Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-15-2012   #81
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Super Mario not so super so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
DEMECO!!!!!

Actually, you could break it down like this... who are the "leaders" from that class:

Jay Cutler, QB
Maurice Jones-Drew, RB
Brandon Marshall, WR
Marques Colston, WR
Demeco Ryans, LB
Chad Greenway, LB
AJ Hawk, LB
DeAngelo Williams, RB
Nick Mangold, C
Devin Hester, PR/KR
Haloti Ngata, DT
D'Brickashaw Ferguson, T
Jahri Evans, T
Tamba Hali, DE
Mario Williams, DE
Elvis Dumerville, DE
Antonio Cromartie, CB
Cortland Innegan, CB

If I had a do-over and 20-20 hindsight, I'd probably go DeMeco or MJD. If I just had to pick from the original options, I'd go Mario.
Give me Ngata,Evans,Hali,Ferguson/Mangold/Cutler/Marshall/Jones-Drew and Colston over MW. Maybe even Cromartie.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #82
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1876 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
DEMECO!!!!!

Actually, you could break it down like this... who are the "leaders" from that class:

Jay Cutler, QB
Maurice Jones-Drew, RB
Brandon Marshall, WR
Marques Colston, WR
Demeco Ryans, LB
Chad Greenway, LB
AJ Hawk, LB
DeAngelo Williams, RB
Nick Mangold, C
Devin Hester, PR/KR
Haloti Ngata, DT
D'Brickashaw Ferguson, T
Jahri Evans, T
Tamba Hali, DE
Mario Williams, DE
Elvis Dumerville, DE
Antonio Cromartie, CB
Cortland Innegan, CB

If I had a do-over and 20-20 hindsight, I'd probably go DeMeco or MJD. If I just had to pick from the original options, I'd go Mario.
Ngata every single time. A nightmare for offenses and IMO a FHOFer
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #83
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 321362 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Profootballreference.com has a "value" stat. And the player with the highest overall value from that draft class is:

Ngata.

1-32 goes like this:

1. Haloti Ngata -- 12
2. MJD -- 60
3. Jahri Evans -- 108
4. Jay Cutler -- 11
5. Greg Jennings -- 52
6. Marques Colston -- 252
7. Joseph Addai -- 30
8. Marcus McNeill -- 50
9. Brandom Marshall -- 119
10. Nick Mangold -- 29
11. Reggie Bush -- 2
12. Tamba Hali -- 20
13. Cortland Finnegan -- 215
14. D'Brickasaw Ferguson -- 4
15. Santonio Holmes -- 25
16. A.J. Hawk -- 5
17. Mario Williams -- 1
18. Vernon Davis -- 6
19. DeMeco Ryans -- 33
20. Eric Winston -- 66
21. Owen Daniels -- 98
22. Kamerion Wimbley -- 13
23. Antonio Cromartie -- 19
24. DeAngelo Williams -- 27
25. Daryn Colledge -- 47
26. Chad Greenway -- 17
27. Johnathon Joseph -- 24
28. Elvis Dumervil -- 126
29. Kyle Williams -- 134
30. Jeromey Clary -- 287
31. Charlie Johnson -- 199
32. Antoine Bethea -- 207

So, as we suspected, the Texans had a DAMNED fine draft that year, selecting 4 players who are ranked in the top 32 of that draft. And that's the best from that draft. The Saints, Colts, Packers, Broncos, and Chargers had 3 players in the top 32 from that draft.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #84
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37668 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
DEMECO!!!!!

Jay Cutler, QB
Maurice Jones-Drew, RB
Brandon Marshall, WR
Marques Colston, WR
Demeco Ryans, LB
Chad Greenway, LB
AJ Hawk, LB
DeAngelo Williams, RB
Nick Mangold, C
Devin Hester, PR/KR
Haloti Ngata, DT
D'Brickashaw Ferguson, T
Jahri Evans, T
Tamba Hali, DE
Mario Williams, DE
Elvis Dumerville, DE
Antonio Cromartie, CB
Cortland Innegan, CB

I'd probably go Ngata. Mario & Hali come in second. I'd have to watch some game tape on Hali before I could decide.

No way I use a #1 pick on an ILB, so no Meco. I'm also not a fan of using a top pick on a RB, since their shelf life is so low.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #85
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Turns out he was not using an ergonomical pen when he was endorsing one of his big-ass paychecks. That'll learn him!
I was under the impression it was from too many tweets. It's hell on your joints.
Old 09-16-2012   #86
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Profootballreference.com has a "value" stat. And the player with the highest overall value from that draft class is:

Ngata.

