Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-25-2012   #1
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Houston Texans: Unanimous #1 in NFL.com Power Rankings

Times are looking good.

http://fanrankings.nfl.com/results/experts
Old 09-25-2012   #2
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Houston Texans: Unanimous #1 in NFL.com Power Rankings

Texans rule!*

{* - at least for this week}
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #3
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116586 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Doomed!!!
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #4
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13708 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Doomed!!!

This makes me nervous

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

This is SO going to my head!!
Old 09-25-2012   #6
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It's nice, but it doesn't help us against the Titans this weekend. It won't buy us any points with those stupid blind unbelievably dumb replacement refs. If we beat the Titans this Sunday like we should, those horrid ESPN announcers will be insufferable duing our Monday night game.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #7
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Talk to me in January.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-25-2012   #8
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
It's nice, but it doesn't help us against the Titans this weekend. It won't buy us any points with those stupid blind unbelievably dumb replacement refs. If we beat the Titans this Sunday like we should, those horrid ESPN announcers will be insufferable duing our Monday night game.
I just realized that both of our Monday Night games this year is away... that really suck
Old 09-25-2012   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
I just realized that both of our Monday Night games this year is away... that really suck
Five prime time games this year, and only one of those in Reliant.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #10
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31401 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Like many on this board, I've been watching this team since the inception. While this is the best I have seen the Texans, I can help the feeling the other shoe is going to drop. I'm glad to get the press, but I'm also a little nervous about it.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #11
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Soooo how much ARE we charging for bandwagon tickets now days??

...and be sure and tell these bozos our bandwagon tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE!
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
On the other hand, these refs are calling a lot of stuff for the home team and, I think, shifting the games slightly in the home team's favor.

5 of our next 7 games are home games.

So. Maybe. That could be a good thing.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #13
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
At least that one game is on Sunday Night Football, and the first time
we get the best broadcast treatment at Reliant.
Old 09-25-2012   #14
SwoLy-D
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 SwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respectedSwoLy-D is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Talk to me in January.
February 3, 2013?
Quote:
We could have FLEX.
SwoLy-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #15
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 23300 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
Like many on this board, I've been watching this team since the inception. While this is the best I have seen the Texans, I can help the feeling the other shoe is going to drop. I'm glad to get the press, but I'm also a little nervous about it.
The Oilers POISONED this city.
Old 09-25-2012   #16
417Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4299 417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected417Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I cannot believe the success of HOuston and only 1 sunday nite game.
417Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #17
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

What makes me even happier is that the rest of our division is within the bottom 8 teams....
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #18
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417Texan View Post
I cannot believe the success of HOuston and only 1 sunday nite game.
Umm, we have two Sunday night games (Packers and @Bears), two Monday night games (@NYJ, @Patriots), and a Thanksgiving game at the Lions. I think that's a pretty good increase over last year's one prime time game on Thursday night football.
Old 09-25-2012   #19
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Umm, we have two Sunday night games (Packers and @Bears), two Monday night games (@NYJ, @Patriots), and a Thanksgiving game at the Lions. I think that's a pretty good increase over last year's one prime time game on Thursday night football.
Thats too many Monday night games.... I need to get cable.
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012   #20
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTexans View Post
Thats too many Monday night games.... I need to get cable.
Better hurry up then, first Texans MNF game is October 8 @NYJ. Could always go to a bar and watch it though.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read