Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2012   #41
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3-0!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
Three teams left undefeated at 3-0:

Houston
Atlanta
Arizona

Two teams left winless at 0-3:

Cleveland
New Orleans

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings
I don't expect any of those five teams will keep an egg on their standings like they have now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #42
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I don't expect any of those five teams will keep an egg on their standings like they have now.
Rationally speaking, you are probably right.

Nevertheless, call me a homer if you want to, but I am expecting the Texans to run the table, unseating the 1972 Dolphins as the only and most winning team in NFL history, thereby giving the 2012 Texans rightful claim to being the greatest NFL football team of all times.

MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #43
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Nevertheless, call me a homer if you want to, but I am expecting the Texans to run the table, unseating the 1972 Dolphins as the only and most winning team in NFL history, thereby giving the 2012 Texans rightful claim to being the greatest NFL football team of all times.

I would love it if that happened. Just don't see it, but damn, that would be nice.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #44
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I can see it now - the Texans will be 14-0 on Dec. 22 and the damn Mayans will be right.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #45
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81025 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I can see it now - the Texans will be 14-0 on Dec. 22 and the damn Mayans will be right.
Holy crap.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #46
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Even better, Kubes is now officially over .500 as a coach. (50-49)
Old 09-24-2012   #47
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 293364 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Yeah, it would be just our luck to clinch home field for all our playoff games only to have the planet explode...
It's always something....
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #48
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81025 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Even better, Kubes is now officially over .500 as a coach. (50-49)
What's humbling is that, in spite of that, the Texans are 58-89, because Capers was 18-46 (my numbers might be slightly off because I just added them up from memory). We may very well win a Superbowl before we even that all out.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #49
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1720 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

71-95. Still pathetic.
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #50
drunkcookie
2 drunk 2 cook

Rep Power: 4924 drunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respecteddrunkcookie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans Sux 72 View Post
Why are Texan fans soooo insecure??????

I am die hard true blue but could give a rats azzz about what the media thinks.

Maybe there is something to this whole little brother syndrome that cowboy fan likes to throw at us Texan fans?
You answered your own question when you said "Texans fans"...part of being a fan is enjoying when your team is being drooled over when they deserve to be...

Sure, I'd rather them be #1 come February than in a meaningless power poll or three, but i wanna soak it up now as well...enjoy the ride, basically...nothing to do with being "insecure"...

...and Hell is coming with them!
drunkcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #51
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Yeah, it would be just our luck to clinch home field for all our playoff games only to have the planet explode...
It's always something....
I would die happy! We would be undefeated for eternity.....
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #52
darnbni99a
Veteran

Rep Power: 1442 darnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respecteddarnbni99a is a quality contributor and well respected

3-0 it feels dam good!!!!!
darnbni99a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Who cares?
Our 3-0 record is a FACT!
Power rankings - no matter where they come from - are just the OPINIONS of various talking heads.
What do you do for a living? If you were a doctor & advised me on the "best" treatment for a particular ailment, I don't have to take your advice. I could find an alternate treatment that works for me. However, if a group of doctors were to tell me what the best treatment was, why would I take a chance with "options"?

Like wise, if a group of Iron workers advised me on the best way to do a job, it wouldn't be wise for me to chose an alternate method.

If a group of quarterback coaches told me the best way to improve my accuracy was to point my toes toward my target, why wouldn't I point my toes towards my target?

So, if a group of talking heads say the Ravens are a better team than the Texans, why would that be so hard to accept?
Old 09-24-2012   #54
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
What do you do for a living? If you were a doctor & advised me on the "best" treatment for a particular ailment, I don't have to take your advice. I could find an alternate treatment that works for me. However, if a group of doctors were to tell me what the best treatment was, why would I take a chance with "options"?

Like wise, if a group of Iron workers advised me on the best way to do a job, it wouldn't be wise for me to chose an alternate method.

If a group of quarterback coaches told me the best way to improve my accuracy was to point my toes toward my target, why wouldn't I point my toes towards my target?

So, if a group of talking heads say the Ravens are a better team than the Texans, why would that be so hard to accept?
ObsiWan is a rocket scientist, and he slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read