Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-30-2012   #61
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jjo... what's up?

Is JoJo expected to play today? He was out for Thursday practice. I'm wondering if that contributed to him losing a step on the Stokeley play. I thought he played very well, and the secondary did as well. My only complaint is that we had chances to pick off Manning and didn't. Those kinda things are going to matter in close games.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #62
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
jjo could have had 2 INTs jumping routes and broke up that pass to thomas from behind him. all in man, maybe your expectations are a bit too high, jjo wasnt perfect last year and he isnt perfect this year. but overall he shuts shiit down and keeps big plays to a minimum.. he and kareem give wade the freedom to leave his cbs on an island and send the rush. its a risk, guys will get open, your line wont always get to the qb..
But that is exactly my point.

My opinion was that JJo did not have a career day like McLame suggested.

He did make or almost made a number of plays, but he was also involved in some subpar play.

Just for clarification:

- Yes, he did jump and narrowly missed an INT, but on the second one, the receiver was right there to play defender, JJo had no chance to make the INT.
It was a nice pass breakup, that's for sure.

- The pass break up from behind early in the game was a PI that was not called.
I like our CB to push the envelope (I had talked about this a few years back), but it was still a non-called PI that went our way. We'll take it.

- JJo was called for holding on a play that McCain had stopped another receiver short of the third down conversion.

- JJo was beat deep on a pass that Manning missed the receiver in the corner for a shouldabeen easy TD (not the one that Thomas stepped oout of bound beyond the end zone.)

- JJo was invloved in at least 4 other plays in which there were either coverage breakdown or his not being able to stick to the receiver; luckily we were able to keep the damage to the minimum - also thanks to Thomas for dropping some passes.

- Thomas would have caught another short pass for a first down, but Demps helped out JJo by jumping the route and broke up the pass.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #63
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Is JoJo expected to play today? He was out for Thursday practice. I'm wondering if that contributed to him losing a step on the Stokeley play. I thought he played very well, and the secondary did as well. My only complaint is that we had chances to pick off Manning and didn't. Those kinda things are going to matter in close games.
I don't think so.
I agree with Phil Simms that the Texans were probably anticipating a different route by Stokley.

They probably expected that Thomas kept running the same route, with Demps going to the side line to cut him off.

They seemed to expect that Stokley would cut to the outside, in which case, JJo would cut him off. It certainly looked like that was his intention.
Old 09-30-2012   #64
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Gee actually it amazes me, I've had Colt fans tell me that they don't ever remember Peyton being harrassed that much or frustrated as much as we were able to pressure him. Since they watched him during his entire career, I'm also going to take their word. I also record alot of shows like AFC playbook and strictly remember them talking about our man to man coverage which goes against everything our previous coaches taught so what are you talking about?

Were there dropped passes in the game, Yes there were multiple drops in the game, but the pressure up front also helped force those throws and drops. Did you happen to watch the "football life, Tom Coughlin" episode? In the words of Bill Parcells.. You don't just get lucky, you create your own luck and this team is doing that every Sunday. McCain was the only guy who I thought struggled last Sunday and since Stokely and Peyton can pretty much finish each other's sentences, I'm not that surprised. I had no problem with Kareem or Joseph (The PI call on Kareem was absolute crap).
When I mentioned "RS/FB) defense, I was only talking about that particular play and those in the following drives in the 4th quarter when the Texans came with a straight 4-man rush with no disguise in neither pass rush scheme or coverage.

They were able to bring some pressure, but there were also plays in which Manning had too much time to throw the ball.

And the results were 14 points by the Broncos.
Old 09-30-2012   #65
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101586 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
When I mentioned "RS/FB) defense, I was only talking about that particular play and those in the following drives in the 4th quarter when the Texans came with a straight 4-man rush with no disguise in neither pass rush scheme or coverage.

They were able to bring some pressure, but there were also plays in which Manning had too much time to throw the ball.

And the results were 14 points by the Broncos.
Well I'm pretty sure late in the game Houston went into a prevent defense. They wanted to eat up clock and cause the Broncos to string multiple plays together without taking a chance of giving up a huge play. The strategy would've worked great if we didn't have a bullcrap P.I. penalty called in the endzone and if Tate didn't fumble the ball.

You also aren't going to pressure a QB on every play and not one as good as Peyton who does such a great job at moving in the pocket. Those guys get paid too, alot of the criticism by Fidder comes off as nitpicking. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the other guys.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read