Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2012   #12
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan weaknesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I agree with you that DT/NT is our biggest need, the middle of the D-line needs to be solidified by someone who can hold up to the double teams, stuff the run, and occasionally collapse the pocket on the inside. A better DT/NT will also lessen our need for a better ILB next to Cushing.

We disagree on the RG position. I think our future at RG is on the roster already. I like what Jones can do at RG this year but like you I like him better at C and think that Brooks is the future of the RG position. I think that RT is a bigger need on the O-line, we can't keep up a 2 man rotation forever, it hurts the roster when you've got 2 guys doing the job that 1 should be handling. I think that Newton/Harris is a patchwork for this year and that RT should be addressed in the 2nd round of the 2013 draft.
If Brooks is the future RG then who is the future LG ? Wade Smith is 31. How many more good years do you think he has left?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read