Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2012   #61
rolyat93
Veteran

Rep Power: 2303 rolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respectedrolyat93 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trindon Holliday is an accident waiting to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Right. Let's just hope it's not in the playoffs.
This will be bumped when he scores a TD in the AFC championship game.
rolyat93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #62
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217185 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolyat93 View Post
This will be bumped when he scores a TD in the AFC championship game.
It will also be bumped if he costs us a playoff game like Jacoby Jones did.
Old 09-19-2012   #63
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

He needs work on punts. It seems that if a punter puts the ball away from him he has trouble catching it while running. On kickoffs, I'm fine with him bringing just about everything out. He's usually going to wind up around the 20 or beyond and the chances that he breaks one increase every time he takes it out. If I were Kubes I would sit him down and drill it into him that he needs to work on catching the ball and then running on punts.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012   #64
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
He needs work on punts. It seems that if a punter puts the ball away from him he has trouble catching it while running. On kickoffs, I'm fine with him bringing just about everything out. He's usually going to wind up around the 20 or beyond and the chances that he breaks one increase every time he takes it out. If I were Kubes I would sit him down and drill it into him that he needs to work on catching the ball and then running on punts.

Mike
I would tend to agree with you. However, if the "protective" return team continues to play as poorly as they have so far and gives him as little time before our opponents are in his face, I will remain understanding of a player that shows some semblance of hesitancy and "schiziness" whenever the ball comes his way.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #65
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82108 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Still wondering when he's gonna do something. That east-west punt return for 2 yards was very Jacoby-esque, no blocks in the back today at least.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #66
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Does Holliday even practice with the rest of theam? I'd have him and the punter just practice catching punts all day every day in practice until he gets it right. I'm less concerned about kickoffs because he has time to recover, but the punt can get tricky especially with guys ready to take you out if you miss.

I would much rather have a sure fair catch every time than a small percentage of a fumble on any given punt return and a small percent chance of a TD.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #67
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
Does Holliday even practice with the rest of theam? I'd have him and the punter just practice catching punts all day every day in practice until he gets it right. I'm less concerned about kickoffs because he has time to recover, but the punt can get tricky especially with guys ready to take you out if you miss.

I would much rather have a sure fair catch every time than a small percentage of a fumble on any given punt return and a small percent chance of a TD.
Trindon didn't really have much to work with today. We knew all kickoffs were going straight through the end zone. He does seem more hesitant back there, though, compared to pre-season.

One thing I always wondered, though... on obvious un-returnable punts, why not stick a sure-handed receiver back there? For example, if the punter is kicking between the 40s, most likely he's kicking it high and simply try to pin the team inside the 20. 95% of the time, these punts aren't returned. So why have Trindon back there? Why not put a guy that is proven to have good hands and make good decisions? For all other punts that are "returnable", then stick the playmaker back there.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #68
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 5916 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a fan of him standing still for 5 seconds before running. Get the 5 yards you can get sometimes.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #69
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23265 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
Not a fan of him standing still for 5 seconds before running. Get the 5 yards you can get sometimes.
This was the same complaint against Jacoby. Maybe this is what they are being coached to do?
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #70
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
This was the same complaint against Jacoby. Maybe this is what they are being coached to do?
no!
Old 09-24-2012   #71
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
no!
I think it would be more interesting if he caught it and ran around in a few circles before taking off one way or another.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #72
speedfreek
All Pro

Rep Power: 26703 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected

He is Jacoby Jones. Just smaller and not as good of a wide receiver. I just have a bad gut feeling that this guy is going to cost us a game -- I just hope it isn't a playoff game.

TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik4u View Post
I think we are overly nervous because of the Jacoby Jones debacle we have lived thru the past 4 years.

I am always nervous on punt returns. Pisses me off that I am that way.
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #73
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Trindon is discovering that KR/PR is alot different in the regular season than against the wanna be's in the preseason.

How long has it been since coach Joe had an above avg ST's?

He's the root of the problem. IMHO
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #74
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 182645 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Trindon is discovering that KR/PR is alot different in the regular season than against the wanna be's in the preseason.

How long has it been since coach Joe had an above avg ST's?

He's the root of the problem.
IMHO

Where the wedge went, so went the STs. Joe has never been able to adapt.

Holliday has been in there also as "gunner." I remember one returner he nailed to the wall.

BTW, on NFL.com Box Score, Casey is listed as being a kick returner on one play (0 yds). I don't remember this. Of course, that same listing shows Holliday fielding 4 punt returns with 0 kick returns?????????????
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #75
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 46308 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Still wondering when he's gonna do something. That east-west punt return for 2 yards was very Jacoby-esque, no blocks in the back today at least.
No, running backwards first Jacoby-esque. I haven't seen him take a single step backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
I was ok with this, wait for someone to run out if their lane. Still not running backwards.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.
Old 09-24-2012   #76
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't really think people question his ability more like his intelligence. What 5'5" man in his right mind would return kick-offs & punts in the NFL with thugs twice his own size trying to knock his block off?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #77
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82108 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Where the wedge went, so went the STs. Joe has never been able to adapt.

Holliday has been in there also as "gunner." I remember one returner he nailed to the wall.

BTW, on NFL.com Box Score, Casey is listed as being a kick returner on one play (0 yds). I don't remember this. Of course, that same listing shows Holliday fielding 4 punt returns with 0 kick returns?????????????
He picked up the squib kick at the end of the first half.
Old 09-24-2012   #78
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 68059 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

The guy makes me more nervous than Jacoby ever did. Put Forsett back there, and let him get after it.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
WINTERFELL - BECAUSE STANNIS PUSHED IT
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #79
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72604 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
The guy makes me more nervous than Jacoby ever did. Put Forsett back there, and let him get after it.
^^^^
This

Forsett is a very good return man in his own right. Alot more sure handed.

Holliday is doing alot better as a gunner than I thought he would.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012   #80
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

I'd also rather have Manning returning kickoffs and let anyone else return punts. That'd allow us to activate Brooks or Posey or, my favorite, Pleasant from the PS. Holliday is a pre-season wonder and isn't worth a roster spot.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read