1-32 goes like this:

1. Haloti Ngata -- 12
2. MJD -- 60
3. Jahri Evans -- 108
4. Jay Cutler -- 11
5. Greg Jennings -- 52
6. Marques Colston -- 252
7. Joseph Addai -- 30
8. Marcus McNeill -- 50
9. Brandom Marshall -- 119
10. Nick Mangold -- 29
11. Reggie Bush -- 2
12. Tamba Hali -- 20
13. Cortland Finnegan -- 215
14. D'Brickasaw Ferguson -- 4
15. Santonio Holmes -- 25
16. A.J. Hawk -- 5
17. Mario Williams -- 1
18. Vernon Davis -- 6
19. DeMeco Ryans -- 33
20. Eric Winston -- 66
21. Owen Daniels -- 98
22. Kamerion Wimbley -- 13
23. Antonio Cromartie -- 19
24. DeAngelo Williams -- 27
25. Daryn Colledge -- 47
26. Chad Greenway -- 17
27. Johnathon Joseph -- 24
28. Elvis Dumervil -- 126
29. Kyle Williams -- 134
30. Jeromey Clary -- 287
31. Charlie Johnson -- 199
32. Antoine Bethea -- 207

So, as we suspected, the Texans had a DAMNED fine draft that year, selecting 4 players who are ranked in the top 32 of that draft. And that's the best from that draft. The Saints, Colts, Packers, Broncos, and Chargers had 3 players in the top 32 from that draft.
Addai 7th? AJ Hawk 11 spots higher than Joseph?

I call shenanigans. I'd sure like to see the formula used to derive that value.
Old 09-16-2012   #87
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously?

I would everyone to go back and watch the steelers game. Mario played well for us. Was he worth the money? No but folks here are bad mouthing him like he was some scrub. i swear I think our fans are some of the most uneducated of fickle there is. If they are not whining about something they are not happy.
Old 09-17-2012   #88
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75355 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Best thing I have to say about that #1 pick is that it is over. None of those 3 players is on their original team anymore and I'm glad it's all water under the bridge. All 3 were over-hyped big time and it turns out all the arguments over who was the best were a total waist of time.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #89
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 352273 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Bills fans looking for Mario:

https://twitter.com/i/#!/search/real...3MarioWilliams
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #90
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

That wasn't funny, it was sad. All this excitement in Buffalo about getting a big name superstar defensive end and nothing to show for it.\

How do you let the Pats score 52 points on you? No sacks at all... jeez
Old 09-30-2012   #91
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

hey, paying a defensive lineman with work ethic issues 100 million dollars will totally be worth it ...

/redskins, bills
Old 09-30-2012   #92
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 165380 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
That wasn't funny, it was sad. All this excitement in Buffalo about getting a big name superstar defensive end and nothing to show for it.\

I saw a few plays late in the game today and Mario was in on the tackle and the announcer said, "Mario Williams...FINALLY." I thought maybe this was a bad sign myself...lol.
Old 09-30-2012   #93
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's the problem. He has no sack at all. Hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #94
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Andy Wade ‏@HouCounterplot
What does Mario Williams and Monica Lewinsky have in common? They're both screwing Bills.

------------------------

Even an ESPN NFL analyst is in on the fun:

Steve Levy ‏@espnSteveLevy
really thought the texan's defense would miss mario williams atleast a little...not at all

------------------------

scott pianowski ‏@scott_pianowski
"Wow, we really miss Mario Williams." -- Nobody in Houston
Old 09-30-2012   #95
GP 
Go Texans!

Mario's twitter profile says this:

Black Buffalo Bill. Laid back on the no stress express BBWOLF AUTOSPORTS!

And I am not kidding. He's laid back on the "no stress express" alright. And seems like he's in love with his autosports too. So much money, so little time.
Old 09-30-2012   #96
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 141560 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario Williams - Lamborghini body, Yugo motor.
Old 09-30-2012   #97
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 95025 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

What the Bills are witnessing is the real spectacle that is Mario Williams: A man with the athleticism and measurables to make history, but won't commit to figuring out how. He is indeed a freak of nature in the way he will not dedicate himself to elevating his game despite possessing the physical tools to do so. The Bills didn't waste that $50 million, they bought themselves the 8th Wonder of World mediocrity.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #98
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

bills are getting so screwd money wise LOL

no about Connar Barwin ....... ???????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #99
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

In the immortal words of Joel Buschbaum...

Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #100
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2070 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Honestly, serves them right. I may be holding a petty grudge, but I remember when he signed with Buffalo it wasn't enough for their fans to be excited for the signing.

Even their own GM took one. I remember (either at a press conference or a radio interview) he mentioned how they'd use him where he "belongs," and never have him drop back in coverage (as if we used him almost extensively in coverage).

Mario isn't the only one to blame for this, I'm pretty sure Dave Wannstedt has a lot more to do with why they're struggling defensively, but it's still nice to see Bills fans complain after they dogged on Houston so much after getting Mario.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read