Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2012   #1
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What Jets Fans Saying About The Upcoming Game (I Agree With Them)

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=74525

It's already at 5 pages. Man, it's good to be a Texans' fan.

Here's my favorite line from the thread:
Quote:
I expected a s**t show against the 9ers, and it happened. I'm expecting a diarrhea-show against the Texans.
Old 10-01-2012   #2
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 23062 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What Jets Fans Saying About The Upcoming Game (I Agree With Them)

Wow, how far have we come?

Man, I still remember that 2 win season...
Old 10-01-2012   #3
mokalus
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 mokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=74525

It's already at 5 pages. Man, it's good to be a Texans' fan.

Here's my favorite line from the thread:
I usually don't understand why people like to check out other team's forums, but in this case, I thank you for the link.
mokalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #4
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173371 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

We're about to get sanchized...
Quote:
you guys act like we will just lay down against the Texans. They've only won 4 games against an easy schedule. We beat them the last couple of times we played them remember?

It's not like the Texans will use the wildcat, which was a problem today.

We always play better with our backs against the wall, and the media hating on us.

Every week an heavy underdog beats the favorite in this league, next week it could be us. It's not like Sanchez had bad games before, this guy led us to 2 Championship games.

He will beat the texans, he always does
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
you guys act like we will just lay down against the Texans. They've only won 4 games against an easy schedule. We beat them the last couple of times we played them remember?

It's not like the Texans will use the wildcat, which was a problem today.

We always play better with our backs against the wall, and the media hating on us.

Every week an heavy underdog beats the favorite in this league, next week it could be us. It's not like Sanchez had bad games before, this guy led us to 2 Championship games.

He will beat the texans, he always does

Old 10-01-2012   #6
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think this game is anywhere near the gimmie that a lot of people (These Jets fans for instance) think it will be. Teams that take this much abuse from their fans and the media during the week tend to get their backs up and play hard. The Jets are getting roasted by just about everyone with an opinion on them and they were humiliated Sunday. They're going to play hard and if the Texans buy into all this Jets bashing and Texans hype they could lose that game.
Old 10-01-2012   #7
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hervoyel View Post
i don't think this game is anywhere near the gimmie that a lot of people (these jets fans for instance) think it will be. Teams that take this much abuse from their fans and the media during the week tend to get their backs up and play hard. The jets are getting roasted by just about everyone with an opinion on them and they were humiliated sunday. They're going to play hard and if the texans buy into all this jets bashing and texans hype they could lose that game.
bingo!
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-01-2012   #8
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9534 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected

No Darrelle Revis and Santonio Holmes doesn't hurt the Texans chances to win this game. But I'm not feeling overly confident just because I don't want to overlook the Jets.
Old 10-01-2012   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't think this game is anywhere near the gimmie that a lot of people (These Jets fans for instance) think it will be. Teams that take this much abuse from their fans and the media during the week tend to get their backs up and play hard. The Jets are getting roasted by just about everyone with an opinion on them and they were humiliated Sunday. They're going to play hard and if the Texans buy into all this Jets bashing and Texans hype they could lose that game.
This is my fear. They got trashed by the Steelers, they barely pulled one out against the Dolphins, then then got SMASHED by the Niners.

We're going into their house and they're like an injured honey badger.

This could be a war.

I don't see how we don't crush them, though.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #10
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
What I see from this year's Texans is showing me they are dead serious
about the "1-0 every week mantra" they've been using, especially
since they went 7-0 during a stretch last year.

I thought they'd have dropped their guard a little against the Titans, but
they have not come out flat as a team since maybe early last season.
That shows me the coaching on this team, across the board, is top notch.
I'm definitely not used to seeing this from a Houston NFL team, but
that's what we've got here.

As a Texans fan, I can tell the Jets are gonna get smashed in THEIR OWN
house, on national TV. It will be such a great game to watch.
Old 10-01-2012   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: What Jets Fans Saying About The Upcoming Game (I Agree With Them)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
No Darrelle Revis and Santonio Holmes doesn't hurt the Texans chances to win this game. But I'm not feeling overly confident just because I don't want to overlook the Jets.
Jets + Tebow = me being worried, and I hate that that makes sense....

(and I mean Jets as one worry and Tebow as another worry)
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Any given Sunday (or Monday).

That being said, I fully expect the Texans to dominate the Jets on MNF.
Old 10-01-2012   #13
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Jets running game...not good
Jets passing game...not good
Jets defense without Revis...not good

49ers vs Jets...34-0....not good

Texans stomp Jets on MNF

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #14
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Going by statistics and standings this should be another dominating victory for the Texans, dear god that Jets defense really fell off a cliff when Jenkins was done. They have a couple of really young good DE's (Wilkerson, Coples) but their offense has been absolutely putrid.
Old 10-01-2012   #15
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

i doubt we shut them out or win by 34+

typical texans victory, something like 27-7
Old 10-01-2012   #16
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
i doubt we shut them out or win by 34+

typical texans victory, something like 27-7
LOL, yeah, I love their fans college football-esque blowout predictions. Are we capable? Yes. Will Kubes hit the brakes after we go up by 3 scores? Yes. It seems we are good to give up a touchdown a week, so I'm going with 24-7. If our head coach was Bellichek.... 62-31.
Old 10-01-2012   #17
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Well it's a good thing the Jets have the Messiah on their roster, because they are going to need an act of God to come close to winning this game.

The Jets are allowing 27 points a game on average, and are second worst in the league by allowing 172 rushing ypg. Their pass defense is much better ranked 4th with only 197 ypg, but I'm sure much of that was achieved while Revis was still playing. I think their pass defense is not nearly as good now with him out of the picture. The Jets defense is a shell of its former self from a few years and AFCC games ago. I would not worry about the Texans offense in this game, but rather how well our run defense will stop their attack. That seems to be the only weakness they will be able to exploit. However, it's tough to come back from being down when your most effective plays are running.

Sanchez is going to be torn up by the Texans defense. I know he had a good game against Buffalo (who pretty much sucks at defense), but he's simply not worth the money he is making. He's a terrible QB who is consistently inaccurate on his mid-range and long throws. If he has to hit a receiver in motion going across the field, you know half the time it will be thrown behind or well in front. His timing is awful, his vision is poor, the only things he does well consistently are short slants and checkdowns. He's a career mid 70's QB rating type of guy, who probably couldn't beat out Yates if he was on our roster. Sanchez needs to be replaced, but I doubt the Jets will do that any time soon. I won't be surprised to see the Jets tank the rest of the season to get the next USC over-hyped wonder kid Matt Barkley.
Old 10-01-2012   #18
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 30516 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
. He's a terrible QB who is consistently inaccurate on his mid-range and long throws.
Apparently you have not seen the commercial where Sanchez throws the ball clear out of Reliant stadium with an open roof and hits a farmer or someone in the midwest square in the chest. Quite impressive I say.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #19
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

From the Jets board:

Quote:
This is all I'll say about the upcoming texas game.

Jets=ragdolll
Texans=excitable doberman pup....

The question isn't who will win, it's whether they can find all the pieces of the Jets afterward...

When did Jets fans start trolling themselves?

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #20
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4782 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
From the Jets board:

When did Jets fans start trolling themselves?
It's the yankee way. When they meltdown, it's "Nuke-ulur". LOL

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read