Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2012   #41
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Week 5 Texans @ Jets - Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I have little respect for the damage Tebow can do to Houston's defense. Big Ben?, I get that as a bulky guy that can hurt you after eluding a lineman, but Tebow not so much.

To me, Tebow does not belong in the QB crowd listed in your post.
He has a knack for making defense sort of freeze up, hesitate.

He took out the Steelers in the playoffs last year, Showtime. I'm not saying that we crown him yet. I don't think he's that good, honestly.

I am just saying that Rex is goofy like his daddy was. He thinks he can maybe put a spark in the team's ass, on MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL, at home, by putting in the guy that so many people think can save them from themselves. Pun intended.

That's not me saying he's good. I'm only saying that if I know Rex Ryan, he's going to flirt with the idea. Nobody can be so naive as to make themselves think that the Jets brought Tebow to NY to just let him sit there and take three snaps a game, to be a rah-rah guy and that's it.

All of this is the perfect storm for the Jets to nudge Ryan into the direction of trying Tebow out, in as perfect of a storm as could be presented tbh, juuuuust to see if it works. They're already going to lose if they start Sanchez, so why not throw a curve ball and see if the relief pitcher makes a difference?

Holmes will likely be out. They have no running game. Tebow would be minced meat against us, but Sanchez even more IMO. Rex Ryan is desperate. Nobody is going to blame him for it if he tries it, so I think he ends up trying it.

Remember: Everyone thought I was nuts for saying the Dolphins would cut Troy nolan after about two weeks into the season..."The Dolphins have a legitimate need at Safety, GP! You have a tin foil hat GP! Ha ha!" and yet the Dolphins did what I knew they would do. Rex will start Tebow OR at a minimum he'll yank Sanchez and replace him....and the crowd will go nuts for it.
Old 09-30-2012   #42
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
true, but most here are texans fans ... and own up to being absolutely wrong.
I hope the guy is wrong every single week for the rest of the season and playoffs.

I actually think he's pulling reverse jinx here. It's brilliant. And we're trying to mess it up.
Old 09-30-2012   #43
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4923 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullBlitz View Post
No one on this site offers award-winning, expert analysis. It's a message board intended for casual discussion.
Actually a lot of people here do offer GREAT analysis...much better than 90% of what you get on the NFL network IMO...which is a lot of cliche driven junk ex-NFLers get paid to spew because somehow ex-NFLers saying said junk makes it more credible...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #44
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
He has a knack for making defense sort of freeze up, hesitate.

He took out the Steelers in the playoffs last year, Showtime. I'm not saying that we crown him yet. I don't think he's that good, honestly.

I am just saying that Rex is goofy like his daddy was. He thinks he can maybe put a spark in the team's ass, on MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL, at home, by putting in the guy that so many people think can save them from themselves. Pun intended.

That's not me saying he's good. I'm only saying that if I know Rex Ryan, he's going to flirt with the idea. Nobody can be so naive as to make themselves think that the Jets brought Tebow to NY to just let him sit there and take three snaps a game, to be a rah-rah guy and that's it.

All of this is the perfect storm for the Jets to nudge Ryan into the direction of trying Tebow out, in as perfect of a storm as could be presented tbh, juuuuust to see if it works. They're already going to lose if they start Sanchez, so why not throw a curve ball and see if the relief pitcher makes a difference?

Holmes will likely be out. They have no running game. Tebow would be minced meat against us, but Sanchez even more IMO. Rex Ryan is desperate. Nobody is going to blame him for it if he tries it, so I think he ends up trying it.

Remember: Everyone thought I was nuts for saying the Dolphins would cut Troy nolan after about two weeks into the season..."The Dolphins have a legitimate need at Safety, GP! You have a tin foil hat GP! Ha ha!" and yet the Dolphins did what I knew they would do. Rex will start Tebow OR at a minimum he'll yank Sanchez and replace him....and the crowd will go nuts for it.
Bullpuckey, they already knew you were nuts!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2012   #45
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 56992 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurvinator11 View Post
I said all offseason that this is the game where all of the talking heads start saying Tebow should start, because we will dominate.

