Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2012   #121
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Hartmann's career is over.

No one is going to carry him on their roster taking up a spot while he served that suspension. I thought he had a slim chance with his smaller suspension if he punted outstandingly...but with this long suspension? I highly doubt it.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #122
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 22601 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brett Hartmann suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Hartmann's career is over.

No one is going to carry him on their roster taking up a spot while he served that suspension. I thought he had a slim chance with his smaller suspension if he punted outstandingly...but with this long suspension? I highly doubt it.
Is his suspension only served while on a teams roster? In that case, yeh, the guys career looks to be over. The best part of a season taking up a roster spot and salary cap on a punter isn't a great sales pitch for the guy.
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #123
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
@caplannfl: Former #Texans P Brett Hartmann, who was already suspended 3 games by the NFL, has been suspended 8 more games, per source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Home team fan View Post
For what?
Given the events of this past off-season, probably for having the nickname "Hitman".
Old 09-25-2012   #124
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
Is his suspension only served while on a teams roster? In that case, yeh, the guys career looks to be over. The best part of a season taking up a roster spot and salary cap on a punter isn't a great sales pitch for the guy.

If a player is suspended BEFORE he is cut, he can serve out the suspension while he is unsigned. If he is suspended AFTER he is cut, then the suspension begins if/when he is signed. The initial 4 game suspension reduced to 3 games could have been served out while he was "unemployed," and that is why there was talk of possibly re-signing him after his suspension was served. The 8 game suspension appears to be an EXTENSION (not a new suspension) of the 3 month suspension, and therefore, he should be eligible to return anytime after that period of time if/when a team signs him.

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 09-25-2012 at 09:37 AM. Reason: adding post quote that I responded to.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #125
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
It's a major injury for a RB yes. I tore my ACL and meniscus, had surgery in September, and I'm fine...and I don't have a professional medical staff like he would have. Then again I'm only the victim of a jogging accident but still this wasn't a MacGhee type tear.
You're comparing your injury to a guy tearing up his knee and saying he should be fine to punt and kickoff with no problem? C'mon man! Let's put things in context here. If the Texans felt like he was a supreme talent they wouldn't have let him hit the market regardless of his suspension. I swear as fans we fall in love with the weirdest players. He isn't a Shane Lechler type of player. The guy was just ok.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #126
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Welp
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #127
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 106609 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
You're comparing your injury to a guy tearing up his knee and saying he should be fine to punt and kickoff with no problem? C'mon man! Let's put things in context here. If the Texans felt like he was a supreme talent they wouldn't have let him hit the market regardless of his suspension. I swear as fans we fall in love with the weirdest players. He isn't a Shane Lechler type of player. The guy was just ok.
Umm yeah. Having personally gone through the same injury and then some yeah I can speak towards it.

Who knows what kinda player he will become?!? All I'm saying and Marciano said is he was the best punter we had. Period! And yeah they let him walk for obvious reasons. Good Lord man, no one is saying he's the second coming. Keep an eye on him. You don't have to get butthurt if you don't agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #128
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

agree Papa.. I also remember Joe saying his 4.6 hangtime on kickoffs was unreal too

with that said. I hope things turn out for him somewhere. I have no ill feelings and will wait and see what the other 8 weeks were added on for

was he drug tested again before reinstatement?

I don't know. time will tell. but I do wish him the best where ever he goes
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #129
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

I half expect him to be at camp next year.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #130
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Yes. I think he'll get a shot here again.

If he still has the goods, it'd be smart to have him in camp in 2013.
Old 09-26-2012   #131
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
Yep. Me, too.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #132
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Umm yeah. Having personally gone through the same injury and then some yeah I can speak towards it.

Who knows what kinda player he will become?!? All I'm saying and Marciano said is he was the best punter we had. Period! And yeah they let him walk for obvious reasons. Good Lord man, no one is saying he's the second coming. Keep an eye on him. You don't have to get butthurt if you don't agree.
I personally don't care one way or another who punts for us as long as they get the job done. So far Jones has been just fine. Hartmann was decent last year, but I don't understand the love fest surrounding him. As far as the injury goes, the only thing I'm saying is your injury and you bouncing back is different than an athlete on the highest of levels bouncing back.

Either way, he's not on our team anymore so he's just like DeMeco, Mario, Winston, and everybody else. I wish him well, and if he happens to come back and get another opportunity I'll be hoping performs well. I won't go as far as Rey and say his career is over because he's young, but he has some major hurdles to clear first physically and otherwise.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012   #133
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

i feel like he'll be in camp next year, depending on his suspension status. He had a monster leg and could lay the wood on returners (i actually miss that about rackers too), plus he is the texans record holder for longest punt..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read