Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2012   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texan weaknesses

Titans will place us 1/4 thru schedule and should be a win. Hopefully, we will see some backups with Texans getting quality minutes. This team should only get better but I'm interested in what position(s) you think team is weak.

The battle at right guard has me optimistic and Harris may push Newton at right tackle. I still am a bit concerned who steps up if Quin does not re-sign at safety.

I hope we blow up Tennessee and Kubes allows yates to get some playing time second half. Your thoughts?
Old 09-26-2012   #2
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan weaknesses

SPECIAL TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to get this fixed ASAP, or we're in for a huge bite in the ass.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #3
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Running the ball at the end of the game when we have a big lead could use some fine tuning.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #4
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if they will activate Carmichael or Brandon Harris.
Neither have suited up for us.

I did see McCain at outside CB here and there, especially in the second game (third quarter.)
Even Ball was in there a snap or two.

Maybe we can try Ball at safety; after all, he did play there for Wade before.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 118955 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Running the ball at the end of the game when we have a big lead could use some fine tuning.
Would you want to see more of Fossett late in game or Tate?
Old 09-26-2012   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Our defense didn't look very good against the hurry up offense, especially down the middle of the field, the past few weeks
Old 09-26-2012   #7
paycheck71
All Pro

Rep Power: 28606 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
SPECIAL TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need to get this fixed ASAP, or we're in for a huge bite in the ass.
Exactly. Football Outsiders has the Texans ranked dead last in special teams through 3 games, and mentions that as the only reason the Texans aren't #1 overall in their rankings.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2012   #8
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I wonder if they will activate Carmichael or Brandon Harris.
Neither have suited up for us.

I did see McCain at outside CB here and there, especially in the second game (third quarter.)
Even Ball was in there a snap or two.

Maybe we can try Ball at safety; after all, he did play there for Wade before.
This would be a good game to see Harris and Roc but I think Wade wants Ball on field more. Harris needs to get some time to see if he will be Brice's replacement 2013.
Old 09-26-2012   #9
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

-Special teams NEED to get better if we're hoping for a deep playoff run this season.

-Being able to pound the ball late in games with the lead, even when other teams know it's coming and are keying in on it is something we haven't showed yet. This could, and most likely is, a weakness of the offensive line.

-Pass rush from our outside line backers and production from Antonio will elevate this defense even higher than it is.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 214832 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want us to win the game. I don't care if we don't get to see a single backup. I think the Titans are going to be very up for this game and we better be too. When you're on top everybody gives you their best game.
Old 09-26-2012   #11
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Ben Jones, check. Now we need to get RT in check.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #12
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
The Texans only weakness, are weak fans who believe the Texans have a weakness.
Okay, support your position by explaining the weaknesses mentioned so far as really strengths.
Old 09-26-2012   #13
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 73673 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
-Special teams NEED to get better if we're hoping for a deep playoff run this season.

-Being able to pound the ball late in games with the lead, even when other teams know it's coming and are keying in on it is something we haven't showed yet. This could, and most likely is, a weakness of the offensive line.

-Pass rush from our outside line backers and production from Antonio will elevate this defense even higher than it is.
read my mind.
Old 09-26-2012   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We can't beat anyone by 70 points yet. If we can't beat anyone by at least 70 points the Texans are losers. We need to trade away everyone on the team for draft choices, and then fire all the coaches and staff. That'll show 'em.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

We haven't yet proven ourselves to be able to avoid a loss in a trap game. I don't know if this is a weakness that we will show this year (as we have shown it in years past) since this last game against Peyton is really the first real high that we've come off of. But I am hoping that this will not be a problem.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
We haven't yet proven ourselves to be able to avoid a loss in a trap game. I don't know if this is a weakness that we will show this year (as we have shown it in years past) since this last game against Peyton is really the first real high that we've come off of. But I am hoping that this will not be a problem.
I want to see cold determination in all aspects of teams. If Titans score, Texans then march right down field and score. This is a game to dominate and in doing so allow some backups to taste a bit of the wine.
Old 09-26-2012   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Give Schaub more protection. Dude won't make it 16 games if he keeps taking a beating like he did last game.

This team has not been tested enough to really determine all of their weaknesses. We have yet to see them dig themselves out of a deficit, especially late in games.
Old 09-26-2012   #18
SrslySirius
Veteran

Rep Power: 1370 SrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respectedSrslySirius is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans' biggest weakness? They're just too darn good! Hyuck hyuck!
SrslySirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #19
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164009 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Give Schaub more protection. Dude won't make it 16 games if he keeps taking a beating like he did last game.

This team has not been tested enough to really determine all of their weaknesses. We have yet to see them dig themselves out of a deficit, especially late in games.
Although we did see them almost dig themselves into a loss.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 192005 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Although we did see them almost dig themselves into a loss.
They dug themselves a 5 point hole and then scored 21 points.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read