Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-27-2012   #21
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Should I accept this trade" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
So how about this trade given the lineup above:

I trade Adrian Peterson and (Fred Jackson or Andre Brown) for AJ Green and Matt Forte. (It's PPR)

Thoughts? I need another WR, and getting a stud would be nice. I can wait on Forte, but if he doesn't play for a few weeks, I'll be OK.

Adrian and Brown for AJ and Forte... Id do it

i wouldnt trade Jackson if you can wait for his return
SCOTTexans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #22
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In my big money league, my roster currently looks like this:

QB: Eli Manning, Luck
RB: Ray Rice, Andre Brown, Mikel Leshore, Adrian Peterson, Toby Gerhart and Fred Jackson
WR: Antonio Brown, Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams (TB), Malcolm Floyd
TE: Dennis Pitta
K: Matt Bryant
DST: Buffalo

It's a PPR league, so I'm a little thin at WR. Since I now have quite a RB corps, I'm thinking of trying to finagle a trade for a starting WR for one of my RBs. I'm proposing a trade of AP for AJ Green to try to get discussions going. Other possibilities I could trade for are Reggie Wayne, Percy Harvin, Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, etc. I'm thinking a hurt Fred Jackson for the hurt Hakeem Nicks would be great, because the guy who has Nicks also has CJ Spiller. Any ideas on this? I really need another WR.
Never been in a PPR league. Is it 1 pt/rcptn ??

I just cannot fanthom (sp?) trading "All Day" under any circumstances. In fact, I have him, A.J., Schaub, Floyd, and Antonio Gonzalez on my squad with the Jets D-S/T.

But then, as I said, I've never been in a PPR league. Not sure how the pts/reception changes the scoring. I guess it could be an extra 8-14 pts/game over the yardage that AP would provide. ....naaaah
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #23
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

In a different league I'm proposing a trade of me giving up Aaron Rodgers, Fred Jackson and Marques Colston for his Eli Manning, MJD and Kenny Britt. No PPR, 6 points per passing TD, and it's kind of a QB dominated league. I think it's a good trade, but I expect the guy to counter by swapping Fred Jackson for Willis McGahee. I don't want to give up McGahee, but I think it's still a good trade if I have too.
Old 09-28-2012   #24
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In a different league I'm proposing a trade of me giving up Aaron Rodgers, Fred Jackson and Marques Colston for his Eli Manning, MJD and Kenny Britt. No PPR, 6 points per passing TD, and it's kind of a QB dominated league. I think it's a good trade, but I expect the guy to counter by swapping Fred Jackson for Willis McGahee. I don't want to give up McGahee, but I think it's still a good trade if I have too.
It would depend on your other backs...I don't think Jackson has as much value with his injuries and Spillers emergence.

I have Aaron Rodgers and Fred Jackson (my 1st and 2nd overall picks). The are k-i-l-l-i-n-g me. I'm giving Rodgers this start vs New Orleans to do something or I'm trading him myself.
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #25
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
It would depend on your other backs...I don't think Jackson has as much value with his injuries and Spillers emergence.

I have Aaron Rodgers and Fred Jackson (my 1st and 2nd overall picks). The are k-i-l-l-i-n-g me. I'm giving Rodgers this start vs New Orleans to do something or I'm trading him myself.
Other backs are Peterson, McGahee, Tashard Choice and Darryl Richardson. I'm very thin at RB. Lots of good WRs though, AJ Green, Reggie Wayne, Malcolm Floyd and Colston. I can part with one of those guys for a solid RB to play in the flex every week.
Old 09-29-2012   #26
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Well, in the PPR league, I got the guy to accept my Fred Jackson for Hakeem Nicks. We'll see if it goes through, but I think it's even.
Old 09-30-2012   #27
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Ok, I got a counter offer for my non-ppr league. Here's my roster:

QB: Aaron Rodgers, Kevin Kolb
RB: Willis McGahee, Adrian Peterson, Fred Jackson, Tashard Choice, Daryl Richardson
WR: AJ Green, Malcom Floyd, Reggie Wayne, Marques Colston
TE: Dennis Pitta, Fred Davis
DST: Packers

I'm 2-1 in this league, and barely made that much. I'm pretty hurt at RB, and WRs are kind of weak in this league with no PPR. QBs rule, they get 6 points per TD passing, 1 point per 25 yards passing, and -2 for INT or fumbles lost. QBs tend to get a lot of points, so it's good to have a great one. I'm not too happy with Rodgers so far, and I'm willing to bail on him for a guy like Eli Manning. Manning to me is a great fantasy option because the Giants love to throw so much, and he's very clutch. I consider him an upgrade at this point. So here's the offer:

