Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2012   #41
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan weaknesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Whats insulting to me is to be 3-0 and have people starting threads about our team being weak.

But, to each his own ...

No one said anything about our team being weak, on the contrary we all know that the Texans are one of the best teams in the NFL but even the best teams still have weaknesses that can get better. If your truly insulted by the idea of a good team trying to get better then you shouldn't follow any team sports.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #42
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
Weaknesses:

RT, neither Newton (7th rounder in his 2nd season) or Harris (extensive injury history) thrill me with confidence. The rotation of them at the position seems to be working but I don't see either of them at this point being the long term solution to the position. Maybe Newton improves with experience, but he was a 7th round pick for a reason.

DT/NT, we've all noticed the Texans weakness in run defense up the middle. Cody will be a FA at the end of the year and Mitchell doesn't seem to be great, though I think he works well in a rotation at DT. I think Cody leaves at the end of the season and DT/NT should be a high priority in the 2013 draft. We both like the same guys here.

CB, McCain will be a FA at the end of this season and although he's only an average CB, even mediocre CB's can be expensive in FA. I think McCain will be gone at the end of the season and we still don't know what we have in Harris and Carmichael. I think we could use a talent upgrade at CB. You can never have to many good CB's.

WR, even with Jean and Martin I think we could get better at WR. It's a possibility that Walter could be a salary cap cut at the end of the season and even if he's not some better talent to be the future #2 WR with possibility of becoming the future #1 WR would sure be nice.

RG, I think this is currently a slight weakness since Caldwell has been disappointing but I think we've got the talent already on the team to fill the RG spot for years to come. Either Brooks or Jones will most likely be the future of the position.

P, Donnie Jones has been decent but not great and he's 32 yoa. and not getting any younger. Also field position is so important in the NFL so an upgrade seems to be in order here.

FB, I'd like to see us find a real full time FB for those obvious short yardage/goal line situations where Vonta was so valuable. I like Casey's versatility but he's not a real FB when you need to pound the ball in and I haven't paid any attention to Clutts.

ILB, Bradie James has been unimpressive and I'd like to see Dobbins get a shot at being the starter. Dobbins looked real good in preseason. Both James and Dobbins might be one year rentals anyway.
RT, Will be addressed in the draft, possibly in the first 3 rounds, if we don't see improved play at that position this year.

NT, Could also be addressed in the draft, but it will be a lower priority.

RG, We will see Jones take over this position at some point this season. Brooks is the likely future replacement for LG if that happens. Wade Smith is 31.

ILB, is the weakest link on the defense, and will be addressed in the draft, possibly as early as the first 3 rounds. We may see an improvement here if Sharpton returns from the PUP list.
Old 09-27-2012   #43
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Or in the spirit of every message board ever ... have an opinion on the topic and or debate or discussion about said topic. Just because I dont agree with a post doesnt mean I have to auto-bypass making a comment.

I wasnt actually insulted but because I voiced my opinion the other poster said it was insulting so I was showing how it could work both ways.

Do I think it is premature to start talking about weakness after three games? Without a doubt. Some of these supposedly weak players are young and given time my prove to be great assests (see Chris Myers).
I understand the spirit of your perspective. But, we live in a sports culture and this is what fans do. Watching NFL Playbook, All Access, NFL Tonight, talk radio, etc., and it's a lot of stuff about breaking down strengths and weaknesses of teams.

As fans, it doesn't mean we are somehow against our team or anything. I have always thought of the forum as being a virtual bar where friends can sit around and shoot the shit about something we all share a passion for, and these kinds of threads reflect that sort of attitude.

If anything, I think this type of thread results from a fan being excited about the team and wanting more conversation about the team. But, I can remember years ago when the entire forum was depressing and every thread was mostly negative because there was nothing positive to talk about. It is nice these days to have threads devoted to analysis instead of bitchfests, if ya' know what I mean.
Old 09-27-2012   #44
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
At this point in time, I'd like a MLB to replace James, an NT/DT, and then another guy for the OL.
At least the '13 draft is deep at your last two positions. I want to review Dlinemen & see if there is one that could convert to MLB.
Old 09-27-2012   #45
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

I understand that ST isn't a team strength right now, but I don't see it as bad as some make it out to be.

Kick offs are a little weak, but teams are only averaging just under 25 yards per return, the D can mop that up.

Kick Returns need some work. Joe needs to tell Holliday when you catch the ball in the parking it take a knee and get the ball at the 20 for crying out loud. We are averaging a 17 yard return, which the vast majority of teams are in the low to mid 20's. There are some teams well above that number, but they have a long return or two skewing the average from a small sample size.

Punt Returns are middle of the pack at 10 yards. In three games we played in Denver (Hello 30 second hang time!!!), and a punter drafted in the 3rd round. Holliday needs to get better or put Martin in there, not a huge concern.

