Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2012   #41
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boo Birds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Just make it a drinking game.

For every boo you hear, drink a beer.

Then you won't hear much of anything. Problem solved.
I run a high probability of getting punched in the face because I get mouthy when I drink (big surprise).
Old 10-01-2012   #42
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
We expect better. Bottom line.
Exactly. With all the hype at the end of last year, the expectations of Shaub's return and the fan base growing from game to game, anything less than the AFC championship will be unacceptable as far as most fans are concerned.

When we come out flat against Miami for almost the whole first half, people will boo because we can NOT afford to do that against the upper echelon of teams. When we get backed into our own endzone by a far inferior team considering who we are supposed to be, people will boo.

It's just the nature of the expectations that fans have built up over the past couple of years. Being a Texan fan of old, I'm still very nervous if we don't have a comfortable 2 score lead. I will cheer my head off when we do good, but the fans should let the coach have it when the playcall is subpar. This is not the YMCA, it is the NFL.
Old 10-01-2012   #43
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I run a high probability of getting punched in the face because I get mouthy when I drink (big surprise).
Old 10-01-2012   #44
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Exactly. I have to explain this every week.

"WHY ARE THEY RUNNING THE BALL! WHY!?!?!"
"Umm...because it's 3rd and 11 on our own 5 yard line?"

Also I think Kubes has handled it well. One thing I am noticing against lesser opponents is very conservative playcalling. He knows that the only way we lose to the Titans or Jags is by beating ourselves. Against the Broncos though he aired it out. I'm expecting the same old conservative playcalling against the Jets since...their offense is not going to beat us, but if you give their offense short fields and turn over the ball then any team can beat you on any sunday.
We agree on the reasons behind those particular plays .... but I think the downfield shots Vs dink and dunk are more a product of what the defenses are doing .... particularly the depth of their safeties. When those safeties are playing up , those long plays are safe plays .... Very little risk of a turnover when they are in stride with a reciever. When they are playing back in a deep zone , they are able to make more plays on the ball sideline to sideline .... those deep throws become a bigger risk.

Jax played their safeties in another county .... and their LBers were at depth often too .... what we saw was the offense take advantage of that by pounding the ball on the ground and controling the clock.

Denver played their safeties up aggressively .... and they went deep often and with great result. Denver wanted to stop the run .... and paid for it.

The Tits were somewhere between the two , they took a downfield shot or two but the results werent what they were Vs Denver .... Schaub spread the ball underneath those safeties controlling the clock with a mix of runs and completions.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #45
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i remember there were some boo'sss yesterday on the texans it was 14-7 or around that time i forgot what 4 but yeah

hey people pay good money 2 do whatever they want cant stop it

on my side some people were acctually trying to get the wave started
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #46
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Best Wave I've ever been a part of was the 2008 Pro Bowl. It went around Aloha Stadium serveral times, (I think around 12), before it started to die down. It was also great to see Meco out there reppin the Texans as I dawned my expansion Jersey for the umpteenth time.
Old 10-01-2012   #47
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Exactly. With all the hype at the end of last year, the expectations of Shaub's return and the fan base growing from game to game, anything less than the AFC championship will be unacceptable as far as most fans are concerned.

When we come out flat against Miami for almost the whole first half, people will boo because we can NOT afford to do that against the upper echelon of teams. When we get backed into our own endzone by a far inferior team considering who we are supposed to be, people will boo.

It's just the nature of the expectations that fans have built up over the past couple of years. Being a Texan fan of old, I'm still very nervous if we don't have a comfortable 2 score lead. I will cheer my head off when we do good, but the fans should let the coach have it when the playcall is subpar. This is not the YMCA, it is the NFL.
I don't care how anyone rationalizes it, booing your team is stupid. It has absolutely no chance of affecting anything in that game. Kubiak doesn't give a flying fornication thru a rolling confection what a bunch of liquored up fans think of his play calling. He isn't going to be altering his play calling over it. The players sure as hell don't appreciate it. If you think you are helping pump them up by cheering them then the obvious flip side is you take wind out of their sails when you boo.

If you want to be constructive and consider yourself a superior play caller to Kubiak then call in to his show and talk to him. Not every HC affords their fans such an opportunity. We have all sorts of team leaders who appear on radio as well. Talk to them politely instead of being an inconsiderate boob in the stands.

