Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-27-2012   #101
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 377943 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: LB Joe Mays Suspended 1 Game for Hit on SCHAUB

Adam Schefter @adamschefter
Quote:
Fran Tarkenton said on Fox News that Broncos LB Joe Mays, who had a Van Gogh hit on Matt Schaub, "should have been suspended for one year."
1:58pm - 26 Sep 12
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #102
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266923 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Unbelievably hilarious! MSR.
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #103
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
does this lady ever talk about anything other than brisiel and winston.. oh and stephen hill? smh schaub ran a naked, hes gonna be vulnerable to rushers, mays' intentions were to plant schaub from the get go. clowns like JDR get desperate when he cant stop what youre doing he should have been suspended too..
This LADY's name is Sandy, aka SheTexan, and YES I do talk about other things on this board!! I've backed off CONSIDERABLY after being HARASSED because of my opinion of off season moves. I simply do not have my nose stuck up RSs ass like some of you guys do! When this board ceases being an OPINION board then I will cease posting! I can't even remember the last time I mentioned S. Hill. I preferred him over Posey in the draft, but, such is life. We took our Oline from being one of the best in the NFL last year, to a work in progress, in a year where most people think we should be SB bound. Why mess with something that worked! JMO!!!! I don't want to argue this point anymore, and refuse to do so.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #104
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Lmao at this guy. He doesn't bother trying to break the play down to prove innocence. He just listens to Mays and comes up with this drivel. What a dork

Quote:
The play where Schaub got knocked silly by Mays will go down as an incomplete pass but, in reality, was a train wreck waiting to happen. At the precise moment when the Houston quarterback released the football, Denver defenders Mitch Unrein, Justin Bannan and Mays converged on the spot where Schaub stood unprotected.
Quote:
The tendency for the modern football player to use his helmet as a weapon is a pet peeve of mine. But it's hard to assign malice to the blow delivered by Mays. Of course, I don't have the pedigree of working as a lingerie league ref, but I'm not sure I would have even thrown a flag for unnecessary roughness against Mays.
Rest here
http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...medium=twitter
Old 09-27-2012   #105
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 718 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
At most Mays should've been fined.

That was a clean hit.

A very hard hit, and you know God'ell is trying to eliminate hard hitting in the game.

I would like to hear God'ell or Andersons explination for the suspensions. Mays was intending to injure MS? The job of an NFL LB is to hit any player with the ball as hard as he can? Is that not football anymore? When players get hit hard sometimes they get hurt.

Ask guys that played in the 60-early 80's and they will tell you that's the way the game is suposed to be played.
Um, no. I'm sure it's already be said, but Joe Mays hit him without wrapping up, helmet to helmet, and he actually lowered his head when he hit him. That's all illegal.

He got what he deserved.
Old 09-27-2012   #106
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Lmao at this guy. He doesn't bother trying to break the play down to prove innocence. He just listens to Mays and comes up with this drivel. What a dork

Rest here
http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...medium=twitter
That douche.bag tried to compare Dick Butkis hits being just as vicious. Well duh jackass! That's why many of the players from that era are drooling all over themselves and barely know their names which is the reason why the league is trying to stamp out those types of hits.

I'm against the wussification of the game, but a head shot is a headshot.
Old 09-27-2012   #107
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Reluctant =no,

Numerous = no

I can admit when I'm wrong. Maybe you could use this as a learning tool also. The reason I posted what I did, was at 1st glance it appeared to me that MS tucked his head causing Mays to hit him in the helment. Once again I was WRONG.

Miller at the very least should fined. At first glance I thought his hit was more intentional than Mays hit.
I can learn something???

All I have learned is that in your hate of Goodell you tried to justify a very VERY bad, illegal hit that even if it were somehow deemed by the NFL to be legal...it goes against the spirit of the game.

You're so wrapped up in your own agenda and opinion about how Goodell is ruining "your" game that you tried to poo-poo the hit on Schaub. Only when other posters, here, climbed all over your ass for it did you cave on this one.

And if you changed your mind, it means you didn't have a well-informed opinion to begin with...which was (drum roll, please) your initial opinion based on your anti-Goodell bias that you repeat on here over and over.

And at the expense of our QB, btw. Don't go telling me I have some learning to do. You chose to pump your anti-Goodell agenda and didn't have a leg to stand upon. I do applaud you for having the common sense to actually WATCH the clip, though. That's progress. Congrats on owning up to the obvious.
Old 09-27-2012   #108
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109572 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
This LADY's name is Sandy, aka SheTexan, and YES I do talk about other things on this board!! I've backed off CONSIDERABLY after being HARASSED because of my opinion of off season moves. I simply do not have my nose stuck up RSs ass like some of you guys do! When this board ceases being an OPINION board then I will cease posting! I can't even remember the last time I mentioned S. Hill. I preferred him over Posey in the draft, but, such is life. We took our Oline from being one of the best in the NFL last year, to a work in progress, in a year where most people think we should be SB bound. Why mess with something that worked! JMO!!!! I don't want to argue this point anymore, and refuse to do so.
You tell'em Sandy.

Although I can understand why thet didn't keep the OL in tact. (There wasn't enough $$$$ to re-sign all of the FA's. So Winston and Briesel were sacrificed.)

What I dont understand is why Rick didn't try to trade Winston or ask him to take a paycut. Instead Rick let him walk for nothing. Who knows maybe Rick did try to trade Winston and there were no takers. I doubt it though since Winston got a raise and a new contract with the Chiefs.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #109
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You tell'em Sandy.

Although I can understand why thet didn't keep the OL in tact. (There wasn't enough $$$$ to re-sign all of the FA's. So Winston and Briesel were sacrificed.)

What I dont understand is why Rick didn't try to trade Winston or ask him to take a paycut. Instead Rick let him walk for nothing. Who knows maybe Rick did try to trade Winston and there were no takers. I doubt it though since Winston got a raise and a new contract with the Chiefs.
In other words, Rick did him a favor.

I understand SheTexan being upset that the right side of our line was let go but I think she's more upset at who was let go and how.

I think the way Rick did it allowed Winston and Brisiel to get the best possible deals. It allowed them to name their price and choose their team. He could have traded them to some bottom-feeder and they wouldn't have gotten a chance to re-negotiate their contracts (assuming that they still had time left on their old deals, which I'm not sure about.)

I think Rick did Demeco a favor, too. He sent him to a team that could use Demeco the way he needed to be used and would give him a shot at the playoffs.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012   #110
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
DENVER -- Denver coach John Fox says the NFL has denied Broncos linebacker Joe Mays' appeal and he will miss Sunday's game against the Raiders.

The Texans' Matt Schaub lost a bit of his left ear lobe on the helmet-to-helmet hit he took from the Broncos' Joe Mays.

Mays was fined $50,000 and suspended for one game for his hit on Texans quarterback Matt Schaub last Sunday that sent Schaub's helmet flying and took off a chunk of his left ear.

The Broncos appealed the suspension, but the NFL denied it, Fox said, meaning Mays remains barred from the team's facilities until Monday.

The Broncos are also missing linebacker D.J. Williams, out six games for violating the league's banned-substances policy. Listed behind Mays on the depth chart is rookie Steven Johnson, though Fox did not disclose who would start at middle linebacker Sunday.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/84...-appeal-denied
Old 09-27-2012   #111
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

Good.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read