Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2012   #41
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grimes signed by Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Bingo. That game, I still remember it...there was like NOTHING positive that we could do that game. It was the first time I remember thinking "****, it's no use. They sniffing out everything we try to do."

It was miserable. Then there's Sage Rosenfels over there with the clipboard and cap on, yeah...I wonder how we got owned on every single freaking offensive play we attempted??? LOL. Hmm.....
Heh, what do you wanna bet Sage got a game ball for that performance...
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #42
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Why couldn't it be some other tram besides the jets?

I'm upset that we lost him period, but to the jets?
At least it wasn't to the Dolts or the Tit's
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #43
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked Grimes, seemed like a hard runner with good hands. I don't see him succeeding in NY however that team is a mess, just put 8 in the box & dare Mark/Tim to beat you vertically.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #44
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull View Post
Heh, what do you wanna bet Sage got a game ball for that performance...
Exactly! LOL.

And NFLN should have had him as a guest analyst, breaking down the plays with Baldinger there with him.

"So in this package, they tend to do this play...and if it's a hard snap count then it switches to another play like this one here..."

Bastard.
Old 09-26-2012   #45
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
Quote:
Texans sign rookie RB Davin Meggett to practice squad to replace Jonathan Grimes
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #46
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I've been following the Jets RB situation and Shonn Green has no long speed and looks sluggish and their back ups are expansion quality. Grimes is a definite upgrade. He's gonna get some carries...you can bet on that.
hmmm... you make an interesting point here, Vinny.
I might have to make a fantasy football move.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #47
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Signing Meggett is a good move. I liked him a lot during the last college football season, and I liked what I saw in the very limited viewing of him in preseason.

He should push for a roster spot next year.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #48
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I just saw that the Jets are moving Joe McKnight to CB.

That can't be right, can it? Your best option as a backup CB, out of all the CBs that have to be on practice squads, is your backup RB? And so you sign a RB from another team's practice squad to take his place?

The mind wobbles.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #49
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 54152 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post

That can't be right, can it? Your best option as a backup CB, out of all the CBs that have to be on practice squads, is your backup RB? And so you sign a RB from another team's practice squad to take his place?

The mind wobbles.
Can he cover Andre Johnson?
Old 09-26-2012   #50
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 264718 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
Can he cover Andre Johnson?
No, they've got Cromar... uh... Lankst... uhm... Wilso...

I'm sorry, what was the question?
Old 09-26-2012   #51
WolverineFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91085 WolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respectedWolverineFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The mind wobbles.
That's what I've heard as well. Keep in mind he was projected as a CB in college until his senior year and was "supposedly" recruited as a CB by LSU but went to USC to play RB.

I think Powell will be taking over for Green soon and they need another guy for depth with McKnight moving over. That would be Grimes.

Don't really understand why they can't get a guy off the street though. Rex probably thinks he can turn him into Sam Shields 2.0

- The Immortal Bo
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #52
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

The mind wobbles.
Sounds like Rex is stealing from the Bill Belichick school of defensive backfield management.
Old 09-26-2012   #53
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Signing Meggett is a good move. I liked him a lot during the last college football season, and I liked what I saw in the very limited viewing of him in preseason.

He should push for a roster spot next year.
Not hammering you on this one, but would just like to say that Meggett is such a steep drop off from Grimes. In fact, Grimes--in my opinion and in Rey's too--was maybe even better (overall, measured many ways) than Forsett. Maybe the veteran aspect & the blocking aspect Forsett is better at...but running the ball? Grimes was on a different level than Forsett IMO.

It's suckening (new word I just invented) that Grimes got away from us.
Old 09-26-2012   #54
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I've been following the Jets RB situation and Shonn Green has no long speed and looks sluggish and their back ups are expansion quality. Grimes is a definite upgrade. He's gonna get some carries...you can bet on that.
100% agreed Vinny.

I'll wager a cold beer that Jonathan Grimes starts for the Jets at some point this season.

Fantasy owners, stash him on your IR or bench if you have room. Y'all can bookmark this prediction and mock me mercilessly if am am wrong.
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #55
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
100% agreed Vinny.

I'll wager a cold beer that Jonathan Grimes starts for the Jets at some point this season.

Fantasy owners, stash him on your IR or bench if you have room. Y'all can bookmark this prediction and mock me mercilessly if am am wrong.
With how Shonn Greene has been playing, I wouldn't be that surprised. If Grimes picks up the playbook and can block worth a damn, I'd drop Greene to the 3rd back and go with Powell as the #1 and Grimes as the #2. If something happens to Powell, then it's Grimes' time to shine.
Old 09-26-2012   #56
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With how Shonn Greene has been playing, I wouldn't be that surprised. If Grimes picks up the playbook and can block worth a damn, I'd drop Greene to the 3rd back and go with Powell as the #1 and Grimes as the #2. If something happens to Powell, then it's Grimes' time to shine.
In my opinion, Grimes would put up Tate numbers if he was RB2 on our squad.
Yeah, I like the kid that much.
michaelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #57
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not hammering you on this one, but would just like to say that Meggett is such a steep drop off from Grimes. In fact, Grimes--in my opinion and in Rey's too--was maybe even better (overall, measured many ways) than Forsett. Maybe the veteran aspect & the blocking aspect Forsett is better at...but running the ball? Grimes was on a different level than Forsett IMO.

No worries GP. I just happen to disagree with you (and, undoubtedly, countless others).

I will admit to under-rating Grimes out of college. He did prove that he has a lot of talent, and that he belongs on the team. And I, like you (and Rey, and countless others) thought he would make the 53. I too liked Grimes better than Forsett.

However, I dont think that Meggett is much worse than Grimes. He is a natural runner, has good lower body strength, and is a willing blocker. Like I said, I think he makes the roster next year, if not at the end of this year if someone gets injured (knock on wood that it does not happen).
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #58
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 295477 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
...Grimes--in my opinion and in Rey's too--was maybe even better (overall, measured many ways) than Forsett...

Yes, totally suckens.
Old 09-26-2012   #59
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
No worries GP. I just happen to disagree with you (and, undoubtedly, countless others).

I will admit to under-rating Grimes out of college. He did prove that he has a lot of talent, and that he belongs on the team. And I, like you (and Rey, and countless others) thought he would make the 53. I too liked Grimes better than Forsett.

However, I dont think that Meggett is much worse than Grimes. He is a natural runner, has good lower body strength, and is a willing blocker. Like I said, I think he makes the roster next year, if not at the end of this year if someone gets injured (knock on wood that it does not happen).
I'm with rmartin on this one.
Pre-training camp, I liked Meggett a little better than Grimes.

I thought Grimes ran "a little upright" in college (not that the style can't be successful in the NFL - see Eric Dickerson - whom I saw play at SMU; he was a couple years younger than me.)

There wasn't much tapes of Grimes to evaluate his blockings.

I liked what I saw of Meggett in college, including his blocking skills.

Grimes showed very well in PS though, better than Meggett, but neither was used much in blocking so we can't tell hardly anything about that part.

He didn't run upright during PS as I thought he would.
Perhaps he took in Dickerson's advice by heart "I run upright when I see daylight" (but not in traffic).
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012   #60
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Default Jets waive RB Jonathan Grimes

Jets waive RB Jonathan Grimes...

Quote:
Kubiak: "Have to wait and see" if #Texans try to sign RB Jonathan Grimes. Texans liked him in preseason

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read