Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-01-2012   #61
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Can we talk about the big fat elephant in the room for a second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
So they had 86 yards on 17 carries through 3 quarters (that's over 5YPC) and most everyone is just brushing it off like no big deal? OK, it's not a big deal, I get that. But it's a potential pitfall. How many yards total did Foster rack up, by the way?
I kinda agree with you eriadoc, it is a concern, but only a small one. The Titans were not playing to win the game through most of the game. Not just the 4th Qtr, or the 3rd qtr. It was like they conceded early. They were running in obvious passing situations, what are we supposed to do?

It's like playing black jack & you're the only one at the table that knows how to play.

Again, we "knew" we had run defense issues before this game. I don't think this game did anything to "highlight" a weakness or uncover something for other teams to build on.

Miami is the 5th best rushing team in the league right now & we played them pretty well, warts & all. It's a problem, just not as big as what Sunday's game would make you think.
Old 10-01-2012   #62
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Does it matter that the Titans preferred to get some meaningless yards on the ground once the game was in hand? They ran for over 100 yards in the 2nd half when the game was already in hand for the Texans. The Titans were afraid to pass. When Watt & Co. weren't dismantling their QBs, the Texans secondary were posing in the end zone. The run defense was and has been a non-issue.
It looked to me like the Titans just gave up on winning the game at some point in the 4th quarter. They kept running the ball and it was obvious that this was to run the clock out and get the heck out of there. They looked defeated on the sideline, from Munchak on down to the players and other coaches.

Our D was playing the pass, and with a 3-4 line, it's easy to run the ball and gain yards. But the running game was never a true threat, so I think the Monday morning coaches looking at stats are a bit over-reactive a this point.

Even at 14-7, I never felt that the Titans had a chance.
Old 10-01-2012   #63
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
... it is a concern, but only a small one.
Well, that's all I've said, really. Personally, I would much rather talk about these small problems while enjoying the afterglow of a 20+ point win to get to 4-0 than what we all endured the first several years. You didn't point out small concerns in the early years because there were no small concerns. The entire team was a flaming pile of crap LOL. This discussion is rather refreshing. Oh woe is our team! They won by 24 and gave up 141 inconsequential yards!

LOL

Sometimes on this forum, you can't raise a concern without someone else blasting off without even considering a little perspective. (not saying you're doing that, just a general comment)
Old 10-01-2012   #64
sandman
All Pro

Rep Power: 67652 sandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respectedsandman is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans has a total of 13 Offensive series:

10 series netted 20 yards or less with 7 series resulted in punts, 3 in turnovers, and only two (the TD drives) that crossed the Houston 40 yard line.

Specifically speaking to CJ and the impact that he had on the game, it should be noted that in the two touchdown drives, he racked up 83 of his 146 yards.

This is bad in a way, because it shows that when he was getting the yardage, they were scoring TD's. It should be noted though that he gained 44 yards on that second "gimme" TD drive.

But it is also good in a way, because it shows that in their other 11 offensive series, he only gained 58 yards.

Outside of the TD drives, he only had 3 rushes that were greater than 5 yards.

So in 85% of their offensive attempts, we held him to an average of 6 yards PER SERIES.
sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #65
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Working on how to misquote GP...
It's not all that hard. Here's an example of how to do it:

"All you have ever done is slam Arian Foster. You want the guy to fail, and here's your chance. And saying that vegan diet is complete garbage? Shows how little you know."

See?

1. I have not "always" slammed Foster. I tend to roll my eyes and post my criticisms of certain 'I'm smarter than everyone else" stuff he tends to fall into, which is just his personality--The free-thinker, philosophical type.

2. I have not wanted him to fail. He needs to be the Arian Foster of old, the guy who looked toned and strong and had stamina.

3. I don't think the vegan diet is garbage. It'll be great for him when he's retired from the game and wants to live the remainder of his life that way. But right now? He needs to get back to the good stuff. Milk and honey and meat.

There. Some of you who love to misquote me, you can just copy and paste whatever you want. Edit it how you want. Knock yourselves out with it.
Old 10-01-2012   #66
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

LOL

Sometimes on this forum, you can't raise a concern without someone else blasting off without even considering a little perspective. (not saying you're doing that, just a general comment)
I know what you mean. I mentioned a concern with Jjo &... let's just say I caught some flak... even though it later came out that there was some groin concerns.
Old 10-01-2012   #67
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Some of you who love to misquote me, you can just copy and paste whatever you want. Edit it how you want. Knock yourselves out with it.
What GP really meant to say:

Quote:
Kiss my damn ass!!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #68
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
What GP really meant to say:

Thorn knows how to read between the lines. He's been around awhile, as in "Prehistoric era."

Old 10-01-2012   #69
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thorn knows how to read between the lines. He's been around awhile, as in "Prehistoric era."

That's why I'm so smart and always right.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #70
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I cut down trees. I skip and jump. I like to press wild flowers.

I put on women's clothing and hang around in bars.
GP.

He's a lumberjack and he's OK.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #71
GP 
Go Texans!

TPN,

Does everybody here need to know how my wife's fantasy football team is beating your team by over 50 points this weekend? You need Herculean efforts by Marshall and Ogletree tonight.

I've seen some misquoting in my day, but yours takes the cake! LOL.
Old 10-01-2012   #72
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
GP.

He's a lumberjack and he's OK.
LOL, I had to rep that. Hilarious.
Old 10-01-2012   #73
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not going to lie and say that i'm not a little worried about it. When you consider he hadn't had a game where he rushed for more than 25 yds..it is a bit concerning.

But what i also believe is that Wade's still holding back a little. The only reason i say this is b/c we've done very little blitzing these 1st 4 games. & i remember by the end of last year, we were blitzing a lot.

Go back & look at that 1st Baltimore game. Ray Rice had a field day running the ball on us to the tune of 101 yds on 23 carries. By the time that playoff game rolled around, Rice had only 60 yds on 21 carries and was not a factor whatsoever. & we blitzed like a mofo in that playoff game so...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #74
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

the texans had the longest active streak of not allowing a 100 yard rusher before sunday.. relax..
Old 10-01-2012   #75
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Simply put, we will know alot more about this team heading into our bye week. For now, we keep winning and with a mix of different ways each time. The sign of a great team.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #76
miter saw
Rookie

there is always a week spot the trick is to be able to choose where your week spot is depending on the team your playing good job coaches
miter saw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #77
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 128249 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by miter saw View Post
there is always a week spot the trick is to be able to choose where your week spot is depending on the team your playing good job coaches
Old 10-01-2012   #78
miter saw
Rookie

wheres the week spot for the ravens game thats the one to be talkig about or the pats
miter saw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #79
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
wheres the week spot for the ravens game thats the one to be talkig about or the pats
1. Spelling.
2. Punctuation.

"Where's the weak spot for the Ravens game? That's the one to be talking about. Or the Pats. "

And that's kinda the point. The Pats had 2 RBs go over 100 yards yesterday and the Ravens have Ray Rice.

If we have a weakness against the run, we're going to be exposed against those teams.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #80
eriadoc
Texan-American

Quote:
This past weak? Or next week?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read