Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2012   #281
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The improbable improvement of Kareem Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99 View Post
Kareem Jackson is a cornerback, a position that doesn't peak performance-wise until yr 4-6. It's an investment as much as a pick. These guys last longer than QBs. KJ could be destined for a legendary play or plays this season or next. He definitely has athletic potential to be part of some great plays.

Kareem Jackson is tough. He never shies from a collision. That's a valued quality for a CB. Anyway I hope he turns into a clutch player because he picked good years to suck. Nothing was happening those years anyway. And odds favor his career status rising because of success the Texans should have as long as Wade Phillips and Gary Kubiak are running the defense and offense.
not saying tackling is not important but I'd much rather corners keep the ball out of WRs hands.
Old 09-16-2012   #282
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
not saying tackling is not important but I'd much rather corners keep the ball out of WRs hands.
Agreed. Trying to find sunshine wherever I can. Seems like his arc is in ascent which is apparently good enough for the coaches. Plenty of pressure and things can change, but for now he's earned his spot on the field.

Last edited by kingh99; 09-16-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-16-2012   #283
kwayshauntay
Veteran

Rep Power: 832 kwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respectedkwayshauntay is a quality contributor and well respected

Kareem played a nice game today. He made plays, and even turned his head on coverage of a deep ball to Shorts. No complaints today whatsoever.

Decent 1st week, very good 2nd week. Let's keep this trend going.
kwayshauntay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #284
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I never liked the word "improbable" in this thread title. It was always inevitable that he would get better. We still won't know how good he can get for like another 2 years. Problem was we started him as our #1 corner in his rookie year. Even most 1st round corners (which I know he is one) can't handle that.

Heck, J. Joseph is still improving some, not that he needs to.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #285
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148338 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I never liked the word "improbable" in this thread title. It was always inevitable that he would get better. We still won't know how good he can get for like another 2 years. Problem was we started him as our #1 corner in his rookie year. Even most 1st round corners (which I know he is one) can't handle that.

Heck, J. Joseph is still improving some, not that he needs to.
Jackson probably played his best game as a pro today .... they didnt give Gabbert many openings today. 76 yards passing .... while playing with a lead all day long ?! Thats just sick.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #286
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Jackson probably played his best game as a pro today .... they didnt give Gabbert many openings today. 76 yards passing .... while playing with a lead all day long ?! Thats just sick.
For the most part, KJ was on Blackmon. Blackmon was glaringly cricket material today.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #287
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Will reserve my judment on KJ this season until he faces an actual passing threat, manning, brady, rogers etc....so far he has faced Tannehil and Gabbert not exactly the cream of the crop.....
Old 09-16-2012   #288
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Like I said in the gameday thread, if he continues to perform at this level against Rodgers/Brady/Manning/Stafford etc... then I will take my serving of crow smothered in brown gravy. (Very Happily) Hopefully games against 2-3rd tier QB's will help get KJ's confidence up and he will play well against the top tier QB's.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #289
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Like I said in the gameday thread, if he continues to perform at this level against Rodgers/Brady/Manning/Stafford etc... then I will take my serving of crow smothered in brown gravy. (Very Happily) Hopefully games against 2-3rd tier QB's will help get KJ's confidence up and he will play well against the top tier QB's.
That's not very fair. The elite QBs will make most DBs look horrible.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #290
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10331 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
That's not very fair. The elite QBs will make most DBs look horrible.
Nothing in life is fair! And that goes double for the "fans" on this message board!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012   #291
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Will reserve my judment on KJ this season until he faces an actual passing threat, manning, brady, rogers etc....so far he has faced Tannehil and Gabbert not exactly the cream of the crop.....
You've got a point, however, we're talking about Kj's play. Was he where he was supposed to be? Did he get beat? Burnt? Turned around? Did he make plays on the ball? Tackle? etc.. etc.. those things will give you an idea of how he's going to do when he faces Manning, Brees, Brady... which is really a team thing more than a Kj thing.

He covered some "decent" WR talent. No "known" names, but talented players all the same. We saw good things as well as bad. We see he's not making many of the same mistakes he made last year.

Most importantly, we're seeing a confident player gaining more confidence every week. I like that.
Old 09-16-2012   #292
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
You've got a point, however, we're talking about Kj's play. Was he where he was supposed to be? Did he get beat? Burnt? Turned around? Did he make plays on the ball? Tackle? etc.. etc.. those things will give you an idea of how he's going to do when he faces Manning, Brees, Brady... which is really a team thing more than a Kj thing.

He covered some "decent" WR talent. No "known" names, but talented players all the same. We saw good things as well as bad. We see he's not making many of the same mistakes he made last year.

Most importantly, we're seeing a confident player gaining more confidence every week. I like that.
Gabbert had NO time to do anything, what was he like 7 of 19 for 58 yards are some B.S. They had 2 starters on the O-Line it's not like the camera evern went down field very much to even show the secondary, so how should i know if KJ got beat or was out of position. All i know is an elite QB and O-line will make/attempt those throws against him.

I'm not saying he played bad, just saying lets see how he does against a legit passing game.
Old 09-16-2012   #293
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153493 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Gabbert had NO time to do anything, what was he like 7 of 19 for 58 yards are some B.S. They had 2 starters on the O-Line it's not like the camera evern went down field very much to even show the secondary, so how should i know if KJ got beat or was out of position. All i know is an elite QB and O-line will make/attempt those throws against him.

I'm not saying he played bad, just saying lets see how he does against a legit passing game.
Did you watch the whole game? There were several shots of Kj in coverage.
Old 09-17-2012   #294
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 148338 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Did you watch the whole game? There were several shots of Kj in coverage.
He broke in front of recievers on multiple plays .... He ran their routes better than they did.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012   #295
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL, I remember somebody was worrying sick that the Jags drafted Blackmon!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012   #296
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Gabby is not a great qb, but some of those pressures and sacks were due to coverage. That Brooks reed almost safety was because gabby had nowhere to go with the ball...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #297
Lady.Gaga.3000
Veteran

Rep Power: 417 Lady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respectedLady.Gaga.3000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kareem Jackson is better. He is good to me. He was good in last years playoffs, and our biggest game so far this season he was good.
Lady.Gaga.3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #298
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good game by him. Better than Joseph today actually. Got screwed on that PI call.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #299
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.Gaga.3000 View Post
Kareem Jackson is better. He is good to me. He was good in last years playoffs, and our biggest game so far this season he was good.
Good 4 Gaga is bad to BL

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012   #300
ThaJokaa
True Texans Fan

Rep Power: 7520 ThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respectedThaJokaa is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
Good game by him. Better than Joseph today actually. Got screwed on that PI call.
This, who ever thinks other wise an idiot. He clearly played the receiver and located the ball..
ThaJokaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read