Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-29-2012   #21
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: A&M going "PC" now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by midway View Post
You love UT because of... a lack of gay people?

T-shirt fan much? Because you've obviously never been on campus.
Or anywhere near 6th street
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012   #22
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Why is anyone surprised? They're just gigen em!!
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012   #23
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by midway View Post
You love UT because of... a lack of gay people?

T-shirt fan much? Because you've obviously never been on campus.
No, I think he meant the lack of guys making out (with each other) in the stands.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012   #24
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
No, I think he meant the lack of guys making out (with each other) in the stands.
Austin has a very gay friendly community, and from what I have read in the past, it has the highest concentration of gays in the South. I really don't see why anyone from the "progressive" school of the University of Texas would be making fun of this, unless they are a bunch of gay-bashing *******s with nothing better to do. It's really sad to see that this sort of stuff is still used as an avenue of attack, rather than being ignored as it should be.

Yes there are gay Aggies out there, I knew several when I was in school. Yes they kiss in public. Why is this a big deal?
Old 09-29-2012   #25
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68181 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Austin has a very gay friendly community, and from what I have read in the past, it has the highest concentration of gays in the South. I really don't see why anyone from the "progressive" school of the University of Texas would be making fun of this, unless they are a bunch of gay-bashing *******s with nothing better to do. It's really sad to see that this sort of stuff is still used as an avenue of attack, rather than being ignored as it should be.

Yes there are gay Aggies out there, I knew several when I was in school. Yes they kiss in public. Why is this a big deal?
Quote:
Top Cities Ranked by Percentage:
Rank City Percentage
of City
Population GLB Population
population
1 San Francisco 15.4% 94,234
2 Seattle 12.9% 57,993
3 Atlanta 12.8% 39,805
4 Minneapolis 12.5% 34,295
5 Boston 12.3% 50,540
6 Sacramento 9.8% 32,108
7 Portland 8.8% 35,413
8 Denver 8.2% 33,698
9 Washington 8.1% 32,599
10 Orlando 7.7% 12,508
I think the main reason Horns are laughing about it is because A&M has spent decades characterizing Austin the way you did -- as a bunch of queers (or "whorns").

A&M is also regarded as one of the least gay friendly campuses in America. Sheesh, A&M was the defendant in the first federal case forcing colleges to allow LGBT groups. There's kind of a track record here.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012   #26
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
I think the main reason Horns are laughing about it is because A&M has spent decades characterizing Austin the way you did -- as a bunch of queers (or "whorns").
I stand corrected, I thought Austin was rather high up there on the list. No matter, it wasn't meant to be derogatory, just meant to point out the tolerance of the city. I didn't mean to characterize it like it's just "a bunch of queers", rather I was saying that they are progressive in accepting GLBT types (incredibly so when compared to the rest of the South). One would think that a city which prides itself on diversity would let something like this go unnoticed, if in fact it's not considered weird or deviant.

Quote:
A&M is also regarded as one of the least gay friendly campuses in America. Sheesh, A&M was the defendant in the first federal case forcing colleges to allow LGBT groups. There's kind of a track record here.
Yes, I'm well aware of that, and I have mentioned before how disgusted I was to see a "Straight Pride Parade" on campus while at A&M. A&M has a lot of growing up to do when it comes to minority acceptance, there's no question about that. But as we have acknowledged in countless discussions regarding racism, the best way to overcome bigotry is to not identify people by groups and create further division. Treat humans as humans, no matter how weird they may be.

While I'm sure it's fun for non-Aggies to poke fun at the school over this, it would be best served to accept it as being unremarkable, rather than treat it as deviance and a tool of attacking an entire university. Let the anti-homo Aggies be the one's denouncing it, and maybe they will realize how petty it is to do so. Personally, I would expect more from those who claim to want equal civil rights for gays, especially the ones like yourself who consider themselves "progressive".
Old 10-07-2012   #27
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Yes, I'm well aware of that, and I have mentioned before how disgusted I was to see a "Straight Pride Parade" on campus while at A&M.
Just curious what that is and why you were disgusted by it? Sounds like you are "intolerant" of straight people?

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012   #28
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I would have thought leaving the Big 12 would have eased this obsession Texas has with their College Station counterparts, but obviously I was wrong.
Old 10-08-2012   #29
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Bill...as Esther Rolle? Wow...that...that is something you don't see every day.

TEMP-O-RARY LAYOFFS!

(Good times)

Easy Credit Rip offs!

(Good times)

Scratching and suh-vi-vin'!

(Good Times)

Hangin' in a chowline!

(Good times..aint we lucky we got 'em.)

My favorite.

''Why is the minimum wage always my maximum''? - James Evans Sr

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read