Punting distance is in the top third of the NFL, coverage is a little sketchy, as we are in the bottom third. We are giving up about 15 yards per return. I haven't paid attention to DJ's hang time, perhaps he is giving up hang time for distance.

This doesn't look like most of this can't be fixed. These are the kinds of issues where little improvements pay huge dividends. I'm not concerned, other than Holliday makes me a little nervous at times. I sure would like to know if they have someone else that they know will field the ball 100% of the time and hold on to it that they can put in when warranted and justifiably give up the deep return threat.
Old 09-27-2012   #46
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 87188 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I still think a good passing team could carve us up, unless our front 7 continues to dominate....

I think our oline (in turn our run game) is a major question mark. Foster seems to be able to hold his own, but there is a noticeable difference from last season. The right side is a disaster still.

Bradie James is terrible.

Our special teams needs to get a few guys back then prove the pre-season was legit.
Old 09-27-2012   #47
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1720 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Are you really, honestly insulted by that or is this just hyperbole?

Two resolutions for you: 1) don't click the thread, or 2) get thicker skin and save being insulted for something that really matters.
Probably really insulted. It chaps my azzz when people become complacent. This team is not perfect and does have weaknesses. As many have said The run D is not as solid as it can be (ie Reggie Bush, MJD). And like everybody else said Special teams (return teams).

These are the same fans when or if the Texans lose cry bloody murder and call for Kube's head for 1 freaking loss. Play it one game at a time and get better every game. That is One of the main strengths this team does have. Correcting problems mid game and week to week.

1-0!
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #48
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I am on the "Bradie James is extremely mediocre" train as well, but I got to give him props for his play against the run last week.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #49
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 130748 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans weaknesses:

Salary cap
Bradie James
T Holliday
Right tackle (I think the future rg is on the roster now and will improve enough to be considered a solid player/strength)
Goal line offense play calling
Is Earl Mitchell a solid nose tackle if cody goes down? (Nt depth)
Finally, we are the hunted instead of the hunter.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #50
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83971 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I still think a good passing team could carve us up, unless our front 7 continues to dominate....

I think our oline (in turn our run game) is a major question mark. Foster seems to be able to hold his own, but there is a noticeable difference from last season. The right side is a disaster still.

Our special teams needs to get a few guys back then prove the pre-season was legit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Texans weaknesses:

Salary cap
Bradie James
T Holliday
Right tackle (I think the future rg is on the roster now and will improve enough to be considered a solid player/strength)
Is Earl Mitchell a solid nose tackle if cody goes down? (Nt depth)
From a couple of other threads:

Texans averaged 0.51 yards off LT (ranked 31st) and 4.73 off RT (ranked 10th).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

It's not clear how the players were involved, but the difference is big enough to at least show that Newton has been effective in the run game.

I've been saying that there were more poor running plays to the left side and it seems like quite a few people didn't want to believe me.

Also, look at the last table where it shows we ran 6% of the time off LT and 10% of the time off RT.

They did not break down the runs off RG and LG, so on that part, we don't have separate numbers.

There are only 10 teams that allowed fewer QB hits and sacks combined than the Texans.

We allowed 3 sacks and 11 hits (for a total of 14).

Of those 10 teams, 3 allowed 13, 2 allowed 12, 2 allowed 11, and 2 allowed 10.

Buffalo is leading with just 5 QB Hits and zero sack.

I don't know how many of those QB Hits were due to a blitz where the QB did not have enough men to block, but for the Texans, there were a few times that Schaub decided to take to make a play; ie. there was a free blitzer that Schaub is responsible for.

So it's not like we're weak at protecting the QB as compared to the rest of the league.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #51
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 130748 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
From a couple of other threads:

Texans averaged 0.51 yards off LT (ranked 31st) and 4.73 off RT (ranked 10th).

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

It's not clear how the players were involved, but the difference is big enough to at least show that Newton has been effective in the run game.

I've been saying that there were more poor running plays to the left side and it seems like quite a few people didn't want to believe me.

Also, look at the last table where it shows we ran 6% of the time off LT and 10% of the time off RT.

They did not break down the runs off RG and LG, so on that part, we don't have separate numbers.

There are only 10 teams that allowed fewer QB hits and sacks combined than the Texans.

We allowed 3 sacks and 11 hits (for a total of 14).

Of those 10 teams, 3 allowed 13, 2 allowed 12, 2 allowed 11, and 2 allowed 10.

Buffalo is leading with just 5 QB Hits and zero sack.

I don't know how many of those QB Hits were due to a blitz where the QB did not have enough men to block, but for the Texans, there were a few times that Schaub decided to take to make a play; ie. there was a free blitzer that Schaub is responsible for.

