Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2012   #21
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Schaub/Denver thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
It is an interesting take on human nature to see what orange colored googles can do to your interpretation of events

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...n-Schaub/page4
What idiots. Only a guy named CinematicFusion, who only has 4 posts, saw that it clearly was an illegal hit. And TexanDan, whomever that is, as well.

I hope to God we are not like that here. Are we? We don't see our guys commit a bad foul, such as that, and then poo-poo it as if it wasn't a bad thing? Do we? I certainly hope we don't. Because right now, that small sampling of Broncos fans is very disappointing.

"See nothing wrong there."

"Good, clean hit."

"On the Miller penalty, all I saw was a guy finishing a good tackle on the QB."

"After having slept on it, I still don't see why it was ruled roughing the passer."

Those are paraphrased, you all owe it to yourselves (as message board members here) to go read those poster quotes in their full ignorant glory...so that we can have perspective IF one of our guys ever does something borderline like that.

I think Cushing and Smith are two guys who would come closest to being a bit over-the-line on how they play the game sometimes, so now it has me desiring to watch our guys more closely to see if we're crossing the line sometimes.
Old 09-24-2012   #22
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 52212 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub played his best game to date against Peyton's Broncos. Huge performance big win!

His limited athletic ability combined with miss blocks & dangerous playcalling is going to expose him, just like yesterday in Denver to vicious contact. It's only a matter of time, when & where?

Referencing comparison to Jason Statham is awesome far as toughness part but he does have to work on his power walk.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #23
mokalus
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 mokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, the Von Miller penalty was questionable, but the Joe Mays hit was undeniable. Either way, I'm glad Matt Schaub showed toughness yesterday, but Kubiak has to find a way to prevent all these hits he was taking.
mokalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #24
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokalus View Post
IMO, the Von Miller penalty was questionable, but the Joe Mays hit was undeniable. Either way, I'm glad Matt Schaub showed toughness yesterday, but Kubiak has to find a way to prevent all these hits he was taking.
It was about as bad as Cushing's roughing penalty earlier in the game.

Broncos fans are mostly whiny babies though so feel free to ignore them until they possibly (doubt it) have to come here later on this season.
Old 09-24-2012   #25
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 112586 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub impressed the heck out of me....our pass pro not so much. I'll re-watch the game within the next day or two to find who to point the finger at. Ha
Old 09-24-2012   #26
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub was ballin to the wallin. Straight up disected the Broncos and when they got mad about it he just put his helmet back on and went back to work. MAN.

LOL at those Broncos fans comments. You can't land on top of the QB, which is exactly what Miller did. You can't helmet to helmet anyone, which is exactly what Mays did. Watch the Mays tackle again, he makes absolutely NO motion to wrap tackle with his arms. Considering candy ass Peyton got a roughing the passer for getting tripped....

They got whipped, couldn't stop a damn thing and had 2 shots to take Schaub out and couldn't do that either.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #27
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87001 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
What idiots. Only a guy named CinematicFusion, who only has 4 posts, saw that it clearly was an illegal hit. And TexanDan, whomever that is, as well.

I hope to God we are not like that here. Are we? We don't see our guys commit a bad foul, such as that, and then poo-poo it as if it wasn't a bad thing? Do we? I certainly hope we don't. Because right now, that small sampling of Broncos fans is very disappointing.

"See nothing wrong there."

"Good, clean hit."

"On the Miller penalty, all I saw was a guy finishing a good tackle on the QB."

"After having slept on it, I still don't see why it was ruled roughing the passer."

Those are paraphrased, you all owe it to yourselves (as message board members here) to go read those poster quotes in their full ignorant glory...so that we can have perspective IF one of our guys ever does something borderline like that.

I think Cushing and Smith are two guys who would come closest to being a bit over-the-line on how they play the game sometimes, so now it has me desiring to watch our guys more closely to see if we're crossing the line sometimes.
Yeah those people are morons. Now the thread's turned to where it was the Texans that fired the first shot by injuring Irvin, potentially ending his career, the guy who was hurt trying to tackle Holliday out of bounds.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #28
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Yeah those people are morons. Now the thread's turned to where it was the Texans that fired the first shot by injuring Irvin, potentially ending his career, the guy who was hurt trying to tackle Holliday out of bounds.
Well you know that big guy Holliday is like trying to tackle and an armor plated rhino...

