Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2012   #61
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Connor Barwin?

I like Barwin, but I don't think you overpay for him. I'd rather free up the cap space when we need to sign players like Watt or Tate in the future. It's also a symptom of the new player deal that rookies are more valuable to a team because you don't have to pay them much.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #62
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13708 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

I want us to keep Barwin, because Barwin. Watt, Reed and some of the others on defense seem to have great chemistry and it will only make our defense better if this core doesn't get broke up.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #63
Naiirb
All Pro

Rep Power: 2725 Naiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respectedNaiirb is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe i heard Barwins name 2-3 times throughout the entire game? I blame the hair being cut off. Lost his mojo
Naiirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #64
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 57187 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea, not sure what the problem is, but he is just not good this season AT ALL. He has applied little pressure and no sacks, plus is not good in coverage. If he continues to play like this, I would not doubt if we see more Mercilus
Old 09-23-2012   #65
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

If he keeps bulking 3-4 DE is a possibility. Honestly its very hard to tell with Wade Phillips game calling this year, his best move is a bull rush then he drops into coverage I don't get it?

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #66
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80659 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

It may have been said, but him bulking up in the offseason may have had a negative effect on him. Hopefully he can get it going soon.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #67
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

If he doesn't wake up, not only do I not extend him, but I actively ship his ass out.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #68
macho grande
Veteran

Section: thin air up here
Rep Power: 347 macho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiirb View Post
I believe i heard Barwins name 2-3 times throughout the entire game? I blame the hair being cut off. Lost his mojo
This game? I don't know if I've heard his name 2-3 times this season.
macho grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #69
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been saying it since the preseason that Barwin has lost a step and looks much slower in his pass rush. There was next to no pressure from the edge in todays game.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #70
Titans Sux 72
Veteran

Rep Power: 1719 Titans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respectedTitans Sux 72 is a quality contributor and well respected

He picked a wrong year to be silent.

Agent must not have told him it was a contract year.

Sacks=Stacks!!!!
Titans Sux 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #71
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
I've been saying it since the preseason that Barwin has lost a step and looks much slower in his pass rush. There was next to no pressure from the edge in todays game.
Brooks Reed got good pressure today. Braman and Reed and Mercilus got this.

Barwin should have tried to score a decent extension prior to this season. I wonder if his asking price was too high, if the agent's strategy was to let him play hard this season and gamble for a big raise, or if the Texans aren't even interested in his extension due to being a bit stacked at OLB.
Old 09-23-2012   #72
wolf123
All Pro

Rep Power: 2801 wolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respectedwolf123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Brooks Reed got good pressure today. Braman and Reed and Mercilus got this.

Barwin should have tried to score a decent extension prior to this season. I wonder if his asking price was too high, if the agent's strategy was to let him play hard this season and gamble for a big raise, or if the Texans aren't even interested in his extension due to being a bit stacked at OLB.
From what I've heard he was asking for a lot and texans weren't willing to pay it.
wolf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #73
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf123 View Post
From what I've heard he was asking for a lot and texans weren't willing to pay it.
If so, then bravo to Rick Smith. Again.
Old 09-23-2012   #74
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Connor Who? Is he still on the team this year?

I don't remember hearing his name called once today, or even last week.
Old 09-23-2012   #75
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Conner gambled by not accepting a contract, and if he continues to not make a big impact he's going to lose big. He's funneling some sacks to the inside guys, but if he doesn't put up numbers he won't get paid big. It's as simple as that.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #76
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess you all failed to watch the Bronco's run game go nowhere because of the entire front.

You also have to take into consideration that many plays are designed to free up a specific individual .... thats unselfish play. This team is thinking about not

Win the and the will come.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #77
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Barwin had 11.5 sacks last year.

After his third game last year he had one less tackle and one more sack than he's registered so far this season.

He'll be 26 years old in October, so I can't imagine that he's lost any athleticism.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #78
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Barwin should have stuck with what worked so well last season. He is not getting a sweet deal as a DE.
Old 09-23-2012   #79
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 146673 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Barwin had 11.5 sacks last year.

After his third game last year he had one less tackle and one more sack than he's registered so far this season.

He'll be 26 years old in October, so I can't imagine that he's lost any athleticism.
Regardless of stats his play is not the same.
Old 09-23-2012   #80
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

I think JJ is just hogging all of the sacks. What a jerk!
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read