Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-18-2012   #61
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC South .. that cake looks to be turning to mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
so does the AFC south play this week ????
I think you're missing some words in this question. I'm going to assume you're asking WHO the AFC South teams are going to play this week.

Jags play Colts in Indy.

Titans play the Lions in Tennessee.

OTOH, that might not be what you're asking at all.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #62
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
So are there people here who still think it's turning to mud?

Titans and Jags are still winless.
Indy got a win, but is still suspect.
Houston has two very impressive wins.
Let's wait a few more weeks. I still say we win division, just like I've always said we would, but whether it's a cake walk or a difficult run to the division championship it's still means we're the AFCS champs.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #63
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 130870 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Power rankings are out and I'm sure somebody will start a thread. Niners and Texans galore at #1 and #2.

The nearest AFC South team in in the 20-somethings. Just power rankings, but I see no mud here.
Old 09-20-2012   #64
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Not as dominant as I would like, but some dominating moments for sure.
We've played two games and after each one was over Dolphins and Jaguars fans were wondering if they were going to get the first pick in the draft next season. Each opponent was out coached so badly their respective fan bases were left wondering if their new coaching hires were mistakes. We turned each defense on its head badly enough to go into half time up almost 20. What else do you want, to beat em blindfolded with one hand tied behind their backs?
Old 09-20-2012   #65
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 231518 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
We've played two games and after each one was over Dolphins and Jaguars fans were wondering if they were going to get the first pick in the draft next season. Each opponent was out coached so badly their respective fan bases were left wondering if their new coaching hires were mistakes. We turned each defense on its head badly enough to go into half time up almost 20. What else do you want, to beat em blindfolded with one hand tied behind their backs?
Listen.

If we don't score on every possession, it's a fail. And it's a Kubiak fail.

If our defense doesn't stuff every play, it's a fail. And that's a Smithiak fail, too.

20 point victories are for wussies.

If we don't start running up some big damned scores, there's going to be hell to pay.

That was sarcasm, btw. In case you couldn't hear the dripping noise.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #66
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195574 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Listen.

If our defense doesn't stuff every play, it's a fail. And that's a Smithiak fail, too.

If we don't start running up some big damned scores, there's going to be hell to pay.

next time, use this
...just to be on the safe side
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012   #67
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Power rankings are out and I'm sure somebody will start a thread. Niners and Texans galore at #1 and #2.

The nearest AFC South team in in the 20-somethings. Just power rankings, but I see no mud here.
Texans / 49ers Super Bowl!!!
Old 09-23-2012   #68
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Listen.

Listen, I ain't like that. I like good football, I want to see good football. If we're playing sloppy football, playing flat & manage 6 minutes of awesome defense & "good" offense against mediocre defenses.... I'm not going to be all "rah, rah" Texans.

I'm also not going to say the sky is falling. Vs Jacksonville, I said we had some dominate moments... that's all. I'd have liked us to look like the team I think we can be on a more consistent basis.

It's early in the season, we've got time to "gel" so it's all good. This weeks game was much better, we played at a high level from start to finish, what I'm sure Kubiak is striving for. Not playing down to the competition, but playing our best on every snap regardless who our opponent is.
Old 09-24-2012   #69
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

this is a bigger and more important game then denver if we can win this one we can pretty much put our main foe the titans in a early hole and since we already won a road game in jaxs we will be sitting pretty good
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #70
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 218004 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
this is a bigger and more important game then denver if we can win this one we can pretty much put our main foe the titans in a early hole and since we already won a road game in jaxs we will be sitting pretty good
eh... we'll probably win the division regardless. Beating the Broncos head-to-head might help us in tie breakers later on.

who knows??
Old 09-25-2012   #71
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195574 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
eh... we'll probably win the division regardless. Beating the Broncos head-to-head might help us in tie breakers later on.

who knows??
Yep... conference record is one of the tie-breakers.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #72
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Colts 1-2
Jaguars 1-3
Titans 1-3
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #73
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC South .. that cake looks to be turning to mudhole stomping

^^^^
title fixed
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #74
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
^^^^
title fixed
I just tossed about 300 rep points your way for that. Laughed my butt off when I read your title change.

Nicely done.
Old 10-01-2012   #75
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Aaaaahhhh yeah!!

Old 10-01-2012   #76
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

I'm running linux. I just set the picture in my previous post as my splash/log on screen.

pretty cool in a geeky kind of way.
Old 10-01-2012   #77
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 306626 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Week 5 is not looking good for our division mates - would expect all to be underdogs:

Packers @ Colts
Bears @ Jaguars
Titans @ Vikings

Wonder how much losing Pagano is going to hurt the Colts?
Old 10-01-2012   #78
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Aaaaahhhh yeah!!

Man, the Cardinals are getting disrespected big time. They're 4-0 and still not in the discussion.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012   #79
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Man, the Cardinals are getting disrespected big time. They're 4-0 and still not in the discussion.
Honestly, 4-0 really doesn't mean anything other than you've had a good September. Good Septembers aren't what it's about. Remember how the Bills started last year? & the Cards have got Kolb as their QB, sort of. They're just as likely to end the season 4-12 as they are 12-4.

It's not disrespect, it's reality.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they have no shot, only it's too early to tell. People aren't thinking the Texans have a shot because we're 4-0 right now. They think we've got a shot because of what we did last year & that we are 4-0.
Old 10-01-2012   #80
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Honestly, 4-0 really doesn't mean anything other than you've had a good September. Good Septembers aren't what it's about. Remember how the Bills started last year? & the Cards have got Kolb as their QB, sort of. They're just as likely to end the season 4-12 as they are 12-4.

It's not disrespect, it's reality.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they have no shot, only it's too early to tell. People aren't thinking the Texans have a shot because we're 4-0 right now. They think we've got a shot because of what we did last year & that we are 4-0.
Very good point. Exactly why teams like New England, Baltimore, etc. get an almost excessive benefit of doubt.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read