·Britt, Kenny WR TEN
·Jones-Drew, Maurice RB JAC
·Manning, Eli QB NYG
for:
·Jackson, Fred RB BUF
·Green, A.J. WR CIN
·Rodgers, Aaron QB GB

I don't want to give up AJ Green, but he said he could do it for Reggie Wayne instead. I think that's a good deal for me, what do you guys think?
Old 09-30-2012   #28
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

RB: Willis McGahee, Adrian Peterson, Fred Jackson, Tashard Choice, Daryl Richardson

I'm 2-1 in this league, and barely made that much. I'm pretty hurt at RB, and WRs are kind of week in this league with no PPR. QBs rule, they get 6 points per TD passing, 1 point per 25 yards passing, and -2 for INT or fumbles lost. QBs tend to get a lot of points, so it's good to have a great one. I'm not too happy with Rodgers so far, and I'm willing to bail on him for a guy like Eli Manning. Manning to me is a great fantasy option because the Giants love to throw so much, and he's very clutch. I consider him an upgrade at this point. So here's the offer:

·Britt, Kenny WR TEN
·Manning, Eli QB NYG
for:
·Jackson, Fred RB BUF
·Green, A.J. WR CIN
·Rodgers, Aaron QB GB

I don't want to give up AJ Green, but he said he could do it for Reggie Wayne instead. I think that's a good deal for me, what do you guys think?
If QBs really rule.... then I think you stick with Aaron Rodgers. I've had Manning last year and this year, and he'll put up ridiculous numbers one week and disappoint the next. He's streaky.

Rodgers has started slowly, but he's still the #1 fantasy QB by a long shot.

Rodgers > manning.
AJ Green >>> Britt
Jackson << MJD

Thats how I see it. I don't think this is a bad trade, but I probably wouldn't do it. If you could do it for Reggie Wayne it may be worth it, but I still feel like Reggie Wayne is better than Britt

At least wait until next week. Rodgers is probably going to put up big numbers against the Saints and his value will be up. His value is at its lowest right now imo
Old 09-30-2012   #29
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102920 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I'm 2-1 in this league, and barely made that much. I'm pretty hurt at RB, and WRs are kind of weak in this league with no PPR. QBs rule, they get 6 points per TD passing, 1 point per 25 yards passing, and -2 for INT or fumbles lost. QBs tend to get a lot of points, so it's good to have a great one. I'm not too happy with Rodgers so far, and I'm willing to bail on him for a guy like Eli Manning. Manning to me is a great fantasy option because the Giants love to throw so much, and he's very clutch. I consider him an upgrade at this point. So here's the offer:

·Britt, Kenny WR TEN
·Manning, Eli QB NYG
for:
·Jackson, Fred RB BUF
·Green, A.J. WR CIN
·Rodgers, Aaron QB GB

Britt is fodder and your own the losing end. Dont do it unless he upgrades the offer at wr.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #30
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Definitely not doing it for Green, but Wayne I could possibly do. I can counter with Floyd to start, as he's worth less to me than Wayne. Green and Wayne at WR, MJD, AP and McGahee at RB, that would be pretty sweet. Manning at QB isn't so bad, and the upgrade at RB with MJD would probably more than make up for the points lost. I'm really down on Fred Jackson, and I really don't think he will do much this year aside from a few random games. Spiller is just too much better for him to get a considerable share of the load. I'm afraid that if I wait until after the games tomorrow, Fjax won't be worth squat and I'll have to use McGahee instead.
Old 09-30-2012   #31
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102920 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Definitely not doing it for Green, but Wayne I could possibly do. I can counter with Floyd to start, as he's worth less to me than Wayne. Green and Wayne at WR, MJD, AP and McGahee at RB, that would be pretty sweet. Manning at QB isn't so bad, and the upgrade at RB with MJD would probably more than make up for the points lost. I'm really down on Fred Jackson, and I really don't think he will do much this year aside from a few random games. Spiller is just too much better for him to get a considerable share of the load. I'm afraid that if I wait until after the games tomorrow, Fjax won't be worth squat and I'll have to use McGahee instead.
If you can downgrade off of green to a different wr I would consider it...or if he gives you something better then britt. As it stands the deal is basically 3 players for 2. So pass.
Old 09-30-2012   #32
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think Rodgers + Jackson = MJD + Manning is a good trade for you.
Old 09-30-2012   #33
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I think Rodgers + Jackson = MJD + Manning is a good trade for you.
Yeah thats even. My problem is green and britt. If you dont get more value there I balk. Curious to see where those players were drafted in your league and if that can be used as a negotiating tool.
Old 09-30-2012   #34
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Yeah thats even. My problem is green and britt. If you dont get more value there I balk. Curious to see where those players were drafted in your league and if that can be used as a negotiating tool.
12 team draft, number drafted overall:

Rodgers 1
MJD 18
FJax 34
Manning 47
Reggie Wayne 72
Floyd 105

He also has Lesean McCoy, Stevie Johnson, Jeremy Maclin and Santonio Holmes. All are rather inconsistent, so he's looking to upgrade the WR spot. That's why I'm willing to take the hit at WR and upgrade RB. I was trying to pawn off Colston in this deal originally, which makes it even better for me because he's my lowest performing WR.