So it's not like we're weak at protecting the QB as compared to the rest of the league.
I think newton is in the mold of winston in a lot of ways. Decent now in the run game with the potential to be very good, but poor against a quick edge rush. Stats can often be deceiving and as your aware newton has the benifitt of a guard and a tight end in the run game. I havent given up on the guy as I understand he's a work in progress. I want to see more. Clearly, he is not a texans strength and far closer to a weakness. He may be ok durring the regular season but come the playoffs he'd better have his act together or he will be exploited.
powda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #52
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think newton is in the mold of winston in a lot of ways. Decent now in the run game with the potential to be very good, but poor against a quick edge rush. Stats can often be deceiving and as your aware newton has the benifitt of a guard and a tight end in the run game. I havent given up on the guy as I understand he's a work in progress. I want to see more. Clearly, he is not a texans strength and far closer to a weakness. He may be ok durring the regular season but come the playoffs he'd better have his act together or he will be exploited.
I think Kubes saw Newton as at least comparable to Winston & maybe surpassing by end of season.
Old 09-28-2012   #53
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, this is kinda new for us.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #54
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 64171 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Texans weaknesses:

Salary cap
Two good points here.
Goal play calls have been driving me nuts....almost as bad as the infamous half-back pass.
Old 09-28-2012   #55
badboy
Site Contributor

I think the next draft will be very different for us in that we will not be drafting for positional need to start but more likely backup strength. We should be able to begin soldifying our depth.

NT is my highest priority as I do not see Cody returning in '13 due to cap & age. Mitchell has not proven to be much more than rotational & not sure I'd want to start him '13 in his last contract year.

I'm not sure our RG of future is on roster. I think Jones could handle but prefer him as a center with another OG on right. Can Brooks be that guy? I say go for RG in draft & allow Brooks a '13 to develop and maybe take Wade Smith's place.

2013: LT Brown, LG Smith/Brooks, C Myers/Jones RG Jones/draft pick RT Newton/Harris
2014: LT Brown, LG Brooks, C Jones (Myers will complete his guarantee '13 & is due $5m and $6m in '14 & '15 cut him) RG Draft pick from 2013 RT Newton.

Who knows? Maybe Cody White can be prepared enough to be OG back up by then.
Old 09-28-2012   #56
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125942 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

ST's are the biggest weakness the Texans have. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #57
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think our biggest weakness is the fact that this is a game of attrition and that the clock is ticking for A.J., if not Schaub. However durable they both are, that will fade, hopefully slowly. A.J. apparently gave the team some kind of speech before the playoffs started last year along the lines of, "I'm not going to be in my prime forever and it's time to start (winning, fighting for a SB, whatever)," and that certainly still holds true. They have to do more than they did last year (which it at least looks like they will), and, who knows, if they're going to win it all, this might be the year it has to be done.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #58
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28037 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
NT is my highest priority as I do not see Cody returning in '13 due to cap & age. Mitchell has not proven to be much more than rotational & not sure I'd want to start him '13 in his last contract year.

I'm not sure our RG of future is on roster. I think Jones could handle but prefer him as a center with another OG on right. Can Brooks be that guy? I say go for RG in draft & allow Brooks a '13 to develop and maybe take Wade Smith's place.

I agree with you that DT/NT is our biggest need, the middle of the D-line needs to be solidified by someone who can hold up to the double teams, stuff the run, and occasionally collapse the pocket on the inside. A better DT/NT will also lessen our need for a better ILB next to Cushing.

We disagree on the RG position. I think our future at RG is on the roster already. I like what Jones can do at RG this year but like you I like him better at C and think that Brooks is the future of the RG position. I think that RT is a bigger need on the O-line, we can't keep up a 2 man rotation forever, it hurts the roster when you've got 2 guys doing the job that 1 should be handling. I think that Newton/Harris is a patchwork for this year and that RT should be addressed in the 2nd round of the 2013 draft.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012   #59
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I think our biggest weakness is the fact that this is a game of attrition and that the clock is ticking for A.J., if not Schaub. However durable they both are, that will fade, hopefully slowly. A.J. apparently gave the team some kind of speech before the playoffs started last year along the lines of, "I'm not going to be in my prime forever and it's time to start (winning, fighting for a SB, whatever)," and that certainly still holds true. They have to do more than they did last year (which it at least looks like they will), and, who knows, if they're going to win it all, this might be the year it has to be done.
A.J. is not the key to this offense anymore. Our offense is to versatile and Kubiak is to good an offensive guy to let any one player change the fate of this team. Unless that player happens to be Schaub.
Old 09-28-2012   #60
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 269060 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
I agree with you that DT/NT is our biggest need, the middle of the D-line needs to be solidified by someone who can hold up to the double teams, stuff the run, and occasionally collapse the pocket on the inside. A better DT/NT will also lessen our need for a better ILB next to Cushing.
Well, we may have just found a natural second position of need we could simply plug Trinidon into.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read