It's almost a perfect storm at this point. Jets are coming off of a huge defeat, Texans are 4-0.

It can go either way, Jets could get the win.

Or, The Texans will blow them out.

I guess we will find out in eight days.

As for my prediction, I bet the vets remember that painful comeback victory two years ago and dominate up front.

DOMINATE!!!!
Go Texans!
Yes, it was nothing pretty. And it happened on more than one occasion.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #46
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 52595 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope the guy is wrong every single week for the rest of the season and playoffs.

I actually think he's pulling reverse jinx here. It's brilliant. And we're trying to mess it up.
ahhhhh so he's the mario williams is a loser - in team form.
Old 09-30-2012   #47
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

*** thread warning, cliche ridden post ahead ***

Jets crash an burn, Texans ride off into the sunset victorious.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #48
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkcookie View Post
Actually a lot of people here do offer GREAT analysis...much better than 90% of what you get on the NFL network IMO...which is a lot of cliche driven junk ex-NFLers get paid to spew because somehow ex-NFLers saying said junk makes it more credible...
The NFLN Game Highlights crew just spent an amazing amount of time talking about how bad the Jets are today.

Even when the Jets suck really REALLY badly, they still get the same amount of air time. LOL. It's like a disease.
Old 09-30-2012   #49
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
ahhhhh so he's the mario williams is a loser - in team form.
Bingo.

So really I just need everyone to BACK OFF of the guy, please.

Do not mess this up.
Old 09-30-2012   #50
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 25876 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have this weird feeling that Rex is going to start Tebow against us.

We have historically not defended a mobile QB very well. Vince Young, David Garrard, Cam Newton.

I think Vick is the only time I have seen us really bottle in a mobile QB on a consistent basis the whole game.

Rex will try and throw us a curve ball by featuring Tebow, at home, on a big setting such as MNF. Bank on it.
I think that any history before last year is completely irrelevant at this point. But I did think before the season that whatever the Jets had cooking with Tebow would get unveiled in the game against us on MNF. Not so sure about that anymore since the Jets have to be pretty desperate. Things haven't exactly worked for them aside from the first game. At some point you do whatever you can to win the game, even if that means unveiling the Tebow offence full force ahead of schedule.

In other words, I think the Tebow experiment has already failed in NY, and they're not going to surprise us by anything next week.
paycheck71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #51
GP 
Go Texans!

On NFLN, a poll of fans had *70% saying Jets should switch to Tebow.

*Survey conducted at Chick-Fil-A locations in the southern and midwestern states, however.
Old 09-30-2012   #52
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't discount the Tim Tebom in primetime magic factor!!!

But seriously, I think they are probably in the same talent range as the Jags and Titans so we should handle business pretty efficiently.

Let's say 26-10 to the good guys.
Old 09-30-2012   #53
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

All I know is that Em Diggy will predict that our running backs are about as talented as the Jets. Skill set wise
Old 09-30-2012   #54
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 164415 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

"My Prediction?"

"Pain"
Old 09-30-2012   #55
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 164415 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The NFLN Game Highlights crew just spent an amazing amount of time talking about how bad the Jets are today.

Even when the Jets suck really REALLY badly, they still get the same amount of air time. LOL. It's like a disease.
Dem Jets

Old 09-30-2012   #56
OilerTexan
Rookie

Texans 30
Jets 9
It's over by half time.

Each week we get dressed up, we bring our ball, but nobody wants to play with us. They go through the motions, but I just get the feeling they would rather play with someone else.
OilerTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #57
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Dem Jets
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #58
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3101 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
On NFLN, a poll of fans had *70% saying Jets should switch to Tebow.

*Survey conducted at Chick-Fil-A locations in the southern and midwestern states, however.
what about Greg McElroy?
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #59
SCOTTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

No Revis
No Holmes
No run game
And not one but 2 bad QBs

5-0
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #60
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 33104 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope to the Heavans they start Tebow....

Stack the box and bring the pain....

Texans - 31
Jets - 15

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read