Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2012   #41
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 78686 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Schaub getting a Xray

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Way to ruin my victory buzz cloak.....
he's just saying, BUT from what i saw from schaub in the second half and even when the game was over. He is fine sure its precaution, if anything they need to examine the guys head.
Old 09-23-2012   #42
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 87379 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

apparently he also lost a piece of his ear.

LINK
Old 09-23-2012   #43
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've read where Barwin was the assigned hit man on Manning but couldn't get close .
Old 09-23-2012   #44
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #45
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL at people wanting to play dirty back, no thanks I'll take the W.

Is this me?
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #46
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181498 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
apparently he also lost a piece of his ear.

LINK
The closeup on tv was consistent with a crush laceration with the edges retracted (separated) making it look like there is a loss of part of his earlobe. This is much like some of the females that have caught their large hoop earrings on something and the hoop tears through splitting the entire earlobe.

This (below) is one that has already been allowed to heal without repair (no longer bloody as opposed to Schaub's fresh injury). Note that there appears to be a loss of part of the earlobe.......but there isn't.

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #47
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I appreciate unguarded enthusiasm from my fellow Texans fans, but cheering an opponent's career-threatening injury is kinda classless. Just sayin'....
Idgaf nobody felt sorry for us when we loss Schaub or Mario or Andre for awhile so take that class and sux it this the NFL grown men next man up. Just Sayin.. OD has had 3 ACL tears and come back this 2012 man Doctors and Medical procedures can work wonders so I'm sure Revis will be back he isn't a Texan so idgaf once again.
Bleed_Blu_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #48
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red View Post
Idgaf nobody felt sorry for us when we loss Schaub or Mario or Andre for awhile so take that class and sux it this the NFL grown men next man up. Just Sayin.. OD has had 3 ACL tears and come back this 2012 man Doctors and Medical procedures can work wonders so I'm sure Revis will be back he isn't a Texan so idgaf once again.
I understand what you're saying. It's not like I'm doing a voodoo dance every week praying for injuries for our opponents but at the same time it is the Texans good fortune to be facing the Jets when they (may) not have Revis. Not going to apologize for taking note of the obvious. Nobody ever apologized for easy wins over the Texans when they had players out or back in the day when our roster was stocked with everyone else's rejects. That's the nature of the game.
Old 09-23-2012   #49
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
The closeup on tv was consistent with a crush laceration with the edges retracted (separated) making it look like there is a loss of part of his earlobe. This is much like some of the females that have caught their large hoop earrings on something and the hoop tears through splitting the entire earlobe.

This (below) is one that has already been allowed to heal without repair (no longer bloody as opposed to Schaub's fresh injury). Note that there appears to be a loss of part of the earlobe.......but there isn't.

And this is why it's nice to have someone in the medical field on this board. Thanks for the insight.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #50
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Basically Del Rio's game plan for Schaub has always been to try and knock the snot out of him until he ceased to be effective or knock him out of the game entirely, whichever came first. He did the same thing today. Those two plays that resulted in 15 yard penalties and easily could have passed as felony assault were the Denver defense (read: Del Rio) deciding that they'd had enough of Matt's hot hand.

If fines don't come down for this it will be a travesty. I used to dread the Texans road game to Jacksonville for just this reason. Del Rio is a piece of excrement whose teams have always done this.
Well Said
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #51
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not going to apologize for taking note of the obvious. Nobody ever apologized for easy wins over the Texans when they had players out or back in the day when our roster was stocked with everyone else's rejects. That's the nature of the game.
Hey, I'm always happy for gimme matchups.

I'm not suggesting that we should apologize for taking advantage of another team's weakened roster.

But cheering a player's torn ACL is simply classless.

Unless we're talking about Joe Mays.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #52
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Basically Del Rio's game plan for Schaub has always been to try and knock the snot out of him until he ceased to be effective or knock him out of the game entirely, whichever came first. He did the same thing today. Those two plays that resulted in 15 yard penalties and easily could have passed as felony assault were the Denver defense (read: Del Rio) deciding that they'd had enough of Matt's hot hand.

If fines don't come down for this it will be a travesty. I used to dread the Texans road game to Jacksonville for just this reason. Del Rio is a piece of excrement whose teams have always done this.
del Rio has always pissed me off. This kinda bull**** makes me think he should have been kicked out of the league for a year, not Payton. I will be pissed if Miller and Mays do not get fines, and I think that the league should start suspending for this kinda stuff. A fine doesn't really hit them all that hard in the long run.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #53
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Rep Power: 2095 Bleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respectedBleed_Blu_Red is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I understand what you're saying. It's not like I'm doing a voodoo dance every week praying for injuries for our opponents but at the same time it is the Texans good fortune to be facing the Jets when they (may) not have Revis. Not going to apologize for taking note of the obvious. Nobody ever apologized for easy wins over the Texans when they had players out or back in the day when our roster was stocked with everyone else's rejects. That's the nature of the game.
Exactly I'm not cheering the guys injury but if it helps the Texans good. That's the business guys get injured.
Old 09-23-2012   #54
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post

Schaub doesn't wear earrings. I have no doubt the helmet tore off a small chunk of his ear as opposed to simply splitting it. I don't see how he could have split it... unless his helmet broke and lacerated it or something.

Either way... he don't need ears to throw the ball.

btw, I'm not challenging your expertise or anything like that. Just saying what I think. No more no less me being a Joe Fan Blow.
Old 09-23-2012   #55
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

wow missed the game due to a softball tourney but holly smokes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CRUt1xrGk4
slow motion
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #56
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira

That shot by Mays on Schaub should be an ejection and should be a $50k fine. At least. That's vicious.
Mike Pereira
@MikePereira

Former Vice President of Officiating in the National Football League. Current Rules Analyst at FOX Sports. Referee of Twitters 18th officiating crew

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #57
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I call shenanigans on Mays. Double shenanigans on the NFL if they don't step up and protect Schaub like they would Manning, with all their hoopla about safety concerns...

And an unprecedented TRIPLE shenanigans on Del Rio. Come right the hell on....
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #58
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 181498 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
Schaub doesn't wear earrings. I have no doubt the helmet tore off a small chunk of his ear as opposed to simply splitting it. I don't see how he could have split it... unless his helmet broke and lacerated it or something.

Either way... he don't need ears to throw the ball.

When you have hard surface (helmet) hit hard against soft tissue (ear lobe) which is crushed against another hard surface (bone), it creates a classic crush laceration (split ear lobe).

The mechanism much like this (see below) crush (split) laceration injury caused by hard surface (floor, wall, fist, etc.) blunt strike to soft tissues (brow area or as also seen commonly under the chin) backed by another hard tissue (bone).

Old 09-23-2012   #59
Bleed_Blu_Red
Veteran

Just Finished watching Inside The Game, Idk if it was mentioned but Schaub said after the game he lost a piece of his Ear.

Kubiak said after the game during the week he told the coaching staff, Schaub was going to play his Ass off because he is Focused and Motivated and puts in the work in the film room Schaub got the game ball Good to Hear.
Old 09-23-2012   #60
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed_Blu_Red View Post
Just Finished watching Inside The Game, Idk if it was mentioned but Schaub said after the game he lost a piece of his Ear.

Kubiak said after the game during the week he told the coaching staff, Schaub was going to play his Ass off because he is Focused and Motivated and puts in the work in the film room Schaub got the game ball Good to Hear.
That's the exact statement many of my patients have commonly told my staff when making an appointment for a crush laceration........because it looks like it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read