Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-28-2012   #21
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vegas: Top super bowl odds>>>>>>Texans

I'll believe it when I see it, and I really wanna see it.

There were two years the Oilers could have won the SB, but the Steelers were in our way. Things happen. I want to see a SB win for us before I go to the great computer gaming console in the sky.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #22
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

There were two years the Oilers could have won the SB, but the Steelers were in our way. Things happen. I want to see a SB win for us before I go to the great computer gaming console in the sky.
I hear you Thorn and I ain't too far behind.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #23
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

This is exactly how I feel.

I liked what Arian Foster said about power rankings. He said power rankings are worth less than a piece of trash on the street because at least you might be able to recycle the piece of trash. Vegas' Super Bowl odds are just another form of a power ranking.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #24
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Nohohohohoooooo!...I'm ignoring these bozos. Last year the pundits predicted the Texans would come in last. If we give them credence it'll jinx the team. I'm ignoring them!

"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #25
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Damn Y'all!!! We need to slow this train down!!

We have a damn fine team but we have 13 games to go!

Tranquillo, POR FAVOR!!!

I expect the Texans to have a nice season, but after 45 years of being miserable, my expectations are much less than most of the younger posters!!!!

That said, I demand a 19-0 season.......... EFF YOU 1972 Miami Dolphins!!!!

If I might paraphrase the Movie "Blazing Saddles" :

"Howard Johnson...I mean Texan Bill is right!"

Don't celebrate UNTIL they get a ring. I've met many a Buffalo Bill fan who celebrated early only to be insanely disappointed.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #26
Lurvinator11
Hall of Fame

Section: My Couch
Rep Power: 12117 Lurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respectedLurvinator11 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Nohohohohoooooo!...I'm ignoring these bozos. Last year the pundits predicted the Texans would come in last. If we give them credence it'll jinx the team. I'm ignoring them!

I don't remember them predicting a last place finish, I remember a 2nd place finish, but not last....

Keenum is not the QB of the future.
Lurvinator11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012   #27
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 173167 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TackHammer View Post
After watching them play the Browns last night I'm not so sure.
Should have been a blow out.
divisional games are not all that predictable. too much familiarity.
that's why I'm not nearly as confident as other folks about this upcoming game with Tennessee.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012   #28
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 76577 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
divisional games are not all that predictable. too much familiarity.
that's why I'm not nearly as confident as other folks about this upcoming game with Tennessee.
I feel ya Obis, I've been swinging like a pendulum on that very same thing. I finally said to myself "to hell with it." I've got eyes and see what I see. I can look at the stack up of both teams. I'm not saying the Tits are a pushover but at the same time I do say they're NO MATCH for us. The only thing I can see making this game not a blowout for the home crowd to feast on are turnovers and special teams play.

I say they come out focused and take care of bidness. That's why I bought a ticket for the game and am gonna hang with the Blue Crew.

I wanna see a good ol' fashion ass whoopin put on the Tits and that's what we're all gonna see.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read