Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2012   #321
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: The improbable improvement of Kareem Jackson

Instead of wondering where he suddenly got football talent, everyone just admit they were wrong about him. He had a horrid secondary coach his rookie season in David Gibbs. It has taken time to undo that damage.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #322
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

It just takes a long time for a lot of young corners to get acclimated to the NFL. I don't doubt what the previous poster just said, though.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #323
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Instead of wondering where he suddenly got football talent, everyone just admit they were wrong about him. He had a horrid secondary coach his rookie season in David Gibbs. It has taken time to undo that damage.
I'm not admitting anything because I've had faith in him all along.

I saw the improvement he made and that is really all that matters. As they say you're either getting better or worse and Kareem has improved from year to year.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #324
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

He had a crapload of bad games. He needs at least a few more big games to make up for that.

I'm happy to admit when I'm wrong. It happens so often, I'm quite used to it.

At this point, it certainly looks like I was too quick to write him off.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #325
noxiousdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 6013 noxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respectednoxiousdog is a quality contributor and well respected

It's especially hard on corners because you should expect passes to be completed at a 60% clip.

I'm glad he's gotten better though. Not all guys do.
noxiousdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #326
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I admit it!

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #327
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

He sure had himself a helluva game today!
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #328
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 89551 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

replace his "rookie" season in '10 with his real first season in '11 - jackson has been exactly as advertised.

'10 he was the leader of the kiddie corners without a coach in sight. deion sanders would've looked like phillip buchannon in that situation. the setting being fubar is being polite.

'11 he has wade and vance, and platoons the #2 spot as he should've his first season. solid play, shows development, will be a capable corner with experience and pretty good with coaching.

scratch the 2010 season, erase it from your memory and judge kareem jackson on what he's done since.

Last edited by Scooter; 09-30-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Scooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #329
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1719 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I will happily eat crow. That being said his technique and talent is and was not good at all his first and second year. He is a work in progress and could not be happier for his game today. He earned it! I just hope he continues to improve.
1-0.
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #330
TheEastwood
Veteran

Rep Power: 935 TheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respectedTheEastwood is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I admit nothing. Jackson did suck his first year here.... Massively. Last year he was better but still got picked on (especially in that Saints game). This year, he's markedly better and playing great so far.

I call em like I see em. If a player sucks, I'll call him out. If he's good, I'll give props. KJ been playing well, so.... props
TheEastwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #331
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
replace his "rookie" season in '10 with his real first season in '11 - jackson has been exactly as advertised.

'10 he was the leader of the kiddie corners without a coach in sight. deion sanders would've looked like phillip buchannon in that situation. the setting being fubar is being polite.

'11 he has wade and vance, and platoon's the #2 spot as he should've his first season. solid play, shows development, will be a capable corner with experience and pretty good with coaching.

scratch the 2010 season, erase it from your memory and judge kareem jackson on what he's done since.
Coaching aside, we also had little to no pass rush in '10 as well. Bullman & Barwin were out for the season early. Cushing (our most dynamic player at the time) was suspended the first four games & Demeco (our best defensive player & leader) missed 10 games. Eugene Wilson didn't make the season either did he?

1st round pick, yeah, a lot should be expected of him. But I think we were piling it on way to thick. Poor coach, poor defense.... nobody shined on that defense.
Old 09-30-2012   #332
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Whether some of want admit you were wrong or not, that's up to you.

But the word "improbable" in the thread title is INAPPROPRIATE and needs to be REMOVED.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #333
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119538 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't put my 2 cents in this thread. KJ has come a long way. What a pleasure to watch a player grow like he has. I was wrong for making fun like I did.

No matter his performance next week (within reason ), he's fun to watch knowing where he was three years ago.
Old 09-30-2012   #334
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Whether some of want admit you were wrong or not, that's up to you.

But the word "improbable" in the thread title is INAPPROPRIATE and needs to be REMOVED.
My, my,...somebody has too much starch in their Wranglers today.

I don't have to admit to anything because I never said he doesn't belong...I said he needs to hurry his ass up and get there. I think that's pretty much been the sentiment of all us "haters," Marcus. LOL.

Put on some relaxed fit jeans and let the boys breathe, Marcus. It's liberating.
Old 09-30-2012   #335
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEastwood View Post
I admit nothing. Jackson did suck his first year here.... Massively. Last year he was better but still got picked on (especially in that Saints game). This year, he's markedly better and playing great so far.

I call em like I see em. If a player sucks, I'll call him out. If he's good, I'll give props. KJ been playing well, so.... props
^^^^
This

He has improved. But how much wont be known until after he faces Rodgers/Brady/Stafford/Cutler etc....

If I'm wrong I will have my crow smothered with brown gravy. After this season.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #336
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

All the standard responses of a Chris Myers part 2 thread.

Open a few old Chris Myers thread and away with the copy and paste.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #337
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
^^^^
This

He has improved. But how much wont be known until after he faces Rodgers/Brady/Stafford/Cutler etc....

If I'm wrong I will have my crow smothered with brown gravy. After this season.
You, sir, don't deserve any topping or seasoning on your crow! Nice and plain for you, yes, nice and plain!
Old 09-30-2012   #338
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
All the standard responses of a Chris Myers part 2 thread.

Open a few old Chris Myers thread and away with the copy and paste.

If KJ improves to the point he's considered by some to be the top corner in the league (as Myers is sometimes mentioned at his position) that would truly be something.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #339
Lucky

Rep Power: 132950 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
scratch the 2010 season, erase it from your memory...
This year's team is helping me forget a lot of bad seasons.
Old 09-30-2012   #340
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
My, my,...somebody has too much starch in their Wranglers today.

I don't have to admit to anything because I never said he doesn't belong...I said he needs to hurry his ass up and get there. I think that's pretty much been the sentiment of all us "haters," Marcus. LOL.

Put on some relaxed fit jeans and let the boys breathe, Marcus. It's liberating.

It never ceases to amaze how anyone with any football smarts at all, cannot see how a pass rush helps out the secondary. It's just as fundamental as you could possibly get. Jackson was a rookie on a defense that had NO pass rush. Nada. Zip.

Yet, HE sucked.

Right.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read