Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2012   #41
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Nfl playbook drooling: Texans over broncs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yeah, but I do remember him blasting McNair for keeping Kubiak around a couple years ago. He basically said the Texans' failures start from the top. Which, at the time, was probably warranted too.

I've never had a problem with Baldy.

That said, I truly wish they'd get Irvin off my friggin TV. He ruins whatever show he's on when he opens his face.
I'll never be able to blast him for that, because I said the same thing..and still do. His commitment to "F.O.G.'s" should've cost him his job. He needs to count his thankful stars that he still has a job.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #42
silentassassin
Veteran

Rep Power: 2069 silentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respectedsilentassassin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
LOL, ESPN just had "Breaking News" and cut into a program to pull away to a Rex Ryan press conference where he announced Darrelle Revis tore his ACL

Andre Johnson could fall victim to a horrific farm accident and lose both arms and legs and he'd never get this ridiculous coverage (Ryan was basically crying), All you'd get was a bottom scroll.

This doesn't have crap to do with "respect" Which Houston will never gain after a big conference win.. Shat (the aftermath), the Giants don't even get the coverage that the (new cowboys, the Jets) do. It's comical
I think a lot of that hinges on the "casual fan."

I guess the definition of casual fan can be argued, but I'd say anyone who's posting on a fan board like this one isn't anywhere close to "casual fan." We're all pretty committed to watching this team and the sport in general.

But then there are those who just for the Tebow and things like that, and that's who most (if not all) of these major networks cater to.

It's just a bigger market.
silentassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #43
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Should I take a look at your knee for you, Vinny?
No you will have him out the rest of the season! lol sorry I just could not resist.
Old 09-24-2012   #44
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I don't know that it is necessarily ESPN's bias as much as it is the nation's bias. Houston is a smaller sports market because our fans are essentially limited to the Houston area and surrounding. Catering to Cowpoke fans just makes business sense since they are more popular. That said, I haven't watched ESPN for a non-sporting event in years because I'm tired of waiting for 30 seconds of coverage for my team(s).
Green Bay has done fairly well in their small market. We need to quit whining about air time and respect and keep dominating the next team up.

ALLL ABOARD, HAHAHAHA

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read