Edit:

Quote:
Well, both of those hits happened after the Texans player almost ended Nate Irving's career, and after Cushing swept out Manning's legs 10 seconds after the play was over. You know what they say about turnabout.
Here's the hit:

Old 09-24-2012   #29
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Outside of those back to back 15 yard pf penalties Schaub as taken a number of hits, I wish we could limit those as they start to add up
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #30
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94100 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Schaub was ballin to the wallin. Straight up disected the Broncos and when they got mad about it he just put his helmet back on and went back to work. MAN.
LOL at those Broncos fans comments. You can't land on top of the QB, which is exactly what Miller did. You can't helmet to helmet anyone, which is exactly what Mays did. Watch the Mays tackle again, he makes absolutely NO motion to wrap tackle with his arms. Considering candy ass Peyton got a roughing the passer for getting tripped....

They got whipped, couldn't stop a damn thing and had 2 shots to take Schaub out and couldn't do that either.

This. Those 2 illegal hits coming back to back like that was no coincidence. Schaub had been carving up Del Rio's defense up to that point in the game. The play they got the safety on withstanding, they had been unable to get any blitzes home scheme wise to put those "think about me" type hits d-lineman & Lb's like to do to rattle qb's.

& b/c of Del Rio's history with the Jags, & the way the league was when he played & Schaub's history of being injury prone, there's no doubt in my mind that Del Rio out of frustration told all those guys on his front 7 "i don't care if it's illegal, late or whatever just hit him & get him to the ground."

& they did what he told them to do of course.......................................... & schaub then proceeded to slice their asses up .. style.

Dear Jack, this is what Schaub thinks of your defense..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #31
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 313912 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

This story has a good video of the Mays hit. There should be no doubt that it was illegal. I would not be surprised if he gets a suspension in addition to a monetary fine.
Old 09-24-2012   #32
Clamp
Rookie

Rep Power: 167 Clamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respectedClamp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Well you know that big guy Holliday is like trying to tackle and an armor plated rhino...

Edit:

Here's the hit:

Just to clarify, The play on the Houston return where the Bronco player was hurt, Glover Quinn threw a pretty big shoulder into his back as he was breaking down to make the tackle which launched him into Holliday. I saw it each time they showed the replay of the hit and was surprised that they never said anything about it. So in his defense he wasn't intending to hit him out of bounds, or at least we will never know if he was. Can anyone make a gif that shows just a few seconds more before the hit?

And on the Roughing the Passer call, Cushing did hold his leg and cause him to fall, but the penalty was called on another player who came in with a helmet to helmet while manning was still standing if I remember correctly. Correct me if I am mistaken or if you know who knows who the other player was.
Clamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #33
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114521 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Read some reports when Schaub went back in he was jawing with mays. Any idea what he was saying?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #34
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Read some reports when Schaub went back in he was jawing with mays. Any idea what he was saying?
Excuse me, do you have any grey poupon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #35
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114521 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Excuse me, do you have any grey poupon?

Seriously, what did he say?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #36
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 195074 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

YOU STAY AWAY FROM ME, JJ! YOU HEAR!

BUT PEYTON, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

JUST SOME HEALTHY FRIENDLY ADVISE. WHEN WE MEET AGAIN, DON'T EVER POINT YOUR FINGER AT JJ AGAIN........EVER!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #37
msbbc833
Veteran

Rep Power: 577 msbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respectedmsbbc833 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp View Post
Just to clarify, The play on the Houston return where the Bronco player was hurt, Glover Quinn threw a pretty big shoulder into his back as he was breaking down to make the tackle which launched him into Holliday. I saw it each time they showed the replay of the hit and was surprised that they never said anything about it. So in his defense he wasn't intending to hit him out of bounds, or at least we will never know if he was. Can anyone make a gif that shows just a few seconds more before the hit?

And on the Roughing the Passer call, Cushing did hold his leg and cause him to fall, but the penalty was called on another player who came in with a helmet to helmet while manning was still standing if I remember correctly. Correct me if I am mistaken or if you know who knows who the other player was.
Barwin
msbbc833 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read