Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-28-2012   #1
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default L.A. City Council approves plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by From the article
We're not trying to steal a franchise and we're not trying to force them to move before they make a decision to move. That's up to the individual owners out there today. But we will be very active in letting them know, despite what a lot of people thought, we have a deal with the city, we've gone through this process and we are shovel-ready.
L.A. City Council approves plan

Fans of poorly supported teams around the league had better pucker up. It looks like L.A. is about to steal a franchise with the league's approval.
Old 09-28-2012   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: L.A. City Council approves plan

I hope its not Jacksonville. The tarps aren't very loud so its like a home game when we play there.
Old 09-28-2012   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 273484 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hate that it has to be anyone. L.A. takes ages to get their act together and yet some of these deluded stooges think they have a chance of luring more than one team to their new stadium. Should make them take back the Rams.
Old 09-28-2012   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to say it because I live here now but the Bucs aren't selling jack here. I know they have some crazy lease in place but we all know those can be broken.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I just hate that it has to be anyone. L.A. takes ages to get their act together and yet some of these deluded stooges think they have a chance of luring more than one team to their new stadium. Should make them take back the Rams.
When an owner moves his team for ridiculous reasons, yeah, I hate it too.
But when a team can't sell out its stadium and has to black out all its home games, I think a move is in order. Man up and support your team or lose them to LA
Old 09-28-2012   #6
Fili
All Pro

Rep Power: 3890 Fili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respectedFili is a quality contributor and well respected

Meh, I don't like adding more teams...
Old 09-29-2012   #7
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fili View Post
Meh, I don't like adding more teams...
relocation not expansion...

if anything it should/could possibly shake up our division and we wont be the only big market in the afcs.. nashville, indy, & jax are terrible markets, houston is a bigger msa than all 3 combined..
Old 09-29-2012   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 172599 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Ranking the teams in likelihood of relocating to LA:

1) Raiders - They're not getting a new stadium in Oakland
2) Jaguars - Can get out of their lease for $60 million, chump change in the NFL
3) Rams - Have an escape clause in 2015
4) Chargers - Have an escape clause in 2013, but are trying to work a deal to stay in San Diego

I think Davis' son will eventually sell and the team moves to LA. It's possible both the Raiders and Rams move and share the stadium.
Old 09-29-2012   #9
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 309459 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

It's about time for Los Angeles to get another NFL team to ignore.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012   #10
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
It's about time for Los Angeles to get another NFL team to ignore.
Or two even.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Did the Vikings solve their stadium problems?
Old 09-29-2012   #12
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 100129 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Did the Vikings solve their stadium problems?
Think that was finally passed and they are getting the deal they wanted.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #13
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Think that was finally passed and they are getting the deal they wanted.
Gotya!
Old 09-30-2012   #14
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 151293 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good to be a Texan. That's my main feeling.

Years ago if this scenario came up you might wonder about Bud. But here, now, I know Bob loves Houston and Houston loves Bob.
Old 09-30-2012   #15
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Are they going to wait till they have a team to actually build it. I seem to remember San Antonio building a stadium but forgeting to get the team.
Old 09-30-2012   #16
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69341 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

lol, LA City Council.

This city and the "people" that live here ruined basketball for me, and make life a living hell every single day from their insufferable nature and general doucheosity. They better not ****ing ruin football for me too.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 151293 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
lol, LA City Council.

This city and the "people" that live here ruined basketball for me, and make life a living hell every single day from their insufferable nature and general doucheosity. They better not ****ing ruin football for me too.
Friendly curiosity here, are you a Texan fan?? If so, I fail to see how California, your home or not, would affect your football mood.
Old 09-30-2012   #18
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 209048 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
When an owner moves his team for ridiculous reasons, yeah, I hate it too.
But when a team can't sell out its stadium and has to black out all its home games, I think a move is in order. Man up and support your team or lose them to LA
A team in LA isnt going to sell out games unless they are winner .... Thats a proven fact. They havent been above to keep how many teams over the years ?!

I think we all know the NFL wants a team there. I feel for the city that loses their team to LA and maybe even worse , I feel for the teams who play in the division with that team that moves to LA .... I can easily envision some bias twards a team from LA because of the money to be made .... Not to mention the home of ESPN.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #19
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

see ya JAGS LOL its been nice playing ya

if for one think the need to re shape the AFC south get the colts out of it there not een in the SOUTH !!!!!!!!!! i wonder if the Rams or dallas would be man enough to leave the NFC and join us oll texans :P
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #20
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
see ya JAGS LOL its been nice playing ya

if for one think the need to re shape the AFC south get the colts out of it there not een in the SOUTH !!!!!!!!!! i wonder if the Rams or dallas would be man enough to leave the NFC and join us oll texans :P
Dallas isn't changing divisions, so you can forget about that. I could see the Rams, Raiders, or Chargers moving there since they all have some ties to LA. If the Rams move to LA, I could see a scenario where the Jaguars could then move to St. Louis.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read