Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2012   #1
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Grimes signed by Jets

Tania Ganguli is reporting the Jets signed Jonathan Grimes off our practice squad

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
Old 09-25-2012   #2
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Grimes signed by Jets

Dang it!!!
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmm, geee, I wonder why. Rexxxy, you're soo sneaky.
Old 09-25-2012   #4
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Using that roster spot from Revis I would imagine (although I assume you are pointing to us playing them in a couple weeks). Hopefully we can get him back at some point. They had put a claim on him earlier but it was conditional I believe so the interest has been there.
Old 09-25-2012   #5
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Won't see him in a Texan uniform again.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

uh, oh. Ben Tate is smiling like a doggy with a big pork chop.
Old 09-25-2012   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
uh, oh. Ben Tate is smiling like a doggy with a big pork chop.

You lost me.
Old 09-25-2012   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've been following the Jets RB situation and Shonn Green has no long speed and looks sluggish and their back ups are expansion quality. Grimes is a definite upgrade. He's gonna get some carries...you can bet on that.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I've been following the Jets RB situation and Shonn Green has no long speed and looks sluggish and their back ups are expansion quality. Grimes is a definite upgrade. He's gonna get some carries...you can bet on that.
Probably, after they've held him in a room for a few hours breaking down our offense. Ha
Old 09-25-2012   #10
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Probably, after they've held him in a room for a few hours breaking down our offense. Ha

"Uh, I run the ball that way on that play and Coach Kubiak told me not to f*ck it up"

Seriously doubt a practice squad rookie RB knows our offense as well as even Rex Ryan who's played us twice.
Old 09-25-2012   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
"Uh, I run the ball that way on that play and Coach Kubiak told me not to f*ck it up"

Seriously doubt a practice squad rookie RB knows our offense as well as even Rex Ryan who's played us twice.
Maybe not, but I have no doubt they'll grill him anyways. Either way, we should be the crap out of them and I'll be giddy watchin Rex pout afterwards.
Old 09-25-2012   #12
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Isn't our offense pretty obvious?

1) The Texans like to run the ball...a lot. They are effective at one cut and go running.

2) The Texans like to use playaction pass and will pass the ball down the field or will use shorter routes.

3) The Texans play a 3-4/4-3 1 gap hybrid defense and generally man coverage.

What are they really going to learn that they can't see on film and that which is not obvious?

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do people always bring this up when someone is signed away from us? They didn't sign Grimes to get our playbook, they signed Grimes because they need help at the RB position.

I knew this would happen. Grimes showed to much stuff in pre-season for someone hurting at RB to not sign him.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #14
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Someone like Nolan to the Dolphins....maybe a playbook signing.

Grimes is too talented for BS.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Unless Grimes can tell Rex how to rebuild Revis Island...the Jets are effed anyway. No more ultra-aggressive defense with an elite corner shutting down one side of the field. It's up to Sanchez and Tebow now.

Old 09-25-2012   #16
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's up to Sanchez and Tebow now.
If that's true, then you almost have to feel sorry for them.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #17
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
You lost me.
There has been at least one lengthy thread about trading Tate. Some including me have said Grimes could be part of Foster/Fossett/Grimes in 2013. Removal of Grimes puts a bit more weight into keeping Tate thru his last contract year 2013.
Old 09-25-2012   #18
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Someone like Nolan to the Dolphins....maybe a playbook signing.

Grimes is too talented for BS.
I see that differently. Nolan played in the system, played against the offense and was on the team for years. Grimes just came by. I seriously doubt he can give them very much useful info.

Old 09-25-2012   #19
Doppelganger
None

Quote:
Unless Grimes can tell Rex how to rebuild Revis Island...the Jets are effed anyway. No more ultra-aggressive defense with an elite corner shutting down one side of the field. It's up to Sanchez and Tebow now.
Remember a couple of seasons ago the Jets fans were drooling with the thoughts of signing Aso and having Aso on one side and Revis on the other. Remember how disappointed they were when they settled for Cromartie? Now its Cromartie and Kyle Wilson.

Old 09-25-2012   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
It's up to Sanchez and Tebow now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
If that's true, then you almost have to feel sorry for them.
Someone needs to photoshop them into Batman and Robin. I think Tebow is Batman and Sunchips is Robin. I know it's kinda bassackwards, but it works for me.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read