Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2012   #1
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Gif Animations

I plan on making a good amount of these, so I figure I ought to just throw them in a thread somewhere to avoid load times for people who don't want to load a ton of gifs. I always try to keep them under 5 megs at least, but aim for 2-3 megs. Feel free to post these on other sites, or copy them for your own use. The TexansTalk.com stamp will be on all of the future ones to help generate more visibility for the site.

If you have requests for awesome plays, PM me the game, quarter, and time, it shouldn't be too much trouble to make it. Any Youtube clips are easy to pull down, so send me a link if there are some old plays that you would like to see as a gif. I don't have any of the games before this season saved on my PC, so I'll need source material for old highlights.

I'll be storing all of these gifs in my photobucket folder that can be found here:
http://s465.photobucket.com/albums/r...rts/My%20Gifs/
I have a premium account with unlimited bandwidth, so link away, or upload them to your own account.

So, first up, the Texans' first playoff game against the Bengals:

Old 09-13-2012   #2
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Dutch, you are the man. Your numerous contributions to this board are much appreciated. From the jersey thread to these gifs to your game uploads, etc you are part of what makes this place so awesome.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #3
Javi
Rookie

Default Re: Texans Gif Animations

I think the first too animate too quickly for my tastes.

Here's a decent example on what looks good:

Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
I think the first too animate too quickly for my tastes.

Here's a decent example on what looks good:

Agreed. Slow it down.
Old 09-16-2012   #5
SmoochyTX
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 2158 SmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respectedSmoochyTX is a quality contributor and well respected

Gif of the finger wag from JJ Watt in the Jags game. 1st quarter, 6:03 left is when the play happened but the finger wag is on the replay that show right after. Thanks!
Old 09-16-2012   #6
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 62963 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Credit Rodamn from Clutchfans:

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Feel free to post any other gifs you find related to the Texans in this thread. This is not my monopoly for Texans gifs I'm sure there are plenty of good ones out there like AJ beating Innegan.

Also, put requests in this thread for any game, but please include the time on the clock and the quarter to make it easier to find.

Anyways, I think I'm getting better at this, I got some tips off random websites that I Googled, and I made a much better looking TexansTalk.com logo. I'm going to go back and redo some of the old ones with the new logo at some point. Check it out, first of many gifs to come from this game:

Namaste:

Last edited by Dutchrudder; 09-26-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Dutchrudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2012   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Edit: stupid language filter... Had to reup and remove "Mays hit" as one word in the filename.

Old 09-26-2012   #9
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Been trying to find the andre dragging a cowboys player gif. If someone can post it here, I would appreciate it.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I want Schaub on the sideline, "Where's my helmet?.....Where's my ****ing helmet?!!"

The look on his face, coupled with him demanding his helmet...pure badass.
Old 09-26-2012   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can you slow down the TD to AJ, Dutch.

Also, can you put up a different view of that one?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #12
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Been trying to find the andre dragging a cowboys player gif. If someone can post it here, I would appreciate it.

Video Quality is kind of low, but I made it work.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #13
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe the single best play ever.
Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #14
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 112365 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp View Post

this is the accompanying audio of that play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRcWnVs7Glk
Old 09-26-2012   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Hey guys, in general it's tougher for me to find the defensive plays in the videos, so if you see any big hits that are worth gif'ing, let me know the time on the clock and quarter. Those hits don't show up in the play-by-play, and I can only watch the game so many times before I get sick of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Can you slow down the TD to AJ, Dutch.

Also, can you put up a different view of that one?
Yeah I can do that. I cut out a bunch of the videos last night, but didn't get around to making gifs out of all of them. I have the original broadcast at home and they have a slo-mo version of AJ catching the ball which is pretty cool. I'll post it later.

The reason that TD catch is a bit fast is due to me cutting out extra frames to reduce the size. I try to aim to keep these images under 5 megs, but the longer sequences need more frames removed. I can slow it down more later, but it will still be a bit jumpy due to frames being omitted.
Old 09-26-2012   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaRed View Post

Video Quality is kind of low, but I made it work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp View Post

FK Nice!
Old 09-26-2012   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Hey guys, in general it's tougher for me to find the defensive plays in the videos, so if you see any big hits that are worth gif'ing, let me know the time on the clock and quarter. Those hits don't show up in the play-by-play, and I can only watch the game so many times before I get sick of it.

Yeah I can do that. I cut out a bunch of the videos last night, but didn't get around to making gifs out of all of them. I have the original broadcast at home and they have a slo-mo version of AJ catching the ball which is pretty cool. I'll post it later.

The reason that TD catch is a bit fast is due to me cutting out extra frames to reduce the size. I try to aim to keep these images under 5 megs, but the longer sequences need more frames removed. I can slow it down more later, but it will still be a bit jumpy due to frames being omitted.
Thanks, man.

I will probably ask you to make some gifs of other long pass plays in the first three games (the Walter's catch, the catch on JJo, the catch on Jackson).

If you know where I'm heading to, it would be all the skinny post, corner-post and post routes to compare coverage schemes and ability/awareness of the DBs involved.
Old 09-26-2012   #18
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
FK Nice!
I'm not a fan of the quality of those gifs, and I would like to gif them myself. Do you or anyone else happen to have a copy of those games? I know the one where he's dragging the CB is Dallas 2010. I believe the Cardinals one is from 2009. Or if anyone can locate a good copy of it on Youtube or elsewhere, I may be able to grab it.
Old 09-26-2012   #19
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the GIF I made of this is better. Made it back when it happened, forgot I had it out on Photobucket.

Old 09-26-2012   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

I also made this one. Maybe the single-best OD catch he's made.

One-handed grab for a TD. I think later that season, in the Bills game, OD blew his knee and was out for the season. That sucked.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read