Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-30-2012   #341
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Who should I start" thread

I also have Ogltree but thats scraping the barrel. I think I'd rather risk it with Forte
Old 09-30-2012   #342
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I also have Ogltree but thats scraping the barrel. I think I'd rather risk it with Forte
Too late now, but I would've considered Ogie on Monday night w/Forte uncertain. Good luck.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #343
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I've got a couple of RB dilemmas in 2 different leagues and need some more opinions other than my own.

League 1 - Should I go with Cardinals Ryan Williams against the Rams? Or Carolina DeAngelo Williams at home against the Seahawks?

League 2 - Willis McGahee at NE? Or Steven Jackson at home vs Arizona

Right now I'm leaning towards R. Williams and McGahee. Thoughts?
Old 10-04-2012   #344
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I've got a couple of RB dilemmas in 2 different leagues and need some more opinions other than my own.

League 1 - Should I go with Cardinals Ryan Williams against the Rams? Or Carolina DeAngelo Williams at home against the Seahawks?

Ryan williams and Mcgahee for sure. Arizona and seahawks are run stopping defenses....
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012   #345
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97166 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Arrow Re: The "Who should I start" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

R. Wiliams and mcghee.

Seahawks defense is legit. D. Williams competes for carrys with Stewart, Tolbert, and Newton. R. Williams has better odds for success.

McGhee because I think denver's offense will be in the redzone more often and provide better scoring opportunities for him. I also think NE will be up early in the game and guard the pass more as the game goes into the 2nd half.

Could be wrong on both accounts but thats how i'd approach it.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #346
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Rivers vs NO or Cam Newton vs SEA?

I'm scared to start Cam. The Seahawks are downright thuggish.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012   #347
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97166 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Rivers vs NO or Cam Newton vs SEA?

I'm scared to start Cam. The Seahawks are downright thuggish.
Rivers
Old 10-09-2012   #348
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

So it`s by week time for me... so no Cam Newton (Im actually kinda relieved ;-). Right now I have Andy Dalton as my back up and he has a good matchup against Cleveland. But so far he has been meh this year, so I took a look at the waver wire. Here are my other options:

Alex Smith vs. Giants - had a monster week, but will have more trouble against the Giants. I could see the 49ers run the ball a ton.

Christian Ponder vs. Washington - great matchup, Ponder looked great, but Im still not really comfortable with him back there.

So, Dalton, Smith or Ponder, who would you take?
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #349
majestrate
Veteran

Rep Power: 6672 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected

If it were me, I'd go with Dalton. I'll be hoping that he throws 40% of his attempts to the Law Firm
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #350
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
So it`s by week time for me... so no Cam Newton (Im actually kinda relieved ;-). Right now I have Andy Dalton as my back up and he has a good matchup against Cleveland. But so far he has been meh this year, so I took a look at the waver wire. Here are my other options:

Alex Smith vs. Giants - had a monster week, but will have more trouble against the Giants. I could see the 49ers run the ball a ton.

Christian Ponder vs. Washington - great matchup, Ponder looked great, but Im still not really comfortable with him back there.

Dalton for sure.... He got 300+ yards and 3 TDs when he played the browns in week 2... no reason not too
Old 10-09-2012   #351
Joeycharp89
Veteran

Rep Power: 651 Joeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respectedJoeycharp89 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post

'

Dalton, I'm actually trying to trade for him to fill in for Drew Brees this week. I like Ponder, but right now he's a game manager for the potential for a good game. Not a great game, just good.
Joeycharp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #352
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks guys, Ill stay with Dalton then!
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #353
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Start 3 Non-PPR

Bowe Vs Buccs (either gets me 20 points or 6, it alternates each week)
Floyd Vs Broncos ( 10 point game or nothing... )
Wanye Vs Jets (jets shut down dre... but 10 points consistant and a 30 pointer career high last week)
Maclin Vs Lions (Looks great when healthy, doesn't play when not... but he's against the Lions)

also have Andrew Hawkins vs Browns, but i don't see any reason to start him.
Old 10-11-2012   #354
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
Start 3 Non-PPR

Bowe Vs Buccs (either gets me 20 points or 6, it alternates each week)
Floyd Vs Broncos ( 10 point game or nothing... )
Wanye Vs Jets (jets shut down dre... but 10 points consistant and a 30 pointer career high last week)
Maclin Vs Lions (Looks great when healthy, doesn't play when not... but he's against the Lions)

also have Andrew Hawkins vs Browns, but i don't see any reason to start him.
Wayne, Bowe... toss up on the other two.
Old 10-11-2012   #355
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

I know it is dumb to ask about a kicker, but I can't decide on who to keep. Jason Hanson DET or Matt Bryant ATL. Thoughts?
Say Watt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #356
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
I know it is dumb to ask about a kicker, but I can't decide on who to keep. Jason Hanson DET or Matt Bryant ATL. Thoughts?
You really want to get all the points you can... I go Hanson. Just cause i think ATL will just score the TDs...
Old 10-11-2012   #357
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Bryant for me, but it's close.
Old 10-11-2012   #358
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
You really want to get all the points you can... I go Hanson. Just cause i think ATL will just score the TDs...
Well they both kick in a dome so you cant go wrong there. I've got bryant and have been satisfied so far. Without having looked at scoring offense I feel like atlanta has the more consistent offense. I'd go bryant.
Old 10-11-2012   #359
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks you guys. Seems it is as close in your eyes as it is in mine.

I tried to rep you, but MSR.
Say Watt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012   #360
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

RB Alfred Morris (WAS) MIN
RB CJ Spiller (BUF) @WSH
RB A. Bradshaw (NYG) @SF

Only got 1 spot.

EDIT: Leaning Morris.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read