectedpirbroke is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans whip Sanchez so bad they have no choice but to start Tebow for 2nd half just to keep the fans from going nuts. I want to hear coach Footfan pleading for his job after the game. I say 44 to 0 with less than 100 yards total offense should do it :-)
pirbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #23
TdotTexas2Step
All Pro

Rep Power: 1975 TdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respectedTdotTexas2Step is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with those saying this will be a war.

National primetime game, on their turf, reeling from an embarrassing loss with a chance to prove themselves by defeating the undefeated Texans?

I have confidence in our guys, but we'll have to fight and earn this one.
TdotTexas2Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #24
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't think this game is anywhere near the gimmie that a lot of people (These Jets fans for instance) think it will be. Teams that take this much abuse from their fans and the media during the week tend to get their backs up and play hard. The Jets are getting roasted by just about everyone with an opinion on them and they were humiliated Sunday. They're going to play hard and if the Texans buy into all this Jets bashing and Texans hype they could lose that game.
I DON'T think this will be an "easy" game.
I DO BELIEVE that the Texans will leave at 5-0 and that will be sweet.
Old 10-01-2012   #25
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Wow, how far have we come?

Man, I still remember that 2 win season...
i remember it like it was yesterday as well... went to my first texans game during that year. thank god we won.... but damn does it feel good to be a gangsta now hahahaha
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #26
jred76
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 jred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respectedjred76 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What Jets Fans Saying About The Game (I Agree With Them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot pickle View Post
i remember it like it was yesterday as well... went to my first texans game during that year. thank god we won.... but damn does it feel good to be a gangsta now hahahaha
Me too. My first one was the Ryan Fitzpatrick game vs the Rams... What a kick in the stomach that one was...
jred76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #27
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 33986 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Along the same lines, reading the Jet's board. I haven't felt that level of despair since Capers was here.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
TejasTom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #28
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 79504 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

I will wait until Em Diggy's analysis on each team's player skill sets before I go off predicting a W here. Won't know until he tells me which team's RB's have the best skills.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #29
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 73223 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
I will wait until Em Diggy's analysis on each team's player skill sets before I go off predicting a W here. Won't know until he tells me which team's RB's have the best skills.
They've got Grimes now so it'll surely be a push.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #30
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Wow, how far have we come?

Man, I still remember that 2 win season...
I saw Around the Horn today and cracked up. One of the topics was which 4-0 team is luckiest to still be 4-0. They only discussed Arizona and Atlanta and then the host says something to the effect of "we didn't bother talking about Houston since they are killing everyone."

We went from no coverage for being bad to no coverage for being good.
Old 10-01-2012   #31
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Our D will get to Sanchez. He's fumbled once in each of the last 2 games and has been sacked 6 times, 3 in the last game. He's not exactly a tricky runner with 1 run for 4 yds. In fact, besides being a statue, he's got a terrible pocket presence. Let me clarify that........no pocket presence. He's had 5 TDs with 4 INTs, with 3 INTs coming in the last 2 games. He's only completed~40% of all of his passes.

And if Tebow comes in, let him do his typical lock in on one pass route while doing his best imitation of someone having any ability to read a defense. If he fails to find anyone to throw to within 20 yds of where he thinks they should have read his mind and been, his passes will be met by an unfamiliar set of faces. Finally, let's just say that Tebow will show us that he can indeed hit the broad side of the barn, where is he going to find one of those at MetLife Stadium?

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #32
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
This is my fear. They got trashed by the Steelers, they barely pulled one out against the Dolphins, then then got SMASHED by the Niners.

We're going into their house and they're like an injured honey badger.

This could be a war.

I don't see how we don't crush them, though.
Or the jets could just be a poor team. No revis, no santonio. Sanchize playing like crap.

Being upset about something doesn't make you good if you don't have the ability. This isn't the patriots or ravens coming off of an embarrassing loss...it's the jets. The jets are like a pissed off 5 year old...yeah they could nut shot you and put you down for a second, but it's a whole lot more likely that you'll just pick them up and throw them somewhere. Being mad doesn't give you ability or talent.

If every bad team that got mad and decided to play hard the following week we wouldnt have the 0-16 lions or 2-14 texans or the whole host if other bad teams.

It's just as likely that the pissed of jets keep losing and end up one of the worse teams in the league this year as it is that they have a come to Tebow moment and find their inner tiger.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #33
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Or the jets could just be a poor team. No revis, no santonio. Sanchize playing like crap.

Being upset about something doesn't make you good if you don't have the ability. This isn't the patriots or ravens coming off of an embarrassing loss...it's the jets. The jets are like a pissed off 5 year old...yeah they could but shot you and put you down for a second, but it's a whole lot more likely that you'll just pick them up and throw them somewhere. Being mad doesn't give you ability or talent.

If every bad team that got mad and decided to play hard the following week we wouldnt have the 0-16 lions or 2-14 texans or the whole host if other bad teams.

It's just as likely that the pissed of jets keep losing and end up one of the worse teams in the league this year as it is that they have a come to Tebow moment and find their inner tiger.
That's why I said, "I don't see how we don't crush them, though."
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #34
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny

Credit John Clayton: #Texans have won last 8 gms started by Matt Schaub by combined 160 points. If they stay healthy, no one beats them.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #35
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 82184 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny

Credit John Clayton: #Texans have won last 8 gms started by Matt Schaub by combined 160 points. If they stay healthy, no one beats them.
I usually don't put too much stock in what the talking heads say, but that gave me the chills.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #36
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74062 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

The Mike Greenberg kiss of death.

6-10 here we come!!!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #37
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

still work to do. last 8 games schaub has won..

titans, browns, jags, bucs, dolphins, jags, broncos, titans..

a schaub led team needs to go out and beat the ravens and packers then go on the road and beat the bears.... i believe he can, im just not ready to believe this "no one beats them" talk...
Old 10-01-2012   #38
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't think this game is anywhere near the gimmie that a lot of people (These Jets fans for instance) think it will be. Teams that take this much abuse from their fans and the media during the week tend to get their backs up and play hard. The Jets are getting roasted by just about everyone with an opinion on them and they were humiliated Sunday. They're going to play hard and if the Texans buy into all this Jets bashing and Texans hype they could lose that game.
We're also 4-0 & don't know how long we'll keep this win streak going.

However, I'll say this. Last time we played the NFC East..... I think it was 2010, Dallas & the Giants came to Houston about ready to throw in the towel. They left looking like the best team in the league.

I've finally come to grips that our division sucks, so I don't think there is any such thing as a "must win" or anything like it coming up. But the next game against the Jets is going to tell us a lot.

They're on the road, so it's not like they'll have to win it for the fans. The divisions almost wrapped up, so they don't need to win for any kind of lead. They'll be on Monday night, so all they've really got to play for is their own pride.

Same 'ol Texans??

We'll see.
Old 10-01-2012   #39
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
The Mike Greenberg kiss of death.

6-10 here we come!!!
he actually predicted the texans to win the super bowl before the season started..

maybe 2 wrongs make a right..
Old 10-01-2012   #40
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I saw Around the Horn today and cracked up. One of the topics was which 4-0 team is luckiest to still be 4-0. They only discussed Arizona and Atlanta and then the host says something to the effect of "we didn't bother talking about Houston since they are killing everyone."

We went from no coverage for being bad to no coverage for being good.
LMAO. Some things never change I guess.

I found myself complaining a lot about respect/coverage; but I've since discovered that winning is satisfying enough, and that I'm done giving a rat's ass about fishing for praise in the media.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read