I made him a counter of Wayne and Fjax for MJD and Holmes. We'll see what happens, but I think he's set on Rodgers for Manning.

Last edited by Dutchrudder; 09-30-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012   #35
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
12 team draft, number drafted overall:

Rodgers 1
MJD 18
FJax 34
Manning 47
Reggie Wayne 72
Floyd 105

He also has Lesean McCoy, Stevie Johnson, Jeremy Maclin and Santonio Holmes. All are rather inconsistent, so he's looking to upgrade the WR spot. That's why I'm willing to take the hit at WR and upgrade RB. I was trying to pawn off Colston in this deal originally, which makes it even better for me because he's my lowest performing WR.

I made him a counter of Wayne and Fjax for MJD and Holmes. We'll see what happens, but I think he's set on Rodgers for Manning.

Im not a fan of that trade... but im really high on wayne this yr. He has always been consistent with his numbers every week... holmes is very inconsistent and drops most of his passes (i have him too) i would love to trade him.... so consider this a loss.

On the other hand... MJD is a really good option, but fred jackson puts up really big number when healthy and he should be healthy and scoring big during the fantasy playoffs.

I wouldnt do this trade because i look mainly at the playoffs. Everything else just gets you there.

Wayne>holmes
MJD=Jackson (in the playoffs)

JMO
SCOTTexans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #36
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Alright should I accept this trade?

I would get AJ Green, MJD, and Cam Newton for Matt Ryan, Greg Jennings, and Doug Martin.

Should I do this?

Currently, my RBs are CJ Spiller, Darren Sproles, Doug Martin, and Michael Bush. My WRs are Megatron, Eric Decker, Amendola (injured), Jeremy Maclin, and Jennings.

So, would you accept this deal?

If not, do you have any suggestions of a deal I could offer. He is 0-5 and wants to shake up his team. I want to take advantage of this and buy low, especially on MJD. I predict he will do what he always does and really turn it on towards the end of the season.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #37
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post

I would get AJ Green, MJD, and Cam Newton for Matt Ryan, Greg Jennings, and Doug Martin.

Should I do this?

Currently, my RBs are CJ Spiller, Darren Sproles, Doug Martin, and Michael Bush. My WRs are Megatron, Eric Decker, Amendola (injured), Jeremy Maclin, and Jennings.

So, would you accept this deal?

If not, do you have any suggestions of a deal I could offer. He is 0-5 and wants to shake up his team. I want to take advantage of this and buy low, especially on MJD. I predict he will do what he always does and really turn it on towards the end of the season.
I'd say take the deal and never look back. To be honest it looks like train robbery to me. Great trade for you...
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #38
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
I'd say take the deal and never look back. To be honest it looks like train robbery to me. Great trade for you...
Matt Ryan is the number 2 QB in fantasy right now. He looks like he has taken the step to become the next elite QB in the NFL. My league allows keepers this year if they were drafted in the third round or later. Ryan would likely be my keeper.

It isn't quite as lopsided as you suggest, but yes I feel good about the deal. Thanks a ton for your opinion. Rep to you.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #39
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Take it and run.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012   #40
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Matt Ryan is the number 2 QB in fantasy right now. He looks like he has taken the step to become the next elite QB in the NFL. My league allows keepers this year if they were drafted in the third round or later. Ryan would likely be my keeper.

It isn't quite as lopsided as you suggest, but yes I feel good about the deal. Thanks a ton for your opinion. Rep to you.
Ah see, keeper status is important. Where was AJ Green selected? Could you keep him? I got him in the 4th in one league, but unfortunately no keepers in that one Where was MJD taken? Could you keep him if he was in the 3rd/4th?

If you are going for broke this year, I would take the trade. Matt Ryan is having a stellar year so far thanks to an easy schedule, but I wouldn't expect this much from him next year when he plays a 1st place schedule (Could get Manning, Eli, Griffin, Luck, etc in the 4th next year instead). Atlanta is on track to have the easiest QB scoring FF schedule, but Carolina is 4th, so it will probably even out in the end. Source Remember that next year the NFC South will not get to play the dumpster fire that is the AFC West.

MJD may be struggling so far this year, but he's a much better option than Doug Martin who has been even more disappointing. Add in the potential for Blount to steal carries and it gets worse for him. I'd go for the super bowl this year and take it!
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read