/rant
Old 10-01-2012   #48
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

There was definitely some booing going on, early in the game, but, seemed like the team wanted to boo themselves after a couple dumb plays also. All part of the game, and on any given Sunday. I don't like it, and definitely won't do it, but, it's gonna happen when fans get frustrated.

The "wave" is always irritating, as is the stup*d beach ball thing that some fans think is so COOL!! So glad to see the yellow shirts stop that crap. I HATE it and get booed bigtime everytime I manage to catch the ball. It brings me great joy to deflate the darn thing!

Another thing that was irritating Sunday was the "chant" some fans in the Bullpen kept trying to get going, which is a trademark chant for the Ravens. If your gonna try to estalish a CHANT for our team, make it original, and not one another team uses. JMO!

Overall, I think Sundays game day was so much better than most Titan games. Extra security for no reason! lol I guess all those VY homers finally bought a TEXAN jersey and got on the wagon!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #49
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I don't care how anyone rationalizes it, booing your team is stupid. It has absolutely no chance of affecting anything in that game. Kubiak doesn't give a flying fornication thru a rolling confection what a bunch of liquored up fans think of his play calling. He isn't going to be altering his play calling over it. The players sure as hell don't appreciate it. If you think you are helping pump them up by cheering them then the obvious flip side is you take wind out of their sails when you boo.

If you want to be constructive and consider yourself a superior play caller to Kubiak then call in to his show and talk to him. Not every HC affords their fans such an opportunity. We have all sorts of team leaders who appear on radio as well. Talk to them politely instead of being an inconsiderate boob in the stands.

/rant
I agree, but I was just offering my take on it from a psychological POV if you will. I have personally never boo'd my own team. I leave that to pompous yankees up in the Northeast. Interestingly though, after the booing vs Miami and the Titans...it seems the play picked up a little...so maybe somebody does care. Maybe the players go, "Gosh, the home crowd just boo'd us, let's give them something to cheer about." Instead of this whole new emo, YMCA attitude of, "Please cheer us regardless of how we do and we'll take a trophy too, thanks."

Again, I personally wouldn't boo, but yelling obscenities at your team and booing is the same thing and I wouldn't look down my nose at someone if they chose to boo. What's the difference between booing at the game, cursing at the TV at a public venue, or expressing your disgust with certain things on a forum? In one way or another it all gets back to the team, and real men who get paid millions of dollars don't want to let down their fan base and they get motivation out of it. To quote Cush, "Ain't no puppies out here".

Additionally: People who claim they don't care about rep, probably do somewhere deep down inside. However, instead of crying about it, they should seek to make better posts then they wouldn't make false claims about not caring about rep. People, interested enough in their team and that teams competitive fire usually have a little competitive fire of their own, and it reflects in their personal life. That's what sports is about, and we celebrate our victories and suffer our losses with our team, as we live vicariously through them on the gridiron.
Old 10-01-2012   #50
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
What's the difference between booing at the game, cursing at the TV at a public venue, or expressing your disgust with certain things on a forum?
Not sure of the point here - during the game nobody in the stadium is listening to the comments out at the Texans Grill in City Centre.

Quote:
In one way or another it all gets back to the team, and real men who get paid millions of dollars don't want to let down their fan base and they get motivation out of it. To quote Cush, "Ain't no puppies out here".
I agree they will eventually hear the fans' opinions and they need to be professionals about it. I just think there are better ways of providing fan feedback.
Old 10-01-2012   #51
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Quote:
Not sure of the point here - during the game nobody in the stadium is listening to the comments out at the Texans Grill in City Centre.

I agree they will eventually hear the fans' opinions and they need to be professionals about it. I just think there are better ways of providing fan feedback.
If you wouldn't have split the sentences, one led to the other.
Old 10-01-2012   #52
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I have no problem with it. It's not incessant like say in Philadelphia and it gets their attention a little bit.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
i remember there were some boo'sss yesterday on the texans it was 14-7 or around that time i forgot what 4 but yeah

hey people pay good money 2 do whatever they want cant stop it

on my side some people were acctually trying to get the wave started
I was in 609, the guys behind me tried that, I think they were the first ones. We had a few fans try to explain to them not to do the wave while we're on offense.

Later, they started it on the other side, behind the Titans bench. The guys behind us were like, "Look, they're doing it!!"

We were like, "We're on defense bitx...... make some noise!!!"
Old 10-01-2012   #54
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
hmm... they seemed to play better after the booing.

Old 10-02-2012   #55
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
hmm... they seemed to play better after the booing.

Confirmation bias.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read